PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Monday 8/12 Patriots Training Camp Practice Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did we trade Dorsett? Because even if you don’t have him in your 5 he’s at worst in the discussion to battle it out with those other WRs
I don't think he was trying to slight Dorsett. But yes, he is in a battle with the best of the rest list.

1.Edelman
2.Dorsett
3.Meyers
4.Harry
5. Mo. Harris
Suspension: Gordon
Retired: Thomas
IR with designation to return: Berrios
IR: Meredith.

I like this game.

1.Edelman
2.Dorsett
3.Meyers
4.Harry
5. Mo. Harris
Suspension: Gordon
Retired: Thomas
IR with designation to return: Berrios
IR: Meredith.

I like this game.
Harry is going to be the clear cut number two, behind Edelman. The Patriots don’t spend that kind of capital on a player without expecting some production and a big role out of him in year one (barring injury, of course). If Gordon comes back from suspension, that’s a dramatically improved WR corps from last season to this season.

I doubt he will be cut, but I wouldn't say he is a lock.

Seems like the Pats have put an emphasis on getting guys with good catch Radius. Though Dorsett can catch his radius his questionable at best. Also with his Speed he doesn't separate enough for my liking. If our Big guys bring more to the table I think Dorsett will get cut which wouldn't surprise me.

Did we trade Dorsett? Because even if you don’t have him in your 5 he’s at worst in the discussion to battle it out with those other WRs

I forgot Dorsett. He’s definitely in there, as patriots number 3/4 WR

Edit: Forgot Dorsett

Here’s what I am praying our WR core looks like week 1

WR1 Edelman
WR2 Gordon
WR3 Harry
WR4 Dorsett
WR5 Thomas
WR6 Meyers

Battle for WR7 spot between Harris, Berrios, Inman, and Merideth

Edit: Forgot Dorsett

Here’s what I am praying our WR core looks like week 1

WR1 Edelman
WR2 Gordon
WR3 Harry
WR4 Dorsett
WR5 Thomas
WR6 Meyers

Battle for WR7 spot between Harris, Berrios, Inman, and Merideth

Maurice Harris seems to be quite a find he's too cheap and young not to keep. Also I wouldn't be in a Rush to put D Thomas among the Actives he could go the PUP Route as a Injury/Gordon Insurance. Same for Cameron Merideth.

Harry is going to be the clear cut number two, behind Edelman. The Patriots don’t spend that kind of capital on a player without expecting some production and a big role out of him in year one (barring injury, of course). If Gordon comes back from suspension, that’s a dramatically improved WR corps from last season to this season.

I should have prefaced that this was in no particular order. In terms of pure talent Harry might very well be the best wr on the team.

Also with these wr rankings..noticed Slater is not on any list. Although he won't technically be out there for snaps..he does count toward the total wr count.

I’ve seen enough of Meyers to know he sticks. Scouts got him wrong because of his combine 40 time. Watch him burn first round safety from chargers on YouTube for 71 yard TD, they underrated his tape

Also with these wr rankings..noticed Slater is not on any list. Although he won't technically be out there for snaps..he does count toward the total wr count.

Ugh slater. Lol. Love him to death but wish he could count toward different position. I think he will go down as the best special teamer of all time

I think given the rhetoric on Harris, a player with NFL experience, has gone from stud to dud, I’d pump the brakes on Meyers being WR2. We’ve seen a lot of young WRs look good early on and fizzle our, many ending up cut.

Yes, I should pump on the brakes a bit...BUT tell me if we were to play a game TOMORROW.....Meyers would be our #1, right? Even with Edelman healthy...I think he would be #2....at least until Harry gets healthy....

Yes, I should pump on the brakes a bit...BUT tell me if we were to play a game TOMORROW.....Meyers would be our #1, right? Even with Edelman healthy...I think he would be #2....at least until Harry gets healthy....
No. I don’t think so. Looking good against guys who aren’t good enough to play in the nfl isn’t a bad thing it just isn’t proof he can do it against guys who can. Remember, making a mistake that causes a pick negates a lot of catches.
Running he right route and catching the ball half a dozen times is a small sample of what he will need to do to be able to play in this league but far from all of it.
Today, it would probably be dorsett and Harris as 1 and 2 with Meyers in the mix for playing time.
It’s along way from preseason catches to reliable starting receiver.
There’s a reason no one drafted him, so you can’t overstate one game.

I’ve seen enough of Meyers to know he sticks. Scouts got him wrong because of his combine 40 time. Watch him burn first round safety from chargers on YouTube for 71 yard TD, they underrated his tape
Not to give you a hard time but I always am curious by these kind of comments.

Do you really think all of the scouts of 32 nfl teams looked at a 40 time and ignored 99% of their job, which is evaluating a player on film?

No. I don’t think so. Looking good against guys who aren’t good enough to play in the nfl isn’t a bad thing it just isn’t proof he can do it against guys who can. Remember, making a mistake that causes a pick negates a lot of catches.
Running he right route and catching the ball half a dozen times is a small sample of what he will need to do to be able to play in this league but far from all of it.
Today, it would probably be dorsett and Harris as 1 and 2 with Meyers in the mix for playing time.
It’s along way from preseason catches to reliable starting receiver.
There’s a reason no one drafted him, so you can’t overstate one game.

Not even basing that on the Detroit game. Basing that on what he has done CONSISTENTLY against our secondary in practice. IMO, we have the best secondary in the NFL...and even if it were against back ups...we have some pretty good starting caliber back ups here.....

Screw it...I am drinking the Kool Aid! Gimme more!

Meyers seems promising. He'll probably tear his acl by week 3 given our luck with young WRs.

And i'm sure Harry will have that nagging injury all year long.

Every previous pick in the history of the new England patriots has no more to do with this players career than the chance the team wins when you wear your lucky shirt.
Is that the one with pink stripes?

Meyers seems promising. He'll probably tear his acl by week 3 given our luck with young WRs.

And i'm sure Harry will have that nagging injury all year long.
I know right. Maybe some year we will figure out how to get out from under this dark cloud and win a little.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes