PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

DRAFT NFL Draft Rumors

I don't think i've seen one "new" poster in the last year be a level-headed Pats fan, it's always a doom-and-gloomer. Think it might be time to bring in a tier system for newbies where they gotta post in the Practice Squad sub-thread for 30 days before getting access to the main thread

Whatever happened to the Practice Squad?

I have mixed feelings.
Just get my boy Palmer please at WR I think he will be. Great player.
I can understand the mixed feelings. I would have prefered other QB's as well..but i think he will help our team more than our current qb's and has the upside to develop into a good starter.
Palmer would excite me as well, underrated WR who faced top CB.

Personally, I wanted Justin Fields. But was reading some War Room stuff of NE. They were NOT expecting to pick ANY QB in 1st round.
The Jets went ahead of Patriots was the pick the Patriots were targeting. Makes sense as the OL is the 2nd biggest need to shore up of NE.

Makes you wonder if they were targeting Kellen Mond in 2nd/3rd on the draft board.

Mo Lewis injures Bledsoe paving the way towards a dynasty.

Jets trade up for AVT who the pats were targeting one pick later, Pats then take Jones to create dynasty#2.

Personally, I wanted Justin Fields. But was reading some War Room stuff of NE. They were NOT expecting to pick ANY QB in 1st round.
The Jets went ahead of Patriots was the pick the Patriots were targeting. Makes sense as the OL is the 2nd biggest need to shore up of NE.

Makes you wonder if they were targeting Kellen Mond in 2nd/3rd on the draft board.
No. Vera-Tucker wasn't who they were targeting. The chatter is that the Pats had a trade in the works to move BACK he hadn't been taken at 14..

Jets trade up for AVT who the pats were targeting one pick later, Pats then take Jones to create dynasty#2.
Pats weren't targeting AVT.. People are misreading the chatter.. They had a deal in place for someone ELSE to take AVT if he was available at 15.

Pats weren't targeting AVT.. People are misreading the chatter.. They had a deal in place for someone ELSE to take AVT if he was available at 15.
The meltdown on this board for some to not only trade down but to do it when Jones was still in play.

I can understand the mixed feelings. I would have preferred other QBs as well..but i think he will help our team more than our current qb's and has the upside to develop into a good starter.
Palmer would excite me as well, underrated WR who faced top CB.

Would you have traded 15, 122, 188 & next year's 2nd-rounder to the Vagiants...And would they have taken that package over what they took from da Bears?

They were already on the phone with Jones by the time the AVT pick was announced.

Would you have traded 15, 122, 188 & next year's 2nd-rounder to the Vagiants...And would they have taken that package over what they took from da Bears?
Good question. It's Not a steep price if you think JF is your QBOTF so I would paid that easily, I think they would have prefered Bears offer

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back