PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

DRAFT NFL Draft Rumors

A lot needs to happen for us to get a QB we really like.
A lot needs to fall into play those wins against Arizona and Jets really hurt. If only we played Hoyer the entire season.
Sam’s result no playoff birth but we would have a top 5 pick

They value a shut downs corner as much or more than any team.
There are not “reports” there is speculation. None if it is coming from foxboro, it is reporters saying they have to trade him because he must want more money.
Patriots are all about team and not individuals. No one is bigger than the team. It is just the way they operate. To them it is not personal but business. One thing for sure Gilmore wouldn’t retire a Patriot. He should but wouldn’t.

I agree with you they should keep Gilmore, he is a great player but the Patriots might be looking to move on from him.

Patriots are all about team and not individuals. No one is bigger than the team. It is just the way they operate. To them it is not personal but business. One thing for sure Gilmore wouldn’t retire a Patriot. He should but wouldn’t.

I agree with you they should keep Gilmore, he is a great player but the Patriots might be looking to move on from him.
There isn’t really any reason to trade him.

The Bengals are out of their minds if they pass on Sewell. Sure, they can get a good tackle later on. But Sewell is a generational talent. Chase is not.

Not everyone is sold on Sewell, in comparison to Pitts. I just don’t want Pitts to end up in South Beach.

There isn’t really any reason to trade him.
There is a reason if you don't want to give up 2 years worth of draft picks and you want to save a bunch of money.

Not everyone is sold on Sewell, in comparison to Pitts. I just don’t want Pitts to end up in South Beach.
Pitts is going to ATL, IMO. Who in God’s name isn’t sold on Sewell? That way, I can automatically discount their opinions in the future.

There is a reason if you don't want to give up 2 years worth of draft picks and you want to save a bunch of money.
He is cheap for his value.
He isnt cutting the draft picks you need to trade up by much. None of the trade up targets would rather have Gilmore than a 2nd or maybe even a 3rd.

Who in God’s name isn’t sold on Sewell? That way, I can automatically discount their opinions in
the future.

A3256955-B46B-44D0-A11E-7DB7F1845378.jpegC0F3BE87-7818-42FD-AACB-E5A126CE73A2.jpeg
“He’s a good player, not a great player,” one scout said. “The guy’s young. He didn’t play this year. He has incredible body control and balance. Athletically, he can do anything. He’s got power. He’s 330. He needs lower pad level and technique work. He’s got enough to be a legit starter.”

Opted out of the 2020 season. Hailing from Malaeimi, American Samoa, he started seven games as a true freshman in 2018 before missing six games due to an ankle injury that required surgery. Then he started 13 of 14 games in 2019. Will turn 21 in October.

“Honestly, as big as he is, he’s still not fully developed,” said a second scout. “I mean that in a good way. He still has room to get bigger and stronger. When you’re picking that high, that’s kind of what you want.”

Said a third scout: “A bit overrated. He is a naturally thick, big-framed tackle. His workout was actually better than he played. I didn’t think he was super explosive. He covered people up with his size, and he would gouge somebody just because he was bigger than them. And name one pass rusher he actually played against in the Pac-12 who’s on a draft board?”

Arm length (33¼ inches) is short for a prospect of his stature. His hands are a large 10⅜ inches. Managed 30 reps on the bench press, but his vertical jump was a modest 28 inches.

“Every time I circle back and watch him, I just don’t see it,” a fourth scout said. “He’s not that gifted with his feet. He doesn’t really play that physical or strong. He can get in the way, but he’s not a really good finisher, and his balance isn’t that great. His technique is off. There’s a lot of work that needs to be done.”

Why aren’t we getting Lawrence and three other first rounders for Gilmore ?

I have loved watching Gilmore and he’s been worth every penny. But, it’d be stunning if 15 + Gilmore nets you 8. Stunning.

The Bengals are out of their minds if they pass on Sewell. Sure, they can get a good tackle later on. But Sewell is a generational talent. Chase is not.

Sewell is dropping. He's a good LT but some analysts were hyping him as Jonathan Ogden

He isnt cutting the draft picks you need to trade up by much. None of the trade up targets would rather have Gilmore than a 2nd or maybe even a 3rd.
You said there wasn't a reason to trade him. You are wrong. Depending on the offer, it may not be worth trading him, but that is another statement.

You also have no idea what another team might offer for him, so once again, this isn't a fact it is an uneducated guess.

Process of elimination.
49ers - Mac Jones or Trey Lance
Falcons- Matt Ryan so they don’t need a QB
Bengals- Joe Burrow

Dolphins- Tua which takes them out of needing to take a QB

Lions Goff so that leaves the only teams that might interested in getting fields down to the panthers, Patriots or Denver. It makes sense why the Patriots are talking to the panthers about acquiring their pick

OK, let us say that we are at 8, having given up our starting CB.

1-3 three QB's

Quarterbacks could be picked at any of the next 4 picks. If 2 of the 4 teams accept a deal to move down, then there is no quarterback at 8.
DEN, CHI and WASH are all rumored to be interested in moving up.
=========
I suspect that CAR is good partner when they are on the clock.

Things are starting to final in place. If the Patriots want fields, they can get him. The Patriots need a franchise QB, the most important position in football. As a Cam Newton supporter he is not the answer but more so as a bridge gap to the future. Pick Fields or Lance and develop them into a franchise QB??
MIA trades with DEN
CHI or WASH trades with DET
Then, how exactly do we get Fields?

Why aren’t we getting Lawrence and three other first rounders for Gilmore ?

I have loved watching Gilmore and he’s been worth every penny. But, it’d be stunning if 15 + Gilmore nets you 8. Stunning.
Agreed, I was thinking it will take 15 and next year's number 1. I've said this before, but if at all possible, I'd rather keep Gilmore...our defense is so much better with him and JC together in the secondary.

You said there wasn't a reason to trade him. You are wrong. Depending on the offer, it may not be worth trading him, but that is another statement.
Given his ability, the importance of his skill set to what we want to do in defense, his salary and what you could reasonably expect to get for a player his age coming off a serious injury with one year left on his contract there is no rrason to trade him.
conclusion: there is no reason to read him

Sewell is dropping. He's a good LT but some analysts were hyping him as Jonathan Ogden
Where have you heard that Sewell is dropping, just curious? From what I have read, Cincy is seriously considering him at 5 along with Chase and Sewell's floor would be 8 at Carolina who needs a LT.....

You also have no idea what another team might offer for him, so once again, this isn't a fact it is an uneducated guess.
It is a very educated guess. There is an entire history of nfl trades that tell us what a players likely value is.
At what point have I ever said my opinion is a fact?
I mean it’s pretty obvious that it’s accurate, but nothing that hasn’t happened yet can ever be considered a fact.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back