PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jerry Jones to Goodell: Kraft is a P$$$Y Compared to what I will do to you

Here's the thing, though......Jerry wants to be commish......I'm thinking that concept is as bad or worse than Goodell.....the whole devil you know concept

At least Goodell as the skills to do the job, even If I don't like the job he has always done.....Jerry Jones is a rich prick who road the coattails of Jimmy Johnson......not sure that qualifies him to be commish

Yeah, not so sure about Roger's "skills"...:confused:

I don’t think he wants to be the king as much as he wants to be the kingmaker. He would still effectively be in charge, but wouldn’t have to take the flak that the commissioner does. Goodell has a legitimate claim as the worst commissioner in the history of American sports. If the rumors of Jones preferring Polian for the job are true, we’d honestly be better off with Goodell.
Yep. Jerry wants to pull the strings.

if they could both die in fires, that'd be okay.

Unfortunately, I think his choice of words will backfire. If anything comes out of it, the other owners are likely going to solidify their support of Goodell after reading something like this.

lol.....Jerruh taking it like a man

Uh, Jones was one of those behind Deflategate. It was the other owners. Goodell is just a red herring here. He made $40m a year--he was going to do whatever the hell they wanted. Taking pleasure in Jones' targeting Goodell is ironic and perverse.

Now, if you want to talk about a way for both Jones and Goodell to be damaged (i.e. Goodell fired, Jones becomes the new Al Davis) then I am all for it.

Here's the thing, though......Jerry wants to be commish......I'm thinking that concept is as bad or worse than Goodell.....the whole devil you know concept
I don't think Jerry wants to be Commissioner himself, but he sure as heck wants one of his personal puppets playing the role.

I know it won't happen, but i hope Kraft makes a statement calling for Goodell to be dismissed
Won’t happen. If they did, they’d be able to rally more to their cause. But Jones thinks Kraft slighted him in 2010 which caused Jones to slight Kraft in 2015 which is likely causing Kraft to slight Jones in 2017. So, with that said, Goodell gets his extension and the. NFL we all grew up with continues its slow swirl right down the ol’ ****ter.

That doesn't matter now.

Jerry is still talking a big game but unlike Kraft, he bites and doesn't just bark.
I have to respectfully disagree - at least up to this point. While there may be a bite coming, so far Jones has done nothing but bark. This is not the first time he has threatened suing the league but we still haven't seen any filings.

My concern is that Jones's outsized ego is actually making Goodell a more sympathetic figure in ownership circles. Goodell may gain support from owners looking to shut Jerry up.

I have to respectfully disagree - at least up to this point. While there may be a bite coming, so far Jones has done nothing but bark. This is not the first time he has threatened suing the league but we still haven't seen any filings.

My concern is that Jones's outsized ego is actually making Goodell a more sympathetic figure in ownership circles. Goodell may gain support from owners looking to shut Jerry up.
Yep. That’s why I said anything that Jones does after this needs to be subterranean. Goodell’s office botches something at least six times a day. If Jones is serious about rallying the owners he needs to his side, he needs to bide his time and wait until Goodell creates another massive screw-up for the league and pounce.

I know it won't happen, but i hope Kraft makes a statement calling for Goodell to be dismissed

Dude, you don't get it.

But Kraft also did his own lobbying. According to the ESPN the Magazine story, Kraft called Goodell about the Elliott incident, apparently urging the commissioner to make a decision after dragging out the process.

“My guy got four games for footballs,” Kraft reportedly said to Goodell, “and there’s still nothing on this?”

NFL Rumors: Jerry Jones Took Shot At Robert Kraft While Waging War On Roger Goodell

Kraft is 100% complicit. He's a huge part of the problem.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Back