PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2018 Training Camp Thread - Day 10 (8/7/18)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Y'know, Burkhead actually hadn't missed a lot of time to injury until he got to the Pats - zero games missed in 2015 and 2016.
Emphasis on “until he got to the Pats.” He hasn’t exactly been Iron Man here.

Burkhead did miss half of his senior season at Nebraska due to a MCL sprain.

Anyone worried about cannon or he likely will be there week 1?

Why would anyone be worried about something that is 4 weeks away ? If he is not back on the practice field after the second preseason game the situation changes.

Lots of Felger/Borges/Volin philosophical outlook in this thread: if a player looks good, it doesn't matter because it's training camp and if a player looks bad, he'll suck until he dies. Fun time of year...

Emphasis on “until he got to the Pats.” He hasn’t exactly been Iron Man here.

Maybe depends on how you look at it.

The rib injury that kept him OUT four games, beginning in week-3, is pretty much a "one-off" - doesn't happen to players very often and is highly unlikely to become a chronically repeated thing. Even the fact that he missed four games, rather than (say) two, may be because the Pats had White, Lewis and Gillislee healthy and sufficiently productive and there was no need for them to NOT allow Burkhead to completely heal.

The knee "thing" (never officially defined) that caused him to miss time at the end of the season must've been pretty minor (slight sprain?), since he played a bit in the AFCCG and then did very well in limited snaps in the SB.

Also, he's already acknowledged that he changed his off-season training/conditioning regime in an attempt to avoid future knee "things."

Burkhead did miss half of his senior season at Nebraska due to a MCL sprain.

In 2012.

In Cincy:
2013 - Questionable for two games with a calf strain (was inactive for all but one game, anyway)

2014 - Missed first four games with a knee strain. Played 133 ST snaps and 34 snaps at RB after that - rushed 9 times for 27 yds and a TD; caught 7 of 10 tgts for 49 yds.

2015 - Did not appear on injury report.

2016 - Did not appear on injury report.

Anyone have a link to a resource that could easily reference games played over certain time frames? I feel like 90% of players on this board are labeled as injury prone, and my anecdotal theory is that football is just too hard to be an ironman in. The ones that do stand out because it's incredible, but the vast majority of players are going to miss 2-4 games per year and have at least one season ending injury if they play at least 5 years. But I have no data to actually back this up, so it's just musings at this point.

If I’m AJ McCarron, I’m trying to dump that poor #17 on anyone, in an effort to switch.

sup: you had me confused:confused: for a sec there when did we sign QB AJ McCarron again??:D You mean WR Riley McCarron I know that #17 recently worn by Aaron Dropson is definitely not a keeper. If Riley keeps it he obviously have a very high opinion of himself more power to him. :)

sup: you had me confused:confused: for a sec there when did we sign QB AJ McCarron again??:D You mean WR Riley McCarron I know that #17 recently worn by Aaron Dropson is definitely not a keeper. If Riley keeps it he obviously have a very high opinion of himself more power to him. :)
Whoops...Probably not the first time I’ve said AJ, either. Thanks for the correction. My bad.

Anyone have a link to a resource that could easily reference games played over certain time frames? I feel like 90% of players on this board are labeled as injury prone, and my anecdotal theory is that football is just too hard to be an ironman in. The ones that do stand out because it's incredible, but the vast majority of players are going to miss 2-4 games per year and have at least one season ending injury if they play at least 5 years. But I have no data to actually back this up, so it's just musings at this point.

Not a particularly easy reference, but you can kinda do that with the injury reports on pro-football-reference.

For instance, you can calculate that Burkhead played 48 consecutive NFL games without being on the injury report before getting his ribs bashed in week-2 last season with the Pats.

This is pretty funny. Name on "office door" is disappeared with the push of a button.

That could be upsetting for someone if the data-entry clerk makes a keyboard error.

"Wait1 How come the name above my locker now says 'Jordan Richards'??!!"

For instance, you can calculate that Burkhead played 48 consecutive NFL games without being on the injury report before getting his ribs bashed in week-2 last season with the Pats.

And take away the stupid nicknames uninformed posters give to players they just assume are injury prone? What else do they have left.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back