PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Washington @ NE Rewatch thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Merged the post game thread with @luuked re-watch thread...sorry for the confusion everyone......this girl is obviously still in preseason form.

Heh. I dont think this is what we were looking for Ashley but no worries.

I think what would have been best is to take the last two pages of the GDT thread and merge it into the beginning of the PostGameThreads so ongoing conversations didnt get interrupted. Normally this would never be an issue because usually a PGT is made right after the game ends.

And then leave the re-watch thread on its own since it kinda serves as a X&O / no hot takes / "stay on topic" island away from the the threads that get derailed by knee jerk reactions.

At least that is how I see it.

Bolden also plays special teams. I suspect we might see Michel on IR.
There is no indication Michel has a season ending injury. Most reports expect him to be ready for the opener. Why would they IR him?

Did Patterson look good?

Did Patterson look good?

He caught a few balls that were tricky, but also kinda ugly. One of them might not have even been intended for him, so good on him for having the concentration to still come down with it, but he certainly wasn't open on the play.

Depth improved at OL, RB, DL, CB. Concerns: WR, coverage LB, QB2 and expecially S depth:

Great speed from Crossen to get up off the ground and catch the receiver (after making an unwise attempt at a pick). Nice of Travis and Richards to delay the receiver a bit for Crossen.

I would not waste much time with Gilleslie, he looks like Stephen Ridley post ACL.

Give this kid Webb more touches, he looked good last night

There is no indication Michel has a season ending injury. Most reports expect him to be ready for the opener. Why would they IR him?
I'm just speculating. If Webb looks to be the real deal and everyone else is healthy they might have the luxury of "red-shirting" Michel, perhaps for return designation later in the season if not for next year. He's missing a lot of time and even without him they have depth at RB.

While I agree that Lucien looked good last night it is important to keep it in perspective relative to the opponents on the field and playcalls. Hoyer had a lot more time (and space) in the second half than he had in the first half when Hogan and Dorsett were playing their 1-2 series'.

Good chance he might end up being a practice squad candidate or maybe just emergency depth. If he is lucky maybe he can find another team if he has another 2-3 good games like that in August.

Given what he brings to the table on ST, I highly doubt it.

I know, but those other guys also bring a lot to the table. This team is so deep at RB. Webb is going to have to get cut or put on the PS.

I know, but those other guys also bring a lot to the table. This team is so deep at RB. Webb is going to have to get cut or put on the PS.

With the camp he's having and last night's game, he might not make it to the PS.

I'm just speculating. If Webb looks to be the real deal and everyone else is healthy they might have the luxury of "red-shirting" Michel, perhaps for return designation later in the season if not for next year. He's missing a lot of time and even without him they have depth at RB.

I highly doubt they spent a 1st round pick on Michel just to replace him with an UDFA because they have that "luxury." If Michel is injured for the season, then yes, it's nice to have depth, but actually planning on not using him just because another guy did well against 4th stringers seems a bit shortsighted, no offense.

I'm just speculating. If Webb looks to be the real deal and everyone else is healthy they might have the luxury of "red-shirting" Michel, perhaps for return designation later in the season if not for next year. Even without him they have depth at RB.

Webb is going to have to get cut or put on the PS.

Guys do you remember who DJ Foster is ? Just curious..

I highly doubt they spent a 1st round pick on Michel just to replace him with an UDFA because they have that "luxury." If Michel is injured for the season, then yes, it's nice to have depth, but actually planning on not using him just because another guy did well against 4th stringers seems a bit shortsighted, no offense.
You're jumping the gun here -- I said IF Webb proves to be capable and everyone else is healthy, all of which is TBD. And of course, it would apply only IF Michel isn't ready to go from a combination of his knee needing more time and missing valuable camp reps.

I see zero chance they stash a first round pick in IR to keep a dime a dozen guyblike Webb.
“Red shirting” never works and would probably lead to Michel being a wasted pick. Having your top pick sit out for a year to keep a udfa who probably isn’t NFL caliber would be a monumental mistake.

Guys do you remember who DJ Foster is ? Just curious..
Yup. A guy who did basically nothing for us and is a borderline NFL player, trying to make the cardinals?

Rivers got robbed on this call. Good explosion out of his stance. Look at his punch jar the OT, and then he comes inside hard to make the tackle. That shouldn't have been roughing the passer. Encouraging rep, nonetheless.

As a bonus, Bentley got to the sidelines in a hurry to prevent the 1st down yardage on that dump off. He really looked good out there (reminded me a bit of the old 51 in fact).

2nd step is off, misplaced a bit but I'm very happy he looks a lil bigger but still has that jump off.
Still though, shoots out low w high hands, nice job. Looks so good converting S2P.
Can't wait until we see the full arsenal.

You feel the same enthusiasm for our rushers as a whole? I really think we have a vg group. Great mixed bag of guys. Power, length, speed & size etc. Just a really nice mix.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes