PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

You'll Never Believe This: Revis Tampering More Extensive Than Revealed

Status
Not open for further replies.
If this WaPo article from two years ago is correct, the league didn't even interview Johnson ( unless they did later which I doubt)....
Patriots reportedly complain Jets tampered when signing Darrelle Revis

>>>The NFL, however, was apparently not as quick to brush off the alleged concerns of Robert Kraft’s organization. Per Mehta’s sources, a league investigator traveled to the Jets facility in Florham Park, N.J., on March 8 to question General Manager Mike Maccagnan and other front office employees. Johnson was reportedly not interrogated.<<<

See what happens when you don't spend a year and 5 million dollars creating facts? The real ones eventually come out.

The funny thing is Mehta's such an idiot he doesn't seem to get the real lead of his story. The Jets tampering stuff is huge but he's going on about Revis taking advantage of Johnson. He doesn't know what he has.

Towards the end, he says, "...Johnson deserved better. He tried to do the right thing.." What??

Yeah you also wonder why the NFL has so many ex jets in the FO when you've got plenty of non-garbage organizations to choose from.
The NFL these days is in general just as much a garbage product at the Jets are, and the Jets are used to trying to find ways to sell garbage as if it is caviar. It's a perfect match!

How do we know they didn't tamper to win SB III?
Good point. Given they are the Jets, there's no other reasonable conclusion to be reached.

As compensation, the Jets first round draft pick in the 2017 NFL Draft will do just fine.

The thing that matters is how this plays with the other 31 billionaires? Have they seen enough to understand Goodell is a loose cannon that could be aimed at any one of them at any time?

Very disappointing because no one knew about the clandestine phone calls, most people thought it was just woodys Big mouth.
That's exactly right. It was clearly presented that Johnson's remarks were the basis of the fine. Florio maybe gets a bit of a pass from people here because he's been relatively decent about Deflategate, but this is big news that I haven't heard anywhere before, so saying this is what everyone thought is total BS.

A few things:
  • Mehta was one of the leaders in the "Pats fans are crying about nothing" brigade during the whole tampering thing. He called us crybabies for complaining about nothing. Now he is reporting that Pats fans were right. Of course without doing a mea culpa of any sort.
  • I am convinced that Goodell gave the Jets a slap on the wrist because he wanted to make the Pats' punishment for DeflateGate more justified. He couldn't dock the Jets a pick (and possibly award it to the Pats) and then punish the Pats. He needed to make the Pats look like the only bad guys in the league and not deflect some of the attention to the Jets or Falcons or Browns (who also got light punishments).

Very disappointing because no one knew about the clandestine phone calls, most people thought it was just woodys Big mouth.
I think Mehta knew because he was plugged in ( see my link above ragging on Pats) and now he turned on Revis so he's revealing it, unwittingly exposing the extent of the tampering, not that it will matter anyhow...

Just reaffirms my belief in karma.

Florio needs a new tracker indicating how many "Days since entirely new evidence came to light that Goodell is an incompetent moron". In this case the tracker would read 0.

Seriously, it seems like the league can't go a week without some new scandal demonstrating what a buffoon Goodell is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes