PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2018 Training Camp Thread - Day 9 (8/4/18)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Same here. Had mine drained and within a day or two I was able to use the remote control and effectively switch channels while occasionally navigating to the kitchen to grab a beer or two. This shouldn't hold Michel back at all. If I can do it he can too.
You sir, inspire me.

If that ends up being the case, it’s another black mark for the medical staff. I loved the pick and I love Michel’s game, but I don’t see how you burn a first rounder on any guy with bone on bone knee issues let alone a skill position guy. Hopefully that’s not the case because he’s a threat behind this OL if healthy and would pay immediate dividends.
I don’t know why, but part of me still thinks that NE was the team that Pete Carroll was talking about in terms of the draft day trade offer they got immediately after selecting RB Penny.

It just seems like such a Belichick thing to do.

• Agree
Reactions: jah
No you just have zero accountability.

I said one thing and you claim I said something else. I was talking about the 53 and the eventual cutoff day the entire time and you make it about the right now where roster size is 90+.

And the worst part is you will still try to find a way to turn this around instead of simply accepting that you misread what I said. Whatever man..

Interesting day at TC yesterday, expected big crowds, but it was the smallest I have seen in quite a while... surprisingly there was a nice breeze and not all that warm.

Tedy Bruschi spotted in the far endzone talking with BB and later with Mr. Kraft..

Ty Law pimping his "Launch" business venture, alonside a tall green kangaroo...

Kind of a mundane practice, focusing on a lot of situational football..

Decker suited up, did not seem all that lost...

Gronk did a small lap, not sure why..

Ernie Adams seemed focus on the kicking units, do not remember him being this involved before..

Hightower and Roberts got tangled up on a kicking drill, after Roberts got up swinging at Hightower.. they both walked away.

Then around 10:15, the rain that was not supposed to start until 3:30, began and not wanting to purchase a plastic raincoat.. I left.

I miss Mrs. B. and her daily TC reports.. she moved on though.

Interesting day at TC yesterday, expected big crowds, but it was the smallest I have seen in quite a while... surprisingly there was a nice breeze and not all that warm.

Tedy Bruschi spotted in the far endzone talking with BB and later with Mr. Kraft..

Ty Law pimping his "Launch" business venture, alonside a tall green kangaroo...

Kind of a mundane practice, focusing on a lot of situational football..

Decker suited up, did not seem all that lost...

Gronk did a small lap, not sure why..

Ernie Adams seemed focus on the kicking units, do not remember him being this involved before..

Hightower and Roberts got tangled up on a kicking drill, after Roberts got up swinging at Hightower.. they both walked away.

Then around 10:15, the rain that was not supposed to start until 3:30, began and not wanting to purchase a plastic raincoat.. I left.

I miss Mrs. B. and her daily TC reports.. she moved on though.
Yup, TC reporting was in her blood.

Gronk jumped on a situational play, QB hard count, mini lap. Funny that Wise jumped a couple of times before Gronk did, BB came over and chatted with him, no laps.

Michel left the SEC Championship Game against Auburn in December with a left knee sprain, but returned to play in the team's final two games

A source described the draining of the knee as more of a clean-up, referring to it as positive because it helped address some pre-existing issues.

Sources: Patriots' Michel out at least 10 days

I said one thing and you claim I said something else. I was talking about the 53 and the eventual cutoff day the entire time and you make it about the right now where roster size is 90+.

And the worst part is you will still try to find a way to turn this around instead of simply accepting that you misread what I said. Whatever man..
First of all you didn’t say the 53. You questioned my reading comprehension because I didn’t know what you thought but didn’t write because that’s who you are. A normal person would have explained why they said one thing but meant something else.
Secondly you said best case is IR.
If the best case is IR, then that would mean the team is wasting their time keeping him in the roster and trotting him out on the practice field. To which I said that you should consider that if the team is doing something that conflicts with what your guess at his health status is then, you know since the actually know what his health status is, you should consider you are wrong about his health status. Rather than accept this blatantly obvious point you chose to bloviate about when he was a waste of space (despite saying his BEST CASE is IR) because it’s you and you won’t admit you are wrong.
That pretty much sums it up.
I’m sure you will respond with some crazy explanation how you meant something else or try to turn this into an attack on me, but I won’t be responding any more to your crying.

Gronk jumped on a situational play, QB hard count, mini lap. Funny that Wise jumped a couple of times before Gronk did, BB came over and chatted with him, no laps.

BB embarrassing and singling out the stars again - I expect another Seth Wishersham expose in a few weeks!

I loved the pick and I love Michel’s game, but I don’t see how you burn a first rounder on any guy with bone on bone knee issues let alone a skill position guy.

It was widely reported that Sony had bone-on-bone before and then even more so after the draft. Did you miss that at that time? Because otherwise I dont understand how u can like the pick but at the same don't want picks used on that specific medical risk.

Lombardi -- most probably fed among others by Pats sources -- said that overall the bone-on-bone will be mostly a "second contract" issue which for RBs is a complicated story anyway.

First of all you didn’t say the 53. You questioned my reading comprehension because I didn’t know what you thought but didn’t write because that’s who you are. A normal person would have explained why they said one thing but meant something else.
Secondly you said best case is IR.
If the best case is IR, then that would mean the team is wasting their time keeping him in the roster and trotting him out on the practice field. To which I said that you should consider that if the team is doing something that conflicts with what your guess at his health status is then, you know since the actually know what his health status is, you should consider you are wrong about his health status. Rather than accept this blatantly obvious point you chose to bloviate about when he was a waste of space (despite saying his BEST CASE is IR) because it’s you and you won’t admit you are wrong.
That pretty much sums it up.
I’m sure you will respond with some crazy explanation how you meant something else or try to turn this into an attack on me, but I won’t be responding any more to your crying.

Again you just showed your lack of reading comprehension.

The entire argument was that if the reports of him having pain while doing conditioning drills are true then it is simply too risky to waste a WR roster spot for the regular season on him and the best case will be IR and worst a cut or retirement. He needs multiple weeks of clean practice without pain to be considered a reliable choice.

It is all there. You can't waste one of your roster spots on that. I seriously don't understand how the fact that I am talking about the 53 the entire time flies over your head. Read the damn thing in its entirety instead of locking into single sentences.

All players like to be
It was widely reported that Sony had bone-on-bone before and then even more so after the draft. Did you miss that at that time? Because otherwise I dont understand how u can like the pick but at the same don't want picks used on that specific medical risk.

Lombardi -- most probably fed among others by Pats sources -- said that overall the bone-on-bone will be mostly a "second contract" issue which for RBs is a complicated story anyway.
That's right up the front offices alley not having to pay market value down the road because teams scared of the injury.
If he stays healthy theh could have a Franchise back for the foreseeable future if injuries derail him then a 1st round pick gone.
However I feel like JC Jackson Berrios and Wynn. Will be a building blocks for the future.

Again you just showed your lack of reading comprehension.

The entire argument was that if the reports of him having pain while doing conditioning drills are true then it is simply too risky to waste a WR roster spot for the regular season on him and the best case will be IR and worst a cut or retirement. He needs multiple weeks of clean practice without pain to be considered a reliable choice.

It is all there. You can't waste one of your roster spots on that. I seriously don't understand how the fact that I am talking about the 53 the entire time flies over your head. Read the damn thing in its entirety instead of locking into single sentences.

When you said BB has to manage a limited number of roster spots it’s implied your talking about the 53. At least that’s how I took it.

Oh no, I read them. I just put my trust in the Pats’ medical staff to have done their due diligence on it. Hopefully they’re right and the kid is the home run I hope he’ll be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News