PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2018 Training Camp Thread - Day 6 (8/1/18)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Injury settlement most likely. It gives him a chance to potentially catch on with another team if he recovers in time. I also wouldn't rule out a return in the future if he progresses well in his rehab and recovery. They seemed to like the player all right.

3 weeks after settlement (EDIT: expires) to sign w another team and 6 weeks to sign back w original team iirc. Its faster come back to practice as IR (in this case) but it rarely works this way..

Read the tweet. :)
I did. Why does it show a black guy? I accidentally quoted you and I’m trying to fix it. My iPhone is so damn slow.

I have a hard time seeing what Decker brings to the table other than his wife.

Wow... he brought her to the TABLE? That's hawt. ;)

rs_560x415-131004141010-1024.eric-decker-jessie-james.mh_.100413.jpg

No love for Etling? First guy on the field and typically the last guy off of it.

He did him last time. Or the time before that, one or the other.

Comments:

- The Matthews release is disappointing.

- Don't mind bringing in Decker...dunno if he makes the 53 though.

- Right now, I have our WR's as:

Edelman (Suspended)
Hogan
Dorsett
Patterson
Britt (Not even practicing, but think he's closer than Mitchell)
Slater (gunner that accounts for the WR6 spot)
Mitchell (If we released Matthews because of a 6-7 week hammy injury...it means Mitchell is close to practicing, IMO)
Berrios
McCarron
Lucien

Decker could make it as our #5WR for the first 4 weeks, but he would have to beat out Mitchell/Berrios/McCarron with the latter 2 likely being in the mix at PR.

And as for Dez Bryant....I think he could be useful in the Red Zone though. We don't need him to be a #1 WR....

However, I don't think he brings anything to the table that Britt doesn't....and is probably too expensive...

Could Chris Hogan be in for a big year?

Dez said the Dallas offense was elementary school a motivated Dez isnt the worst signing you could make.
He won’t be able to grasp our offense, and he brings his personality and attitude with him which both are large negatives.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back