PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Washington @ NE Rewatch thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rivers got robbed on this call. Good explosion out of his stance. Look at his punch jar the OT, and then he comes inside hard to make the tackle. That shouldn't have been roughing the passer. Encouraging rep, nonetheless.

As a bonus, Bentley got to the sidelines in a hurry to prevent the 1st down yardage on that dump off. He really looked good out there (reminded me a bit of the old 51 in fact).

The thing that makes this call even worse for me is that Rivers gets halfway pushed by the tackle into whatever trajectory he ends up when he hits the QB. How is he supposed to account for that ?

Depth improved at OL, RB, DL, CB. Concerns: WR, coverage LB, QB2 and expecially S depth:

Safety depth doesn't concern me that much based on this game. McCourty didn't play, and most teams are screwed if they're down to their 4th safety (which I still have hopes will be improved over last year if someone like Pleasant can beat out Richards).

major part of post game thoughts are in the GDT since no PGT was opened after the game
(not really needed in this case imho)

@luuked (masochistically) just opened re-watch thread for in-depth look a day after

and now mod opens PGT cutting PG discussion in half and not helping the re-watch either..

and now the original thread where discussion was alive is closed..

idk

idk

Hey look, it's preseason here too. We're all just trying to figure out the best rhythm for the regular season. Now's the time to experiment and see what works and what doesn't ;)

idk

I assumed that the posts from the GDT thread that were more review in nature would just be merged into here to not break flow of conversation.

Even though it’s still preseason, playing against the Philly 1s next week will be a big test. Has the defensive line improved enough to get penetration against that excellent Eagles offensive line? Can the offensive line keep Philly’s deep defensive line at bay? Can’t wait!

Last edited:
Depth improved at OL, RB, DL, CB. Concerns: WR, coverage LB, QB2 and expecially S depth:

BB went on record saying Jordan Richards is a very intelligent player.:confused: Maybe he should be a position Coach...one thing Richards is really good at is Tackling Air he hasn't whiffed in that area yet.:rolleyes:

Were there any penalties involving the new rules regarding lowering the helmet? Any discussion on the broadcast about it?

I hope Brady gets at least a Quarter next week we need to get a read on WR Riley McCarron to see if he's any good.

I've never heard or seen anybody say that Richards had a good game.

Opposing Teams players and fans Richards is the 12th man for the other Team.;)

Rivers got robbed on this call. Good explosion out of his stance. Look at his punch jar the OT, and then he comes inside hard to make the tackle. That shouldn't have been roughing the passer. Encouraging rep, nonetheless.

As a bonus, Bentley got to the sidelines in a hurry to prevent the 1st down yardage on that dump off. He really looked good out there (reminded me a bit of the old 51 in fact).

I was looking for what Could be called a penalty, i didn't see anything at all that came even close to a penalty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes