PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Speculation Per Report: Patricia 'leading candidate' for Lions job if Caldwell is fired

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mcdaniels and Patricia could be in play here.
However I think It will be a offensive coach because of trubuisky so if not McDaniels.
You'd have to look at Shurmur and the Eagles quarterbacks coach as well as offensive coordinator. Or you could look at KCS offensive coordinator.

Rodgers has flaws no doubt and I agree with that analysis, but that playbook is real bad. You can see it with Hundley especially. They have like 5 plays max. Giants were running basically the same offense with Macadoo. No creativity.
Agree. Green Bay, NYG & Dallas offenses are extremely predictable.

However I think It will be a offensive coach because of trubuisky so if not McDaniels.
You'd have to look at Shurmur and the Eagles quarterbacks coach as well as offensive coordinator. Or you could look at KCS offensive coordinator.

Swartz might be heading to NY & will prob take Deflipo with him.

Also one has to think Tennessee wants Josh to work with Marcus. Idk that's the one, to me, that sticks out.

That offense is a mess but has tremendous amount of young talent at skill positions & a really nice Oline.

Last edited:
We don't need Patricia when we can hire this guy:

MICHAEL J. DRISCOLL, SCD - MIT
Michael-J.-Driscoll.jpg

Dr. Michael J. Driscoll is a professor emeritus of nuclear science and engineering education at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT). His work as an educator is notable: he is the recipient of the Ruth and Joel Spira Award for Distinguished Teaching; the The Irwin Sizer Award "For the Most Significant Improvement to MIT Education;” and the American Society for Engineering Education’s Outstanding Teacher Awards. Dr. Driscoll has penned a myriad of academic articles and holds two patents. He also headed a project that won over $1.7M in Department of Energy Nuclear Energy university program grants to help develop the next generation of nuclear engineers. His top research foci include nuclear waste disposal and advanced reactor and fuel cycle development.

**** this report, this is Silvers OPINION...there is no source in the story, not quotes from anyone... It's basically Silver being a typical media hack, putting 2 and 2 together - something anyone w ****ing brain and a passing knowledge of the past 15 years of Pats coaching and front office personnel could have done. Yet Silver is passing it off as some breaking story...

Nothing but a big **** YOU to this wortheless piece of **** Michael Silver... Remember his "growing disconnect" story r.e. Brady and Pats 6 or 7 years ago? F U Silver u fake news hack

^^^^^^^ This ^^^^^^^

Silver is a muckraker, a self-appointed arbiter of what news folks should be hearing, and someone who has consistently attempted to"create" or "influence" actual news through his rumors. He's no more than another region's Felger.

**** this report, this is Silvers OPINION...there is no source in the story, not quotes from anyone... It's basically Silver being a typical media hack, putting 2 and 2 together - something anyone w ****ing brain and a passing knowledge of the past 15 years of Pats coaching and front office personnel could have done. Yet Silver is passing it off as some breaking story...

Nothing but a big **** YOU to this wortheless piece of **** Michael Silver... Remember his "growing disconnect" story r.e. Brady and Pats 6 or 7 years ago? F U Silver u fake news hack

Mike Silver is a piece of human garbage... cheers to that!

Huh? Who would look at pat shurmur as a hc?
How could Nagy as a first year oc who has called the plays for less than half a season be in anyone’s list?
Reich has been an oc 4 Year’s and this is the first time his offense is better than half of the league.

How could Nagy as a first year oc who has called the plays for less than half a season be in anyone’s list?
Reich has been an oc 4 Year’s and this is the first time his offense is better than half of the league.
Also their is a article about the Bears targeting Nagy for a interview but I don't need to put that here.
As far as Shurmur the Giants have requested to interview him.

"Patricia is the leading candidate if Caldwell is fired"

The fact that they have a "leading candidate" tells me Caldwell will be fired.

As far as Reich I have seen a good amount of speculation that the Eagles offensive coaching staff could be raided.

Also their is a article about the Bears targeting Nagy for a interview but I don't need to put that here.
As far as Shurmur the Giants have requested to interview him.
You should put it here so we can see if it’s real or a fan article.
Link to shurmur request?

As far as Reich I have seen a good amount of speculation that the Eagles offensive coaching staff could be raided.
More fan articles?

"Patricia is the leading candidate if Caldwell is fired"

The fact that they have a "leading candidate" tells me Caldwell will be fired.
They don’t have a leading candidate they have Michael silver making up that they have one.

Last edited by a moderator:
What a head spin this thread is. Makes one really appreciate what we have.

Agreed. I like Josh a lot as OC but not sure he has the characteristics of a good head coach.

I feel the same way and I think having a defensive HC during the after Brady transition period a plus.

As a side note I do think @Ivan has a good point regarding Caserio. Maybe either of them would be ok under Nick.

Yours Mr Rockefeller is a MN resident who is subjected to so, so much Vikings. Pat Shurmur should absolutely be interviewed for head coaching jobs. He and Saints DC Dennis Allen are the two coordinators who may get second chances, after each had short stints as head coaches in less than ideal circumstances.

Shurmur has been spectacular as OC for Minnesota this year. He was promoted late last year after they fired Norv Turner. They have had a pretty good offense this year with Case Keenum at QB after injury to Sam Bradford; rookie RB Dalvin Cook was their best offensive player and he tore his ACL early in the season. He has done a really good job hiding Keenum's weaknesses and playing to both his and the receivers' strengths (lots of high point/Flacco-style balls to big targets Adam Theilen and Kyle Rudolph). They are likely to hit a spot in the playoffs where having Keenum as the QB is going to cost them, but Shurmur is one of the biggest reasons they are the 1 seed right now in the tougher conference. Allen turned around a typically terrible defense and has them playing way better so I think he'll get interviews as well.

Last edited:
Yours Mr Rockefeller is a MN resident who is subjected to so, so much Vikings. Pat Shurmur should absolutely be interviewed for head coaching jobs. He and Saints DC Dennis Allen are the two coordinators who may get second chances, after each had short stints as head coaches in less than ideal circumstances.

Shurmur has been spectacular as OC for Minnesota this year. He was promoted late last year after they fired Norv Turner. They have had a pretty good offense this year with Case Keenum at QB after injury to Sam Bradford; rookie RB Dalvin Cook was their best offensive player and he tore his ACL early in the season. He has done a really good job hiding Keenum's weaknesses and playing to both his and the receivers' strengths (lots of high point/Flacco-style balls to big targets Adam Theilen and Kyle Rudolph). They are likely going to run in to a spot in the playoffs where having Keenum as the QB is going to cost them, but Shurmur is one of the biggest reasons they are the 1 seed right now in the tougher conference. Allen turned around a typically terrible defense and has them playing way better so I think he'll get interviews as well.

Man you post some interesting stuff.

You usually do though save for that one post you and I won't talk about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe