PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady 2017 MVP Race Watch

Status
Not open for further replies.
there seems to be an outlier:

DPKPYMrW0AAXW84.jpg

you kidding? go back and revisit start of deflategate a bit...

Belichick is hated much more than Brady IMO.

My point is I doubt more than a half handful of MVP voters “hate Brady” to the point to vote to keep him away from the MVP trophy if he is deserving. Maybe not even that many.

there seems to be an outlier:

DPKPYMrW0AAXW84.jpg

seeing this my first thought was, if we play Saints again, we will probably blitz so much...
then i see Derek's name on that list too and realize we didnt pressure him THAT much

so who knows, but i would love to have a game where the D can really "pin their ears back"

I hope the possibility of this award does not incentivize Brady to make flashier passes or to play when resting would be more prudent.

My point is I doubt more than a half handful of MVP voters “hate Brady” to the point to vote to keep him away from the MVP trophy if he is deserving. Maybe not even that many.
I wish you were right, but I believe you're wrong.

If anybody here doesn't believe that the MVP Trophy carries a curse see last years SB.:rolleyes:
Wait, I thought the Madden cover was the curse that we were afraid of?

I am thinking it would be nice to go back year and year see who won the MVP every year and see before the 90s how many cases there are of highway robbery.

For some reason i always though the mvp was a curse. Idk. I prefer the hardware in early february.
I don’t know about a curse, but I’ve never cared about brady winning awards. I don’t get too upset if he gets stuffed if we win the SB

I’d bet Brady doesn’t care much about awards either. I love Brady but I’ve never been obsessed with him. I don’t think any athlete or celebrity is worth being obsessed over.

I don’t know about a curse, but I’ve never cared about brady winning awards. I don’t get too upset if he gets stuffed if we win the SB

I’d bet Brady doesn’t care much about awards either. I love Brady but I’ve never been obsessed with him. I don’t think any athlete or celebrity is worth being obsessed over.

Bullseye!

One thing that made/makes Brady such a singularly great QB, IMHO, is he bought 200% into BB's zen teachings. Maybe only a handful of players have fully bought into it (one of the newest, interestingly, appears to be James White) but Brady did hook, line and sinker. As such Brady is worried about winning the next game -- he really is "we're on to ____". When focusing on winning he isn't worried about if he will be on the highlight reel, the MVP vote getter, the next cologne commercial rep, about the game in 4 weeks, on mr swells swell NFL player list.
I'll always poignantly remember Brady's comment on BB (not many comments on BB, just as BB wants it for whatever his reason): "he is the most consistent man" I have ever known. Think about any teacher or mentor figure you've ever had, then think about if you thought about him/her so completely as 'that person was the most consistent person I've ever known". While that statement on its face isn't an outright compliment, when you delve deep into it, it might be one of the best compliments you could ever give someone who is a teacher-mentor-etc.
Brady came built in with the fire of competition. poise, vision, mental acuity. He had all the tools. Getting him to laser focus these tools was BB's job. And BB's almost inhuman like ability to stay consistent, and Brady absorbing that, makes Brady the most indispensable asset he is. So whether Brady is voted by bellowing silly stooges to wear a shiny gold pledge pin is unimportant to him because of where his focus is (it's a pretty big advantage to be able to focus exclusively on X).

IMHO BB could not have gotten any more fortunate to find someone with these tools + so completely buying into his VERY rare, advantageous to winning, zen focus belief system.

I wish you were right, but I believe you're wrong.

I just believe I know how the league thinks when it comes to stuff like this.

Remember they were set to have Forehead win Super Bowl MVP as a “goodbye” present - the story was already written in a media brief! Until Von Miller’s performance made that impossible.

Wentz is having a great season. Perhaps an mvp level one so far. Brady isn’t having just a mvp level great season- it’s a historic season that won’t be forgotten. He is 40 years old and 40 year old QBs aren’t supposed to play like this. Take Brady off this team today and there is no question they are far worse off. Who knows how much longer the GOAT can play at this level... and the league and it’s media understand that. I think they will want to tip their cap to Tom while they can. There aren’t enough “haters” like Rob Parker- who doesn’t get a vote anyway- to matter in this vote imo.

And maybe I’m being naive but perhaps the NFL will look at it as an “apology” from them for well you know. Anyone with a brain knows it was absolute garbage and this might in their minds help make it right.

Last edited:
I hope the possibility of this award does not incentivize Brady to make flashier passes or to play when resting would be more prudent.
That sounds more like Drew Brees.

You're right, that kind of selfishness has been a hallmark of Brady's play for far too long, now; can't wait until we move on to a winner instead.

I am going to say something sacriligeous for many here. I have always believed this run has been more Brady than Belichick.

I can't be dishonest, it's how I feel.

Belichick is perfect for Brady, as he figures out exactly how to balance his team, to focus on complementary areas, and to find football players who "do their job" and don't screw up a game so badly it makes it difficult for his star QB to win it.

Brady though is absolutely crucial because of his ability to wear down and pick apart defenses. It is this element that has made the Patriots so successful.

Belichick has taken advantage of it by knowing how to leverage Brady's place on the team and complement him, whether that's on special teams or defense.

Brady has also made Dante Scarnecchia look good, though an easy argument can be made that it works both ways.

What I'm trying to say: Brady has been the most valuable player since 2003.
They have both benefited from each others presence. Much like a hand in a glove.

In the mind of the mediots, Wentz is a shiny new toy.

No I don’t think so at least not by people who matter. Not after Super Bowl LI.

I see what you mean. He's the consensus GOAT and that wasn't the case before SB 51. Haters will still hate but even his biggest critics have eased up, though they will still be waiting for us to stumble on the way to 6.

Brady's the only NFL player in league history to be voted MVP unanimously. The "help help we're being oppressed" ******** Patriots fans throw around is ridiculous and tiresome.

so..Brady might desire to throw "flashier" passes and make splashier plays? because he could be named MVP?

so THAT'S why he plays the game...boy oh boy I love learning new things here at Patsfans:rolleyes::cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back