PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady 2017 MVP Race Watch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Always loved Brady, but I didn't appreciate how great he really is until was few years ago.

The only reason we're having this conversation is because Wentz is the new flavor, and Philly's fan base is being revitalized (critical for those TV $$$$$).

Whether it's Newton or Ryan or Wentz, the politics favor the flavor of the season over the same guy again and again.

Brady and BB should have a handful each of MVP and CotY awards. This year, with Brady, it's not even close.

Odd thing that I here often is how people like Brady the player, But not Brady the person.

Geez, you might think he was Ray Lewis.

Only thing I can think of is jealousy.

• It's dislike of dynastic sports teams
  • It's jealousy
  • It's also he and BB being the focal points of 15+ years of frustration for most fan bases
  • It's also how some of the products he endorses (high end stuff) gives people an avenue of attack (class warfare)
  • And almost nobody roots for Goliath to beat David

I feel that there's a few players in consideration.

Brady, Wentz, Gurley, Brown

What an ignorant thing to say Froob, common man. Im sure Brees would have loved the comfort of a top defense every year Like TB has had, instead of the worst record for a team defense since 2006, and throwing his arm out 40-60 passes a game to pull out a win.

I understand you wanting to defend Brees but Pherein you know that's not true.
2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 were all garbage defenses.

The only thing wentz has on Brady is one more win and three more tds. Brady beats him in completion %, Qbr, yards per game, td/int ratio and strength of schedule.

Last edited:
It's gonna come down to the wire between Wentz and Brady.

If Eagles win out and go 15-1, it's gonna be really hard for people to vote for Brady, regardless of the stats. Everyone expected the Pats to go 14-2, but no one saw the Eagles winning 15 games.

Who cares. If he doesn't get it, one less distraction for Brady the night before the Super Bowl.

One of the most ridiculous things I have heard about this is that Wentz deserves it because it's unexpected, whereas Brady doesn't because we expect him to be this good. They didn't even care about stats but somehow Manning gets his mvps.

One of the most ridiculous things I have heard about this is that Wentz deserves it because it's unexpected, whereas Brady doesn't because we expect him to be this good. They didn't even care about stats but somehow Manning gets his mvps.

It's a simple and obvious baseline, though the "why" of it may be a bit more complicated:

They looked for reasons to justify giving Manning the MVP.
They look for reasons to justify not giving Brady the MVP.

Oh sorry just thought he was a bit more stat oriented because I remembered that Chargers game when they were 0-4 talking about records. I don’t think he’d do that to hurt his team though just a bit over an exaggeration on my part pal.

Brees is def one of the most underrated QBs of the last decade, Loomis done a very bad job giving him quality defenses over the years. Really should have been MVP in 09 but the voters love Peyton. Bree’s really didn’t have many let downs in the playoffs, mostly the defense blew it.

Glad to see NOLA back in the playoffs, Brees deserves at least one more playoff run. Wish you guys well, been too long since we last saw Brees out there in January.

Nah its ok man , I think we get a little overprotective with Brees also because be never got an MVP for all the years he carried the team with his arm. Yeah well its the media and it bothers us also. They constantly bring up his stats and landmarks and we know he doesn't care. He just wants to win, and our defense has probably killed at least maybe 1 more ring for him. I was tipsy when i forum stapped to, lol

Yeah, Loomis has done a pretty piss poor job of getting good defensive talent. We have a new defensive talent agency that has picked drafts the last 2 seasons for Loomis, it why you see way better picks. Yeah, 09 he beat PM in almost every category but snubbed, 06 also, and prob 2013. He's either too short or weak arm ,or old now or etc, always something lol. Defense has really messed up his career :p

Yeah, we could have a pretty good team huh, Im saving optinion till nest 3 games if we can go 2-1 Ill have confidence in the D, everyone in NO is gun shy after so many bad D's and waiting to see if they blow it again lol. Be cool to see Brees in the playoffs with a run game and an at least a #15 D . So proud of Pats hoping for a Brady Brees SB, be so fun.

Someone has to lol, Well not completely true, but compared to our defenses all of your D's in those years where the 1985 Bears lol

Someone has to lol, Well not completely true, but compared to our defenses all of your D's in those years where the 1985 Bears lol
Considering all of the ***hole teams, players, owners, coaches and fanbases, Brees, Payton, New Orleans and and their fans deserve better from us. Pherein, my apologies.

Considering all of the ***hole teams, players, owners, coaches and fanbases, Brees, Payton, New Orleans and and their fans deserve better from us. Pherein, my apologies.

Well if this is for the 43 years of being losers and a joke I accept lol, only a few fans survived those years with thick hides, wearing trash bags to protect jerseys from beer, and remember NJ fans telling us saints were funnier than the Carrol Bernet show :p

Nah its fine you guys are special. Really support and love your boys and the 1st not to make fun of us in a game lol. We very much value the good sportsmanship among our fans. It's a good time to apologize for the 20% of the bandwagon boneheads we have on the forums and for Saints report to, I think almost all longtime fans have gotten banned trying to talk sense there. Nice win today.

Wentz is going to win on narrative.

Comes down to who has better record.

mvp...um..yes, whatever. As long as this team captures a 6th Lombardi trophy in February.

I'm not saying that Wentz is more deserving because it's unexpected. But I am saying that it has a significant influence on how people vote.

Well if this is for the 43 years of being losers and a joke I accept lol, only a few fans survived those years with thick hides, wearing trash bags to protect jerseys from beer, and remember NJ fans telling us saints were funnier than the Carrol Bernet show :p

Nah its fine you guys are special. Really support and love your boys and the 1st not to make fun of us in a game lol. We very much value the good sportsmanship among our fans. It's a good time to apologize for the 20% of the bandwagon boneheads we have on the forums and for Saints report to, I think almost all longtime fans have gottien banned trying to talk sense there. Nice win today.
Thanksgiving weekend 2009. Monday night game in NO. Arrived Friday, left Tuesday morning. Stayed in bed from Tuesday night until Friday morning. The music, the food the booze, the company... One of the three greatest weekends of my life. I don't recall the other two,but...

That Int really hurt Brady's chances. To be honest if he wants to win he need to keep his ints well below Wentz.

Sadly that is what he has to do. Be it fair or not.

Last edited:
Those defenses ranked 5,8,15,9,10 in the most important area. Hardly garbage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes