PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rewatch Pats @ Steelers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting play design by the Steelers. Their front looks like it retreats by design, opening up space for the shallow crosser on the Steelers' side of the line of scrimmage. So that way they can set legal picks at will.
also..its not a pick if you dont hit/touch the other guy

thats excellent by the PIT WR, get in the way as much as possible without touching defender, but obstructing his path...regardless of how far from LOS he is

I was about to start the GIF machine but then Giardi posted an angle that might work for you:

That blocking from Gronk and Allen is just devastating. This is what great (Y) TEs do. Except Gronk is also elite at all the F stuff.

I LOVE how Allen just picks his guy up and drives hIm onto his back AFTER the RB is already gone by. LOL. That is finishing your block!

Interesting play design by the Steelers. Their front looks like it retreats by design, opening up space for the shallow crosser on the Steelers' side of the line of scrimmage. So that way they can set legal picks at will.
Given the game situation, shouldn't Rowe have been looking to go over the top of the pick, rather than under it?

Thuneys technique isn't the issue imo. He has no ass. I'd be surprised if he weighed over 290 right now. He cant anchor against bigger, powerful IDL.

Cam bulls him backwards & without getting ahold of 97 Thuney can't win with hand fighting. He has get inside. Cam doesn't even extend his arms here, Bulls & shed.

I was quite impressed w Ricky again. Not too many snaps but his presence was felt in every one of them be it as DT or DE.

Some were saying Pats were w/o best run defender this game. Id argue Branch might be Pats #4 DT vs run this yr. He can still be great rotational piece esp. pushing the pocket in passing game on 1st or 2nd down..

I gotta laugh at Mike Loyko. While the game day thread is going, he chirps in with "observations" soon after they appear on the board.

Wonder if he's reading the boards and stealing his insights...

Will be interesting to see how they solve this issue. Thuney had the same problem late last year but bounced back ok for the playoffs.

Thuney has been markedly easier to move this whole season. I haven't looked too closely but a couple friends swear he looks at least 15 lbs lighter than he was last Sept.

I was quite impressed w Ricky again. Not too many snaps but his presence was felt in every one of them be it as DT or DE.

Some were saying Pats were w/o best run defender this game. Id argue Branch might be Pats #4 DT vs run this yr. He can still be great rotational piece esp. pushing the pocket in passing game on 1st or 2nd down..

yep

The "wired" replay on NFL Network tonight was interesting. Lots of people have speculated that some of the Steelers confusion was due to being not ready for the reversal of the TD call. They should have been.

One of the refs is overheard explaining to Tomlin that they are looking at catch vs. no catch, and that if the ball moved, it will be no catch.

Still, Tomlin was not ready with multiple plays called.

Hollister (#47) doing great job at blocking as well.
(Develin doing his pro bowl thing..)

Hollister might stick around. Not the biggest guy but tough, good hands, core STer..

The "wired" replay on NFL Network tonight was interesting. Lots of people have speculated that some of the Steelers confusion was due to being not ready for the reversal of the TD call. They should have been.

One of the refs is overheard explaining to Tomlin that they are looking at catch vs. no catch, and that if the ball moved, it will be no catch.

Still, Tomlin was not ready with multiple plays called.

That clown even stated to the media that the refs supposedly told him that it is a question between TD and down at the 1 yard line. Which makes no sense at all.

Ben was quoted saying that he was on the sideline stretching, catching his breath and friggin PRAYING instead of actually doing something productive during that 3-4min review. Seriously, what a bunch of bozos..

Last edited:
Will be interesting to see how they solve this issue. Thuney had the same problem late last year but bounced back ok for the playoffs.

Its the third “blackout“ game in a row for JT that started in BUF and hopefully ends @BUF.

With Cannon out and Waddle banged up Tommy needs solid LG. Both Karras and Croston are solid (+ bigger) backups and it seems Thuney could use a break but not likely BB&Scar way.

Hopefully the end of insane road odyssey last 6 weeks and full week of preparation/regeneration for a home game give Joe some juice back..

He honestly looks to me like he's playing too high. Maybe some of you with Game Pass can go back to the beginning of the season and compare the pad level, but it looks like that's why he lost leverage on that particular play. Heyward's pad level was noticeably lower to the ground there and he gained leverage on Thuney and stacked and shed immediately. That play was over before the ball was even snapped. Those of you with Game Pass, could you go back to the beginning of the season and watch Thuney in passing situations and compare?

That clown even stated to the media that the refs supposedly told him that it is a question between TD and down at the 1 yard line. Which makes no sense at all.

Ben was quoted saying that he was on the sideline stretching, catching his breath and friggin PREYING instead of actually doing something productive during that 3-4min review. Seriously, what a bunch of bozos..

It's the accuracy that saves this from being a hawt taek. :)

Ben was quoted saying that he was on the sideline stretching, catching his breath and friggin PRAYING instead of actually doing something productive during that 3-4min review. Seriously, what a bunch of bozos..
hollister looks like a TE3 that wont get beat out next year, if Marty does retire, I'd be both expecting and satisfied with him as our TE2, he runs good routes, has good hands, gets open, and blocks pretty well, just needs that trust from Tom to grow and he'll be a bigger weapon

The Coaches film came out today. I’ll try and post a couple of plays. The first is the Cooks out of bounds play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes