PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

DRAFT NFL Draft Rumors

I hope that's true. I like Fields and Lance for our offense and would be thrilled with either of them..
The team is built exactly the way you would want to build one to turn over to a young qb. Strong defense and special teams, good OL and running game. Double TE weapons. One of those guys would run a game manager system plus use their legs and have as few occasions as any QB to have to put the team in his back, but be playing in a scheme where they will cut him loose against the right opponent.

We only threw the ball 27 times a game last year and in 7 games threw it less than 20 because we had garbage at QB. It’s a good jumping off point in the system to transition to a youngster.
We really have nothing to lose.

Although, it seems impossible to be disappointed on the night of the draft. At least wait until pre-season or week 2 to declare someone drafted a disappointment/bust. I usually wait three years to decide, but it's probably because I have no idea how to evaluate players, while others in this forum seem to know more than the coaching staff.
I mean the most disappointing if we walk out if this without a legit QB

The team is built exactly the way you would want to build one to turn over to a young qb. Strong defense and special teams, good OL and running game. Double TE weapons. One of those guys would run a game manager system plus use their legs and have as few occasions as any QB to have to put the team in his back, but be playing in a scheme where they will cut him loose against the right opponent.

We only threw the ball 27 times a game last year and in 7 games threw it less than 20 because we had garbage at QB. It’s a good jumping off point in the system to transition to a youngster.
We really have nothing to lose.
I agree, with a strong protection running game and several mismatch options, designed qb runs/options I think a young qb barely finds this bc most teams picking top 8 usually don't have the best environment for a young qb..I'd be ok with giving up 22 First rd. pick

One rumor that isn't a lie is that the Falcons will probably go Pitts.

Another thing that isn't a lie is that more than likely, the Patriots will NOT go after Trey Lance. He has all the great tools, but it's very rare that Belichick takes a QB who doesn't have experience playing in the big leagues. At least in my fan opinion, there's only one QB that the Pats are trying to get and fills their boxes and that's Justin Fields. Mac Jones and Trey Lance, while great prospects, seem like a no.
Jimmy G played at eastern Illinois

I agree, with a strong protection running game and several mismatch options, designed qb runs/options I think a young qb barely finds this bc most teams picking top 8 usually don't have the best environment for a young qb..I'd be ok with giving up 22 First rd. pick
The ideal situation for a young qb is to start on a team that is able to deemphasize the QB passing game and still win. The game manager concept. It is even more attainable with a qb who can contribute in the running game on designed runs
Tom Brady averaged less than 27 pass attempts per start in 2001.

give them 22 and use a late round for a Kicker :D
Honestly, if I had already made my money and was fed up with the organization I was working for, I’d do something like this and then file my retirement paperwork immediately after.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Back