PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady 2017 NFL MVP Race Watch

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know if they ruled it was lateral pass there it's a fumble I'd be ok with it. But if the ball was going forwards(I haven't looked at the replays) then it should be ruled an interception.

I think the ruling was that Mercilus(?) knocked it forward out of his hand.

I think the ruling was that Mercilus(?) knocked it forward out of his hand.

Yeah but he started his throwing motion so they should just rule it an interception if the ball clearly moved forward and not laterally or backwards.

Every time you think Brady shows everything he's got, he digs deeper and takes it to another level. To do what he's doing at his age? absolutely unreal.

Brady's average yards per completion is 15.4.
No QB had averaged higher than that over a season since 1998.
So, you’re saying this guy is pretty decent huh?

Yeah but he started his throwing motion so they should just rule it an interception if the ball clearly moved forward and not laterally or backwards.

It was clearly a fumble. Ball was out before his hand came forward to release it and the ball popped up in the air and came down where Clowney was standing.

They'll find a reason to give it to someone else.
Narrative is what wins the MVP not stats. In such a team sport having an MVP award seems dumb

So by that logic a foward fumble should always be ruled in incomplete pass if coming from a QB?

See that doesn't make sense and that's why the rule is what it is.

So by that logic a foward fumble should always be ruled in incomplete pass if coming from a QB?

See that doesn't make sense and that's why the rule is what it is.

I'm not talking about the rule. I'm talking about the statistic. That is all.

I guess the question is, when a QB is winding up for a throw, and the ball is hit out of his hand before completing the motion, and a receiver down the field catches the ball, do they rule that as a fumble recovery by the receiver, or a reception in the statistic department.

Last edited:
They'll find a reason to give it to someone else.
Agreed, but that's alright. If recent history continues, the regular season MVP will not have a SB ring at the end of the year.

Right now.

#1 Kareem Hunt (not sustainable at this pace)
#2 Tom Brady (obviously sustainable)
#3 Alex Smith (not sustainable obviously)

Outside looking in

Brees - sorry. In my book you need to carry your team to the playoffs.

Rodgers - He will be the chief competition this year once he gets on track but he hurt his chances with 3 early ints. I'd guess Brady doesn't throw much more than 3 all year. He has the yards though. He has thrown a ton and carried his team.

Ryan - doesn't have the stats right now but has a 3-0 team. He is not repeating his year last year though. Has yards and 3 wins but has been carried a good deal.

I don't think anyone else is worth mentioning at this point. It is early though.

Diggs and Brown are having great years but not doing enough.

Like last year and and the other SB winning years: I would rather the GOAT hoist the other throphy. And this is no disrespect to the MVP award.

Last edited:
#1 Kareem Hunt (not sustainable at this pace)
Does this mean that we can get @Miguel to trade him to one of us in the fantasy league? He seems to have points to spare. :cool:

He was going to be one of my next selections, for what it's worth. I had him written down. Mr. Patscap beat me to the punch, and he's looking like a genius for doing so.

The 9.9 YPA with no interceptions might be the most impressive. For context Aaron Rogers has 24 more pass attempts, 125 less passing yards, and a 6:3 TD:INT vs Brady's 8:0.

They’ll give it to Rodgers if they get a chance to.

There's no way Brady will be denied if keeps playing at the pace he's playing on! However the regular season MVP award still has a curse attached to it. So I'm OK with TB12 not winning it until the curse is lifted or if he's the one to reverse it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents