PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2018 Training Camp Thread - Day 1 (7-26-18)

Status
Not open for further replies.
What you mean by that? You expect him to be average the whole year? I wanna see how this JC Jackson does

According to the Twitter TL, Jackson was seen lining up opposite JMAC with the other backups. He has a tendency to grab his man but he's intriguing. Hopefully he can add to his good spring.

Daily threads with the dates works fine, and it avoids the problems of a megathread.

No it doesn't; not when the camp days start adding up, otherwise you're going to have 20 something threads cluttering up the forum.

Much easier to go to one thread and click on "go to first unread."

No it doesn't; not when the camp days start adding up, otherwise you're going to have 20 something threads cluttering up the forum.

It obviously avoids the issue with megathreads, and the threads will fall off the page as other topics boot them off.

What you mean by that? You expect him to be average the whole year? I wanna see how this JC Jackson does

That’s not promising. He’s supposed to be our butler replacement. Can we expect guys like Jackson and crossen to be ready to go day 1?

He’ll be a number 5 corner at best behind gilmore, rowe, jones and dawson I would think. I don’t think the patriots ever viewed him as a butler replacement.

He’ll be a number 5 corner at best behind gilmore, rowe, jones and dawson I would think. I don’t think the patriots ever viewed him as a butler replacement.

I really don’t want Rowe as the #2. I really hope jones takes the next step as a starting corner

TBH, by Day 10 this thread will be on Page 3 with all the things that are going to be happening inevitably. And inevitably folks will make threads on those things that happen.

Hopefully all the TC threads will remain at the top. I'll try to keep them updated during the day so they do.

Looks like there's one county on Long Island...
That looks like the Borough of Queens, just west of Nassau County.....(what can I say, I used to date a girl from Long Island......)

I get what you’re saying, but I’m pretty sure we had individual TC (day by day) threads last summer, and it worked just fine. I think most of us appreciate the daily updates.

As long as the date is included in the thread title, I don’t see why it would be an issue. Just my opinion.

Dorsett has the speed and quicks. TBD is whether or not he has the hands, brains and balls.
For some reason I keep picturing him as too small to take the kind of big shots that are needed to endure the punishment that comes with that role, but I may be wrong.

Common sense says that his measurements are comparable to guys like Welker, Brown, Amendola, etc, but I think they were able to play a bit “bigger.” Those were some tough guys. I suppose this is where the “balls” comment factors in. He’ll need to be tough and gritty.

Who has been looking better, JC Jackson or Crossen?

He got beat for the Hollister touchdown. Not expecting much from him TBH...

I'm not either. He's never been a good cover corner in man and has been better in zone. I suspect that's where they'll use him. If the call is man back there, I would expect some variation of Gilmore, Rowe, J. Jones, and Dawson/Jackson/etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back