PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jerry Jones to Goodell: Kraft is a P$$$Y Compared to what I will do to you

I think Tagliabue would have handled things very differently, thus the Commish does have influence on how things get handled and the way the NFL works with the media.

Goodell wants to be part of the story and his ego gets in the way. Add to that he has the charisma of a tape worm. If there is a way to do things and a way not to do things, Goodell with go about it the wrong way 95% of the time.

Situations don't get better when he is involved, they tend to get worse (at least the public parts). His only attribute (for the owners) is his willingness to sell any story they want.

Far be it from me to defend Goodell because I hope he rots in hell. But, truth is, the landscape is much different now than during Tagliabue's tenure.

Here's the thing, though......Jerry wants to be commish......I'm thinking that concept is as bad or worse than Goodell.....the whole devil you know concept

At least Goodell as the skills to do the job, even If I don't like the job he has always done.....Jerry Jones is a rich prick who road the coattails of Jimmy Johnson......not sure that qualifies him to be commish
The earliest Jerry Jones could be commissioner would be 2019, where he’d be 77 years old. Think you may need to try a different theory.

IMO this makes Kraft's handling of BSgate look a little better. I never really new what I wanted him to do. Backing down seemed about as bad as it gets but I certainly didn't want to see him calling other owners ****ies. Who knows what's next for Jerry but I'm sure it will again make Kraft look better.

IMO this makes Kraft's handling of BSgate look a little better.

facepalm-o.gif

I would love to see the expression on Krafts face when he heard about this.

****y Bob Kraft..... that has a nice ring to it.

I would love to see the expression on Krafts face when he heard about this.

****y Bob Kraft..... that has a nice ring to it.

Maybe the two can duke it out. I'd imagine it would look something like this...

Not a terrible joke at all, but whoever released that (I'm assuming the same thing as you are) knows that the constantly offended culture will eat this up.

To me it's not even that. To me, it's that they have much, much more like this - which will offend not only the 'constantly offended culture', but also will offend those who aren't so easily offended.

Jones didn't know that Goodell was changing his mind. And he didn't know that Goodell was facing pressure, both from a handful of league executives who felt Elliott should be suspended and from owners wanting Jones to be humbled. Kraft had called Goodell in the summer and, referring to the Elliott case, told the commissioner, "My guy got four games for footballs and there's still nothing on this?"

This quote stuck out to me. "The 32" really is a bunch of petty, high school-esque, endlessly feuding drama queens. They all suck. I wish there was a way that everyone involved could lose here, which I guess you could argue is exactly what's happening.

Because Jones didn't have Kraft's back in Spygate, Kraft didn't have Jones' back in the uncapped year penalty, because of which Jones wanted to see Kraft punished harshly for Deflategate, because of which Kraft wanted to see the book thrown at Elliott. They're a pair of vain buffoons who both insist on an escalating policy of backing ridiculous, unreasonable, unfounded punishments purely for ego-driven reasons. If these two clowns are the most savvy and influential of the NFL owners, then no wonder the league ****s everything up.

Last edited:
Where did you read Goodell doesnt want the job anymore?

Just reading between the lines. He's frustrated dealing with the owners. Looks like I can't copy/paste from this article, but there is a section where it mentions how it's been assumed that Goodell wants a long term extension, but he's furious over being asked to take a pay cut and all the scrutiny he's been under, and he would be willing to walk away. Another section says that he told other owners that he's here for them through the union negotiations but after that the owners should start having a conversation.

It's going to be great when Jerry comes out of this not only having lost but probably embroiled in a bunch of PR disasters from the NFL airing out all his dirty laundry that they have built up for just this sort of occasion.

To me it's not even that. To me, it's that they have much, much more like this - which will offend not only the 'constantly offended culture', but also will offend those who aren't so easily offended.
Ya I totally see it as a warning shot of sorts.

Just reading between the lines. He's frustrated dealing with the owners. Looks like I can't copy/paste from this article, but there is a section where it mentions how it's been assumed that Goodell wants a long term extension, but he's furious over being asked to take a pay cut and all the scrutiny he's been under, and he would be willing to walk away. Another section says that he told other owners that he's here for them through the union negotiations but after that the owners should start having a conversation.
I don't know about you but it would take a lot of 'scrutiny' to get me to walk away from my phoney baloney $30 million/year minimum job...

It's going to be great when Jerry comes out of this not only having lost but probably embroiled in a bunch of PR disasters from the NFL airing out all his dirty laundry that they have built up for just this sort of occasion.
And with Joe Lockhart in charge of the NFL's PR organization, you can bet they're ready to do just that...it was Lockhart's job to smear women who came after Bill Clinton, remember.

Polian is the only name in play at this point...
This is what scares me... Goodell is a douchebag who does whatever the other owners want. Polian doesn't even try to hide his hatred of the Patriots.... The devil you know.....

I don't know about you but it would take a lot of 'scrutiny' to get me to walk away from my phoney baloney $30 million/year minimum job...

I might have been too strong in my summary, so I'm willing to reconsider. It definitely sounds to me like he's frustrated in the job and the issues dealing with it, but like you I would find it highly unlikely that he would actually be willing to step away from it. Just more of a case of him venting about his job, and us playing the world's tiniest violin for him.

In fact, I think he should be acting more like this:

Polian is the only name in play at this point...

I have a very hard time believing that report though. Jerry wants a business visionary who can be his personal lackey. When has Polian shown any business sense? Certainly he has NFL knowledge, but is he really going to be the guy negotiating with the networks for their next TV contract? The guy pushing the game to larger markets and pushing for more taxpayer funded stadiums?

Everyone knows that Goodell needs to get fired rather than getting an extension, just as they know that Goodell is just one of the problems with the league. But, because of schoolgirl politics and overwhelming greed, they'll pay Goodell the money and keep him around. Then, when the league's ratings/approval numbers continue to tank (and probably not until after the next CBA asskicking of the NFLPA), Goodell will get his buyout and the owners will try blaming every single thing on Rodger as they walk him out the door.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back