PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

DRAFT NFL Draft Rumors

Things are starting to final in place. If the Patriots want fields, they can get him. The Patriots need a franchise QB, the most important position in football. As a Cam Newton supporter he is not the answer but more so as a bridge gap to the future. Pick Fields or Lance and develop them into a franchise QB

Gilmore & 15 for 8, not sure how I feel about that. Maybe Gilmore and 15 for 8 and a 2nd round pick.
Would be a great deal for us but....it is not gonna happen. I mean 2nd round bonus.o

Maybe this year’s 2. A good amount of teams can use a lockdown corner and have the cap room to fit him in. Next year’s 1? Nope. And this year’s 2 would not help us move into the top 10 (7 being the most likely landing spot for a trade up) by itself.
No one in trade range would prefer Gilmore to a pick though, right? None of those teams are going all in in 2021.

It is probably going to take 15 and the 2022 second pick to move up to the 8 spot. The price for the 4th pick is just too much of a price for the Patriots to pay. Me personally, I would pay the cost to acquire the 4th pick because I believe no price is too big to acquire a franchise QB, but the Patriots wouldn’t pay that price.

No one in trade range would prefer Gilmore to a pick though, right? None of those teams are going all in in 2021.
I was thinking Gilmore for a 2 this year, then packaging that pick and 15 to move up. But, like I said, I doubt that gets the deal done by itself.

Things are starting to final in place. If the Patriots want fields, they can get him. The Patriots need a franchise QB, the most important position in football. As a Cam Newton supporter he is not the answer but more so as a bridge gap to the future. Pick Fields or Lance and develop them into a franchise QB
I’m still worried SF is taking Fields. They’d really be blowing the trade up if they don’t.

You wouldn’t include Gilmore if you also have to give up 15 and 46. You would have to think a shut down corner one year removed from being DPOY would have more value than a middling 2nd rounder. Especially, when he’s on a cheap contract and can be franchised in 2022 if an extension can’t be reached.

This is interesting although I still think Bill is bluffing with the 49ers who also might have an interest in Gilmore as he definitely fills a need for them. I still think a Garappolo for Gilmore swap is more likely than a trade to 8, but we’ll all see soon enough, thank God.

I was thinking Gilmore for a 2 this year, then packaging that pick and 15 to move up. But, like I said, I doubt that gets the deal done by itself.
I probably didn’t word it well. I was just extrapolating Gilmore’s trade value by saying a package that included 46 would be more atttactive than a package that had Gilmore instead. So if Gilmore’s value is worth less than 46 we should keep him.

The Patriots wouldn’t trade back in this draft. Robert Kraft chewed Bill for his bad drafting woes, with the press conference. Trading back has hurt the Patriots severely for years. Felger and Mazz should stop with the Jimmy G talk and man crush, the media and fans because it is not happening

Gilmore will be traded. It is not a matter of if but when. He has been Dangled in trade talks repeatedly by the Patriots. He is not untouchable, far from it,

I’m still worried SF is taking Fields. They’d really be blowing the trade up if they don’t.
They are not interested in fields. Mind blogging, unreal. Fields should be the pick but it is not. Thanks 49ers. You can have Mac Jones or Lance

Gilmore will be traded. It is not a matter of if but when. He has been Dangled in trade talks repeatedly by the Patriots. He is not untouchable, far from it,
I don’t agree he has been dangled in trade talks. The media has speculated about him being traded but there are no actual reports of him being offered in a trade. The media is wrong way more than they are right. Plus it would be dumb to trade him.

They are not interested in fields. Mind blogging, unreal. Fields should be the ouch but it is not. Thanks 49ers. You can have Mac Jones or Lance
You don’t know that.

Agreed, we would most likely take a cb in the 2nd round, in bb fashion!
My dark horse for the BB 2nd round DB draft pick special this year is Ifeatu Melifonwu, CB from Syracuse. Born in Boston and grew up in Grafton. His brother Obi played for the Pats in 2018-19. Big physical kid at 6-3, 205 lbs. Projected to go anywhere from 2-4 round. There will probably other CB’s in the 2nd I’d prefer to him (Eric Stokes in particular) but it wouldn’t shock me if his name is called to the Pats.

I don’t agree he has been dangled in trade talks. The media has speculated about him being traded but there are no actual reports of him being offered in a trade. The media is wrong way more than they are right. Plus it would be dumb to trade him.
I believe the reports. The Patriots just don’t value his skill sets, the shutdown corner idea . No one is untouchable to them. Even Brady was not untouchable in their eyes for the right price . I expect Gilmore to be traded this season or the next. I don’t want the Patriots to trade him but I expect them to do that.

I believe the reports. The Patriots just don’t value his skill sets, the shutdown corner idea . No one is untouchable to them. Even Brady was not untouchable in their eyes for the right price . I expect Gilmore to be traded this season or the next. I don’t want the Patriots to trade him but I expect them to do that.
They value a shut downs corner as much or more than any team.
There are not “reports” there is speculation. None if it is coming from foxboro, it is reporters saying they have to trade him because he must want more money.

You don’t know that.
We shall see on Thursday. It is 99 percent Jones or Lance. It looks like the 49ers are not high on fields Which I think is wrong move/pick but for some reason they like Jones or Lance more. It is their choice to make. I am not going to complain when they pick Lance or Jones because it is to our benefit.

Gilmore & 15 for 8, not sure how I feel about that. Maybe Gilmore and 15 for 8 and a 2nd round pick.
lets make it 8th & 3rd round 2021, for 15th, Gilmore and 6th round 2021? :whistle: :D
seems more realistic to me, but I wouldn't trade Gilmore

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back