PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NE @ TN rewatch thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots-Titans Film Review: What Caused Tom Brady’s Struggles In Loss?

Overall, these were the causes for Brady’s 20 incompletions:

— Seven throwaways
— Four pass breakups
— Two underthrows
— Overthrow
—Spike
— Drop
— Ball passed through Gordon’s arms
— Ball bounced off Julian Edelman’s helmet
— Gordon slipped on route
— Behind White, possible miscommunication

Patriots-Titans Film Review: What Caused Tom Brady’s Struggles In Loss?

Overall, these were the causes for Brady’s 20 incompletions:

— Seven throwaways
— Four pass breakups
— Two underthrows
— Overthrow
—Spike
— Drop
— Ball passed through Gordon’s arms
— Ball bounced off Julian Edelman’s helmet
— Gordon slipped on route
— Behind White, possible miscommunication
The 2 incompletions involving Gordon were not Brady's fault; Gordon should've had both of them.

Last edited:
Back to the offensive lineman for a minute: there is a chart that was tweeted listing each lineman by name and position and the amount of sacks or hits that came through their gaps. Can someone find that?

He seems to be forcing the ball to Gordon so much. It feels like Gronk a few years back:

I mean you have White in the flat with the route concept on his side creating a natural pick which Brady should have been able to determine pre-snap. This exactly is what makes Brady so special. Reading the coverage, going through the options in his mind based on the called play and then anticipating the best player to target.

And still he goes for the 50/50 ball to Gordon. And it is not like it would have been some big homerun. Hell, White would have most probably gotten a bigger gain.

I don't get whats up with that.

Not Brady's best game. But, also a very poor coaching strategy for this one.

The combination is rare. And usually fatal.

In the play where Edelman passed to Brady and Brady didn't make a first down, did Brady stumble because of the turf or did his legs give out? I didn't have it on DVR. It appeared to me he tripped on the turf. I don't like him catching the ball, he is aging and could get injured.
Looked like he saw a defender from the corner of his eye and got nervous

In the play where Edelman passed to Brady and Brady didn't make a first down, did Brady stumble because of the turf or did his legs give out? I didn't have it on DVR. It appeared to me he tripped on the turf. I don't like him catching the ball, he is aging and could get injured.

He tripped himself up. Nothing more, nothing less.

Not sure how Reiss can call the pass pro, with the amount of missing starters they had on Sunday, a "strength." Regardless, Pittsburgh used to try this with Brady all the time and got torched for it.

Reminds me of the time Cleveland did the same thing a few years ago and beat us that way- they refused to commit prior to the snap. All of them were standing up and in motion.

Who would you replace him with? No one.

Passing to Brady is a dumb gimmick that shouldn't be repeated.

Oddly enough, I think I remember hearing more about Brady having nagging injuries a lot more last year than this year.

Oddly enough, I think I remember hearing more about Brady having nagging injuries a lot more last year than this year.

Reiss mentioned that Brady didn't miss a single practice yet. Which was different last year.

If nothing else, this shows how much respect Patterson gets on jet sweeps. Almost the entire LB corps goes with him, leaving Woodyard (who is in man with White as his assignment) in coverage. That's one play where I wouldn't have minded a cut back attempt by White. Woodyard would have been out of the way and there was a chance for some extra yardage. But given the situation, I can see why he just took what he could get.

Had these ready yest but worked & didn't get home til late.

• ThankU!
Reactions: PP2
This shouldn't go understated. Tennessee might know NE as well as anyone does. Top to bottom they're filled w Ex-Pats. They were ready & like it or not NE is almost everyone's SB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back