PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Washington @ NE Rewatch thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see zero chance they stash a first round pick in IR to keep a dime a dozen guyblike Webb. “Red shirting” never works and would probably lead to Michel being a wasted pick. Having your top pick sit out for a year to keep a udfa who probably isn’t NFL caliber would be a monumental mistake.
I'm not at all suggesting Michel be stashed for Webb. What I'm TRYING to say is if Michel needs more time the team might have the luxury of being ultra-conservative with his situation given the position's depth. It all depends on the health status of Michel's knee combined with: how much time he misses, the health of the other RBs and whether a guy like Webb can prove he has genuine value as part of that mix.

2nd step is off, misplaced a bit but I'm very happy he looks a lil bigger but still has that jump off.

That's a good point. He needs to tighten up his footwork and take fewer steps to accomplish the same path to the QB. Overall, though, I'm really happy with how he looks on his way back from injury. Very pleased with the mix of talent at DE this year. We sorely missed depth in the SB.

Last edited:
Did Jordan Richards miss a bunch of tackles in the re-run, like he did in the original version?

Yeah. Unfortunately, those of us that were so critical of the pick when it happened have been absolutely right so far. It's not that he takes terrible angles so much as he simply doesn't have the athleticism to get to the edge. The angle is a good one, but he gets burned because he lacks the necessary speed to pursue East to West. I have to believe that he's kept here because of what he brings to the table on ST but my God is he brutal to watch on defense. If the Pats are planning to spend more time in their version of the Big Nickel, he HAS to be upgraded.

Yeah. Unfortunately, those of us that were so critical of the pick when it happened have been absolutely right so far. It's not that he takes terrible angles so much as he simply doesn't have the athleticism to get to the edge. The angle is a good one, but he gets burned because he lacks the necessary speed to pursue East to West. I have to believe that he's kept here because of what he brings to the table on ST but my God is he brutal to watch on defense. If the Pats are planning to spend more time in their version of the Big Nickel, he HAS to be upgraded.

I seem to recall him missing some tackles on ST last night as well. I'm not learned enough to know how BB evaluates ST value, but that can't help his case.

Biggest need is linebackers who can cover a runningback.
For the love of God someone please trade for or sign 1 or 2 coverage linebackers.

Unfortunately, linebackers that can consistently cover running backs are really hard to find. That's why it's a common mismatch that the Patriots exploit.

He was definitley the “safety reach pick” that really didn’t pan out at all.

Harmon pick was ridiculed at the time, but he has really turned into a good player for us.

Even Tavon Wilson has at least formed a somewhat decent career for himself elsewhere as well.

I seem to recall him missing some tackles on ST last night as well. I'm not learned enough to know how BB evaluates ST value, but that can't help his case.

I've only watched replays of the game, but good. Maybe that'll give Belichick the impetus he needs to finally cut Richards.

He was definitley the “safety reach pick” that really didn’t pan out at all.

Harmon pick was ridiculed at the time, but he has really turned into a good player for us.

Even Tavon Wilson has at least formed a somewhat decent career for himself elsewhere as well.

I was critical of all three. Harmon proved me wrong. Wilson and Richards, to date, have not.

The replay in on NFLN, watching it at work right now.

That first TD we gave up when Van Noy got outran in coverage, then whiffed the tackle was a little troubling. Hopefully just a bad play for him.

The replay in on NFLN, watching it at work right now.

That first TD we gave up when Van Noy got outran in coverage, then whiffed the tackle was a little troubling. Hopefully just a bad play for him.

It looked about how good/bad his coverage has been since coming into the league. Disappointing when you consider the reports about how much he's improved at it in TC. Hopefully it's just a one off, but I'll believe the improvement when I see it.

I've only watched replays of the game, but good. Maybe that'll give Belichick the impetus he needs to finally cut Richards.

Oh I doubt it. I was almost celebrating his injury last night something I refuse to do in any circumstance but it's the only way he doesn't make this roster. Is he in year 3 or 4? He's gonna play out his contract here, BB likes to do that, keep a player who has no business being in a NFL roster just to say I run this show, I decide who play and who doesn't, I'm the Boss.

Watching the replay on NFLN now....

Gilmore looks like he's still on his summer vacation....he needs to start the season STRONG.

It looked about how good/bad his coverage has been since coming into the league. Disappointing when you consider the reports about how much he's improved at it in TC. Hopefully it's just a one off, but I'll believe the improvement when I see it.
Bill obviously didn’t extend him for no reason.
Definitely has flaws to his game, but also has things he does pretty well.

If he can improve his coverage flaws, he will become a very good player here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft