PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady 2017 NFL MVP Race Watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pessimistic Pete

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Yes, I'm making this in week 3 because we have the greatest quarterback of all-time having a fantastic season and he was robbed of his shot to get last year.

Passing Yards:
1,092 (1st)
TDs: 8 (1st)
INTs: 0
TD/INT Difference: +8 (1st)
QB Rating: 121.5 (2nd)

Already leading the pack

Others in the running atm would be Alex Smith (yes, at the moment), Matthew Stafford and Aaron Rodgers.

As a comparison, Brady's numbers in his last (2010) MVP season through 3 games....

2-1 / 758 Yards / 8 TDs / 2 INTs / 112 QB Rating

Last edited:
If we need him to (The defense somehow doesn’t improve and it’s 2011 all over again. Doubtful) he can break the yardage record in a single season & contend for the TD record. This unit is the best Pats offense since 2012 & the most downfield attack since 2007.

Brady’s MVP award can really only be derailed by injuries like in 2015 & 2016.

INT yesterday, no?

Very noisy area for my game watch yesterday so excuse me for my ignorance. He got hit, balled popped up and Clowney ran it in for six points. What am I missing?

BTW, that was the last time I'm watching a game in that venue.....

Very noisy area for my game watch yesterday so excuse me for my ignorance. He got hit, balled popped up and Clowney ran it in for six points. What am I missing?

Ruled a fumble which I believe was the correct call. Looked like the ball was out before his arm came forward.

• Agree
Reactions: ALP
Fumble, really?

Thanks for the clarification.

It's Kareem Hunt right now. He's averaging a totally insane 8.5 yards per carry on an undefeated team, has 538 total yards from scrimmage (on pace for nearly 3,000!), and as many touchdowns as Aaron Rodgers. Will it last? Probably not, but he's the MVP through 3 games and I don't think it's even close, especially since the Chiefs beat the Patriots.

Nope, the call was an empty hand forward, therefore a fumble.

You know if they ruled it was lateral pass there it's a fumble I'd be ok with it. But if the ball was going forwards(I haven't looked at the replays) then it should be ruled an interception.

Knowing Tom he would just want another ring.. Still his 07 MVP is ridiculous and makes me happy

He gets screwed over in the voting every year, so I don’t expect anything different in 2017.

It was a fumble

They'll find a reason to give it to someone else.

Yup! We saw Real MVP last year playing in SB 51. They announced during SB that Ryan was 'Reg Season' MVP right on time because while SB was playing on and we witnessed most Epic Comeback & OT Victory in SB History, Brady was collecting SB Lombardi and MVP Trophy and those are ones that count.

Status
Not open for further replies.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes