PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Speculation Per Report: Patricia 'leading candidate' for Lions job if Caldwell is fired

Status
Not open for further replies.

IcyPatriot

Wall of Fame
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Report: Patricia 'leading candidate' for Lions job if Caldwell is fired

With Patriots offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels and defensive coordinator Matt Patricia sure to be linked to NFL coaching openings this offseason, comes a report from the NFL Network's Michael Silver that Patricia is a front-runner for the Detroit Lions job should they make a coaching change.
Bob Quinn, the Lions GM, is familiar with Patricia from his tenure as Patriots director of pro scouting. The Lions (8-7) are likely to part ways with Caldwell, whose team will miss the playoffs this season. He's 35-28 and reached the playoffs twice since taking over in Detroit in 2014.

Would hate to lose Patricia but he is way overdue to get a shot as a head coach - he more than deserves it.

I’d be nervous about hiring him, hard to say how much credit he deserves. Bill has a major hand in the defense. I’d be a lot more confident in McDaniels, he’s failed once already and hopefully learned from his mistakes. Been on a few teams and been with Bill a long time.

Not to worried about losing Patricia he will be a good head coach but Im not afraid of him being replaced by a capable replacement Mcdaniels would be the bigger loss.

Patricia is excellent. Innovative, adjusts, smart, tough. Will be a great head coach.

Some of you forget how bad it was under the Dean Pees defense. Corners 15 yards off scrimmage, couldn't ever stop a tight end on 3rd down....

Patricia is excellent. Innovative, adjusts, smart, tough. Will be a great head coach.

Some of you forget how bad it was under the Dean Pees defense. Corners 15 yards off scrimmage, couldn't ever stop a tight end on 3rd down....
The Ravens defense is top notch so who was calling that terrible defense to be played hopefully not BB

Afraid of the Colts, Giants or Bengals going after Mcdaniels
Green Bay is nuts if they don’t fire McCarthy and hire McDaniels. Rodgers running a real NFL offense is a scary thought.

Bengals will def not hire him, they are too cheap to pay up for him. They’ll promote one of their own or get Pagano on the cheap end.

So if Patricia leaves who would be our next DC? Do we stay in house or go after someone else?

Green Bay is nuts if they don’t fire McCarthy and hire McDaniels. Rodgers running a real NFL offense is a scary thought.

Bengals will def not hire him, they are too cheap to pay up for him. They’ll promote one of their own or get Pagano on the cheap end.

Not sure if it matters but Green Bay runs a different offensive scheme than the Pats do. I wonder if McDaniels would be better suited to go to a team with a rookie QB rather than an established prima donna cheese chucker.

**** this report, this is Silvers OPINION...there is no source in the story, not quotes from anyone... It's basically Silver being a typical media hack, putting 2 and 2 together - something anyone w ****ing brain and a passing knowledge of the past 15 years of Pats coaching and front office personnel could have done. Yet Silver is passing it off as some breaking story...

Nothing but a big **** YOU to this wortheless piece of **** Michael Silver... Remember his "growing disconnect" story r.e. Brady and Pats 6 or 7 years ago? F U Silver u fake news hack

Not sure if it matters but Green Bay runs a different offensive scheme than the Pats do. I wonder if McDaniels would be better suited to go to a team with a rookie QB rather than an established prima donna cheese chucker.
That's my point, their scheme is absolutely horrendous. It needs to be thrown out completely. It'd be a transition, but if Rodgers would be willing to put in the work, it'd be huge for them.

If Patricia leaves, who’s next in line? Maybe If Bob is gone from Texans, would Vrabel be a good candidate?

If we're gonna lose him I'd be happy to see him go to a franchise that would be easy to root for whenever possible, and Detroit is right up there for me on that list.

Surprised we don't have one for Josh too. Both will be sought over hard.

Losing Matt would be awful. He'll never get the credit he deserves here. Extremely smart guy that made A LOT work out of less is more.

Both Matt & Josh deserve a ton of credit for "making it work" in unique circumstances. (In general terms)Whether its Moss/Welker, Gronk/Hern etc Josh puts it together. No dominant pass rusher, injuries, Matt makes it work.

Flores is a guy that deserves a shot at D.C. imho if Matt does indeed leave. Big fan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes