PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

If this is Bill’s last season as HC, who do you want as a replacement?

Tongue in cheek … he seems to know how to get great scouting reports !!
Yes, I bet a lot of them do. Youre thinking of Jim though. John is the Ravens hC

A quick answer to the question...

If they extended Brady then the cap situation is not bad at all in 2020.
You have to wonder what may have happened if Bill didn't chase Brady away and Tom spent his last three years here instead of in TB. That would have meant that the Pats would be starting the rebuild now. We don't know what the record would have been for those three years but it's a sure bet that there would have been more wins and no separate forum here for the greatest NYFL player ever.

Brady wanted a real contract in 2019 after delivering the sixth ring. I have no idea how the particulars would have worked out but he would have played ball with Bill like he had for 20 years to ensure the team was in good cap shape and he got the extension to finish his career a Patriot.
That wasn't good enough for Bill. He wanted to prove who was behind all of that unprecedented success. And he did.

So Bill figured out how to fit Brady under the salary cap for 20 years but all of a sudden just couldn't find any way to do it in 2020?
Great question but one that will be ignored.

Joe Judge lmfao
That's about as far from funny for me as it gets. I get the shivers just thinking of that possibility.

Every thread has become Brady revisionist history.

He got fired for outing Stephen Ross.
He was a good coach but had people issues with alienating some players…such as Tua. He’s probably learned from that.

• I Don't Agree
Reactions: SNL
If Bill is replaced would the Rooney Rule be in play?

So Bill figured out how to fit Brady under the salary cap for 20 years but all of a sudden just couldn't find any way to do it in 2020?
Total distortion of what I wrote. Typical for you.

I'd like Mayo if he brought in a forward minded OC and just let him run the offense. We'd probably always have a good D with Mayo.

• Agree
Reactions: SNL
I'd like Mayo if he brought in a forward minded OC and just let him run the offense. We'd probably always have a good D with Mayo.
Would the players buy in though? Hiring the right hand man of the guy you just ostensibly fired might not resonate with the players they don't jettison.

I haven't read through the whole thread so I don't know if it's already been brought up but I'd consider Sarkisian at Texas. He's done a great job of taking a program that had become moribund under stale Mack Brown and declined into chaos under the inept Charlie Strong and boosted it into a championship contender. He gives me a Chuck Fairbanks vibe.

3. The caveat with Mayo is if he can set things up the way Demeco Ryans has in Houston. Look at how explosive their offense looks right now, despite having a defensive minded HC. Find the right assistant to run your offense and let him take the reins. I'm for a Mayo hire if he delegates out the offensive coaching and personnel decisions. I think he would be very willing.

I think the key would be being able to keep continuity if the OC is successful and walks for a HC job. I wonder if Mayo shares some of BB's bizarre coaching philosophy of having small staffs, coaches having cryptical job titles and performing multiple roles. If an OC walks, it would be nice to have the next man up, who is immersed in the system, on staff.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back