PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NE @ TN rewatch thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hard to tell who it was from the above shot, but it looked like Hightower's responsibility lining up at the 5. Not sure what he was looking at since that was a walk-in TD had Mariota seen Lewis. Hightower should have trailed him.

This was all Brady. Basically Curry dropping a 3 from 35 but it felt like a lay-up. Just dropped it in there perfectly.

Impeccable footwork and mechanics there. Should put to bed any questions about arm strength. His mechanics were off on some of throws he made in the second half but that may have just been about pressure. Suffice it to say I'd be surprised if those issues continue with Mason back.

Look at the amount of bodies around White on that one. Three guys. They clearly game planned to take him out of the game first. It's no wonder we see reports of Hogan and Dorsett (when he was in) being open in that game on top of Edelman hauling in over 100 receiving yards. They concentrated mostly on White and Gordon and were able to pressure Brady before he could really get to anyone else.

Impeccable footwork and mechanics there. Should put to bed any questions about arm strength. His mechanics were off on some of throws he made in the second half but that may have just been about pressure. Suffice it to say I'd be surprised if those issues continue with Mason back.
Yeah it's definitely not physical & kinda felt like it was a collective sh itshow but he made several poor plays like everyone else.

I really think he trust Gordon or wants to bc he knows, like everyone else, Gordon has to step up in order for this offense to really peak & hit it's stride

Yeah it's definitely not physical & kinda felt like it was a collective sh itshow but he made several poor plays like everyone else.

I really think he trust Gordon or wants to bc he knows, like everyone else, Gordon has to step up in order for this offense to really peak & hit it's stride

Maybe. If that's the case, I hope it pays dividends in the postseason with Gordon fully integrated.

Look at the amount of bodies around White on that one. Three guys. They clearly game planned to take him out of the game first. It's no wonder we see reports of Hogan and Dorsett (when he was in) being open in that game on top of Edelman hauling in over 100 receiving yards. They concentrated mostly on White and Gordon and were able to pressure Brady before he could really get to anyone else.

I may not be an Offensive Coordinator getting paid $4m a year. But it seems to me that if the Titans are scheming to stop White, Gordon, Edelman, and leaving Hogan and Dorsett open. That the smart thing to do would be to call some plays with Hogan and Dorsett as the first read.

*SO* Tennesse dedicated a lot of resources to 1) White & 2) Gordon.

I made the point during the game day thread that Hogan and Dorsett MUST contribute.

Has anyone with film technology experience demonstrated clearly missed opportunities that
should have been passed along to these two? Are we witnessing bad schemes or oversights on Brady's part?

I may not be an Offensive Coordinator getting paid $4m a year. But it seems to me that if the Titans are scheming to stop White, Gordon, Edelman, and leaving Hogan and Dorsett open. That the smart thing to do would be to call some plays with Hogan and Dorsett as the first read.

I highly doubt there are many plays where those two are the first read short of injury to the rest of the corps. You call the plays you have and rely on the guys up front to do their job and give the QB enough time to survey the field.

*SO* Tennesse dedicated a lot of resources to 1) White & 2) Gordon.

I made the point during the game day thread that Hogan and Dorsett MUST contribute.

Has anyone with film technology experience demonstrated clearly missed opportunities that
should have been passed along to these two? Are we witnessing bad schemes or oversights on Brady's part?

I think it's more than that. Just a complete catastrophe all the way around. Injuries contributed to poor pass protection which contributed to White having to chip rushers more and also contributed to not many holes being open on the ground. The schemes are fine but when you're missing 3 starters up front for most of the game plus your blocking TE, you're going to have a ton of problems against a defense like Tennessee's.

I highly doubt there are many plays where those two are the first read short of injury to the rest of the corps. You call the plays you have and rely on the guys up front to do their job and give the QB enough time to survey the field.

With Dorsett there really are only the WR screens and those outside comeback routes. Those are the only two where he often is targeted specifically.

That being said Hogan seems to just end up getting the shaft coincidentally. I think they should be able to course correct a bit with his usage (and give him some targets) because he not only has proven to understand what to do but he is still getting open but just at the wrong times when Brady is looking somewhere else.

With Dorsett there really are only the WR screens and those outside comeback routes. Those are the only two where he often is targeted specifically.

That being said Hogan seems to just end up getting the shaft coincidentally. I think they should be able to course correct a bit with his usage (and give him some targets) because he not only has proven to understand what to do but he is still getting open but just at the wrong times when Brady is looking somewhere else.

Early in the season Hogan & Dorsett were WR #1 & WR #2 starters by default and would draw the opponent's #1 & #2 CB's. When Gordon was obtained and Edelman returned, Dorsett and / or Hogan should be able to (occasionally) take advantage of match ups against lesser competition in the form of an opponent's #3 or #4 CB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes