PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Giants, Colts, Lions seek permission to Interview McDaniels and/or Patricia

Status
Not open for further replies.
They shouldn't allow other teams to interview coaches that in the playoffs until after the super bowl. The last time someone interviewed McD he called a **** game in SB42

McDaniels interviewed with the Rams, Jaguars, and 49ers during last year's bye week. Game plans looked reasonable against the Texans, Steelers and Falcons. I wouldn't be concerned at this point.

On the one hand, I don't want McDaniels to go.

On the other hand, I'm fascinated by the question of whether or not McDaniels can change Luck's game enough (and get him enough OL protection and skill position weaponry) to get him to become the player we (mostly) all thought he could become.
It is the perfect opportunity for both because aside from Brady, Luck seems like the perfect an for what josh wants to do and Luck needs a great offensive mind to elevate his game.

I think we are talking about different things.
No doubt the success of a franchise is measured by super bowl championships.
But when determining if it’s a good it bad spot for a coach, and the quality of ownership taking into account all of the success cane from 2 excellent coaches should be considered. Parcells and coughlin would have succeeded anywhere and may have succeeded despite a challenged ownership.

For what ever reason I was always under the impression that the Giants were a stable franchise with good ownership. I dont know why, I just was

For what ever reason I was always under the impression that the Giants were a stable franchise with good ownership. I dont know why, I just was
They were but fans forget they sucked for 25 years in the 60s and 70s.

Well Mara was clueless. He lucked into George Young and Tuna

Their ownership is stable, being in the same family forever but I wouldn’t call it good.

I think your impresssion may be influenced by Mara being a powerful owner among the owners.

It's looking likely that we will lose patricia. I hope we can somehow keep mcdaniels but that will be tough as well.

It is the perfect opportunity for both because aside from Brady, Luck seems like the perfect an for what josh wants to do and Luck needs a great offensive mind to elevate his game.
That presumes Luck isn't broken, physically or mentally.

Their ownership is stable, being in the same family forever but I wouldn’t call it good.

I think your impresssion may be influenced by Mara being a powerful owner among the owners.
And the 2 superbowls.. Granted they won and deserved to win, but outside of those years they have been wildly inconsistent and pretty mediocre IMO.

And the 2 superbowls.. Granted they won and deserved to win, but outside of those years they have been wildly inconsistent and pretty mediocre IMO.
Dont get me wrong I’ll take 2 SBs and whatever else over no Sb regardless of other success any day.
I’m just saying from the point of view of a coach candidate assessing the organization in this case it seems more like great coaching had to overcome a weak organization.

Why wouldn’t the lions bet 100 mill in vrabel and then hire him?
If he is the wrong choice you make 700 mill and hire someone else in a year or 2. Haven’t won in forever why not make some money at it?

Rap says both likely to go.

Heartbreaking to see Matty P go. Hope at least Caserio, Flores stay. And Dante for another year.

This is turning into a huge offseason for BB . he could be left w/o QB of the future, developmental QB, two of the best long-time coordinators, right hand GM.. all in the same year.

Then again . BB knows literally everybody in football and they all love to do business with him . so its gonna be exciting as hell..

Rap says both likely to go.

Heartbreaking to see Matty P go. Hope at least Caserio, Flores stay. And Dante for another year.

This is turning into a huge offseason for BB . he could be left w/o QB of the future, developmental QB, two of the best long-time coordinators, right hand GM.. all in the same year.

Then again . BB knows literally everybody in football and they all love to do business with him . so its gonna be exciting as hell..
Brady appears to be the qb of the future.

I think Flores is ready, and the defensive staff has been together quite a while. Same in offense with O’Shea seemingly ready to take charge and long time assistants in Dante and fears. The patriots are a very collaborative coaching staff so while the coordinators are very good it’s not like the assistants are drones. I think this is why B.B. promotes from within and promotes to extra responsibilities in steps before being named coordinator.
JM and MP duties have grown and the de facto coordinators will only take a portion of them and the rest of the staff will do more.

Right thing to do for Josh. Dont accept any crap position and wait for the right one where ownership and the GM are in sync with his vision. QB obviously a big plus.

Teams will keep crawling to him as long as Brady is here every offseason anyway.

Right thing to do for Josh. Dont accept any crap position and wait for the right one where ownership and the GM are in sync with his vision. QB obviously a big plus.

Teams will keep crawling to him as long as Brady is here every offseason anyway.

The recent behavior of Mara & Co., combined with the Eli situation, would keep me far, far away from the Giants, if I were McDaniels. Unless I thought Trubisky was legit, and I was able to get a whole bunch of reassurances (willingness to spend on players, input into personnel, etc...) from Bears ownership and the GM, I would be thinking that it was the Colts or bust.

Status
Not open for further replies.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes