PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady 2017 MVP Race Watch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brady's the only NFL player in league history to be voted MVP unanimously. The "help help we're being oppressed" ******** Patriots fans throw around is ridiculous and tiresome.

Your point certainly has has a lot of merit.

On the other hand there is a lot of jealous fans of other teams. T

There are also "butt hurt" (cough cough) fans of teams that our team has vanquished that simply cannot 'let go" so to speak.

Last edited:
Plus 49/50 votes in 2007. Total of 99/100 MVP votes in his two wins.

That one delusional writer who voted Favre.

Yeah, 2007 was probably more deserving of a unanimous vote than 2010 (though 2010 really was a special year too), but theres a feeling that a unanimous MVP needs to be something beyond special and that's sort of the point - Brady's the only MVP in league history deemed deserving of a unanimous MVP.

That's a rare honor in sports. There has only ever been one unanimous MVP in the NFL, NBA, and NHL (Brady, Curry, and Gretzky).

The MLB has more unanimous MVPs but that's understandable because there are separate awards for AL and NL, so there are two awards each year and a given MVP is only competing against half the league, so it's not comparable to the other sports. As an analogy, Brady may have been the unanimous AFC MVP last year and still not even won the NFL MVP (and I don't think Ryan was undeserving).

Last edited:
No let Wentz have it.... Regular season MVP is a legitimate curse (I call it the Marshall Faulk curse, no shocker that this curse started with that whiny ***** loser) when it comes to the SB. Would rather Brady get another SB MVP.

Wait, I thought the Madden cover was the curse that we were afraid of?

Calvin Johnson and Odell Beckham kind of put that thing to rest.

The year Johnson was on it he had like 2k yards receiving and the year Beckham was on it is his best year out of the 4 years he's been in the league. Also the year Peterson was on it he had a good season and the year Sherman was on it he had a good season

I wonder how many of you Patsfans who think some of us are butthurt or delusional at the treatment of Brady live in New England?

Those of us outside of New England have to listen to all kinds of craziness about Brady constantly, and not just from fans, but also talk radio and local news media.

The stuff people say is crazy.

I just believe I know how the league thinks when it comes to stuff like this.

Remember they were set to have Forehead win Super Bowl MVP as a “goodbye” present - the story was already written in a media brief! Until Von Miller’s performance made that impossible.

Wentz is having a great season. Perhaps an mvp level one so far. Brady isn’t having just a mvp level great season- it’s a historic season that won’t be forgotten. He is 40 years old and 40 year old QBs aren’t supposed to play like this. Take Brady off this team today and there is no question they are far worse off. Who knows how much longer the GOAT can play at this level... and the league and it’s media understand that. I think they will want to tip their cap to Tom while they can. There aren’t enough “haters” like Rob Parker- who doesn’t get a vote anyway- to matter in this vote imo.

And maybe I’m being naive but perhaps the NFL will look at it as an “apology” from them for well you know. Anyone with a brain knows it was absolute garbage and this might in their minds help make it right.
Your posts are well-thought out and rational. But, I just believe you're viewing the Brady popularity factor through a NE lens. I travel a lot and I can tell you most people outside of the 5.5 NE states really dislike Brady.

Brady's the only NFL player in league history to be voted MVP unanimously. The "help help we're being oppressed" ******** Patriots fans throw around is ridiculous and tiresome.

Brady won unanimously because there was nobody else remotely worthy of getting a first place vote. That doesn't, in any way, undercut a "help help we're being oppressed" narrative. Sometimes, something becomes so obvious that even the most hostile opponent must acknowledge it, if they're going to remain even remotely credible.

I do not care at all for m.v.p honors. I highly doubt Brady even worries a bit about that. In a way. I don’t want the thing.

I think the pats get another ring this year. I’m not just saying that. I actually believe it.

Brady won unanimously because there was nobody else remotely worthy of getting a first place vote. That doesn't, in any way, undercut a "help help we're being oppressed" narrative. Sometimes, something becomes so obvious that even the most hostile opponent must acknowledge it, if they're going to remain even remotely credible.

Ah yes sometimes those wily sportswriters must stop telling you that you're not good in order to be able to continue telling you you're not good, it's all just part and parcel of the preconceived anti-Patriots conspiracy we all feel in our bones.

Ah yes sometimes those wily sportswriters must stop telling you that you're not good in order to be able to continue telling you you're not good, it's all just part and parcel of the preconceived anti-Patriots conspiracy we all feel in our bones.

What I posted had nothing to do with the existence/non-existence of any conspiracy. It simply noted an obvious defect in what was a terrible argument on your part. There are times when disagreeing with the choice of the winner can be argued. There are times when it's so obviously not warranted that the person choosing another person sees their credibility become stained because they are so obviously just someone with an agenda.

Brady 2007
Griffey HOF voting
etc...

Now, you can keep arguing with something as obvious as what I've pointed out, but that will just be you trying to push an agenda.

That sounds more like Drew Brees.
What an ignorant thing to say Froob, common man. Im sure Brees would have loved the comfort of a top defense every year Like TB has had, instead of the worst record for a team defense since 2006, and throwing his arm out 40-60 passes a game to pull out a win.

Yeah Brees goes to work saying I cant wait to pat some stats today.

Heck He’s been slighted from getting MVP probably more than any QB in those years. I mean everyone gives is it Rogers and PM and etc saying well what would those teams be without them so they deserve MVP.

Well what would NO be without Brees and we have had waaaay worse defenses than the Colts or GB.

Wonder what Brees could have done as QB for BB and Pats in the same years as TB ?

I can bet you it wouldn’t be just 1 SB.
Colts had the #8 ranked defense in the SB Saints had the # 20-22 in the NFL but more takeaways, and that was one of our best we have had.
Down 15 pts with 3 mins on the clock and a QB doing 11-11 with a 158.3 QBR to win is Brees, only been done one other time in NFL history. Thats, not padding stats.
and name one amazing weapon Brees had that left NO that went on to be HOF material with another QB? Graham , stalworth, Moore, henderson , meachum, etc. like TB it wasnt them Brees made them look good. Brees is for real and has been discounted more than any QB since 2006, while beating their stats on a broken defensive team, and only No mvp.

National Football League Most Valuable Player Award - Wikipedia

seems amazing he was so trying to pad stats, that even Cam got one before he has,

Last edited:
brady deserves it. hopefully wentz will get it.

What an ignorant thing to say Froob, common man. Im sure Brees would have loved the comfort of a top defense every year Like TB has had, instead of the worst record for a team defense since 2006, and throwing his arm out 40-60 passes a game to pull out a win.

Yeah Brees goes to work saying I cant wait to pat some stats today.

Heck He’s been slighted from getting MVP probably more than any QB in those years. I mean everyone gives is it Rogers and PM and etc saying well what would those teams be without them so they deserve MVP.

Well what would NO be without Brees and we have had waaaay worse defenses than the Colts or GB.

Wonder what Brees could have done as QB for BB and Pats in the same years as TB ?

I can bet you it wouldn’t be just 1 SB.
Colts had the #8 ranked defense in the SB Saints had the # 20-22 in the NFL but more takeaways, and that was one of our best we have had.
Down 15 pts with 3 mins on the clock and a QB doing 11-11 with a 158.3 QBR to win is Brees, only been done one other time in NFL history. Thats, not padding stats.
and name one amazing weapon Brees had that left NO that went on to be HOF material with another QB? Graham , stalworth, Moore, henderson , meachum, etc. like TB it wasnt them Brees made them look good. Brees is for real and has been discounted more than any QB since 2006, while beating their stats on a broken defensive team, and only No mvp.

National Football League Most Valuable Player Award - Wikipedia

seems amazing he was so trying to pad stats, that even Cam got one before he has,
Oh sorry just thought he was a bit more stat oriented because I remembered that Chargers game when they were 0-4 talking about records. I don’t think he’d do that to hurt his team though just a bit over an exaggeration on my part pal.

Brees is def one of the most underrated QBs of the last decade, Loomis done a very bad job giving him quality defenses over the years. Really should have been MVP in 09 but the voters love Peyton. Bree’s really didn’t have many let downs in the playoffs, mostly the defense blew it.

Glad to see NOLA back in the playoffs, Brees deserves at least one more playoff run. Wish you guys well, been too long since we last saw Brees out there in January.

Last edited:
its been awhile, i hope he gets it, 3 time mvp... sounds so much sweeter...

Your posts are well-thought out and rational. But, I just believe you're viewing the Brady popularity factor through a NE lens. I travel a lot and I can tell you most people outside of the 5.5 NE states really dislike Brady.
Odd thing that I here often is how people like Brady the player, But not Brady the person.

Geez, you might think he was Ray Lewis.

Only thing I can think of is jealousy.

No let Wentz have it.... Regular season MVP is a legitimate curse (I call it the Marshall Faulk curse, no shocker that this curse started with that whiny ***** loser) when it comes to the SB. Would rather Brady get another SB MVP.
I’d rather he get both.

Odd thing that I here often is how people like Brady the player, But not Brady the person.

Geez, you might think he was Ray Lewis.

Only thing I can think of is jealousy.
That's undoubtedly an enormous factor. His looks, his money, his fame, his wife...on top of that throw in his success and the ingredients are all there. And then there's his longevity. Most of us get tired of seeing the same teams and people be on top for extended periods of time, unless they're ours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back