-Steelers
-Seahawks

Teams that get screwed
-Chiefs
-Patriots
-Cowboys
-Redskins
-49ers
...Don't forget the Saints, on the screwed side.

Gotta love the hypocrisy of the nfl. Not one mention from them on this. Hiding like a pack of rats. Not one mention of this from bspn.

Florio needs a new tracker indicating how many "Days since entirely new evidence came to light that Goodell is an incompetent moron". In this case the tracker would read 0.

Seriously, it seems like the league can't go a week without some new scandal demonstrating what a buffoon Goodell is.

It's not only that bozo but others as well. I wish karma was back to back to back

Yup. But because it's the Jets. And nobody cares, no extra punishment will be given. Goodell is a Jets buttboy through and through. No way he revisits this.

I say if it's true, the appropriate punishment would be to force the JEST to keep Revis for the duration of his contract.

In fact, I think they're going to have to.

Why? Because Revis surely is going to go to them the second they say "Darrelle, we're canceling the contract" and say "I'm going to detail all of our discussions prior to the contract signing and you're going to get done for tampering if you do." So they'll HAVE to keep the deal. Alternatively, the league investigates and finds it out anyway once the reporters have done with it. They're lose-lose at this point, dead men walking.

I'm surprised I still don't feel even a twinge of pity for them.

I did not think it was possible to dislike Goodell and his minions more than I already did, but this makes my dislike even more intense.. somehow this is justified as the underlying assumption is that "everybody does it"..

Not quite sure how he remains in the favor of the other "31", otoh do not understand today's moral ethics of big business owners..

What reconciles all of this is that we are playing by the rules, and still being champions..

Time to deploy Ted Wells to tell Revis he doesn't want his phone, followed by losing picks because he didn't give him his phone.

To be clear, the Pats were docked picks because they were "repeat offenders". Even though a judge in a court of law wouldn't consider a person who's 7 years between supposed infractions to be a "repeat offender".

To be clear, the Pats were docked picks because they were "repeat offenders". Even though a judge in a court of law wouldn't consider a person who's 7 years between supposed infractions to be a "repeat offender".

The whole repeat offenders thing is a "Catch-22".

You can't be a repeat offender if the Omissioner doesn't prosecute your offenses, but if the Omissioner prosecutes your offenses, then your next offense makes you a repeat offender, regardless of how trivial the offenses were.

So in the NFL* a team's status as a repeat offender rests entirely on the whims of a biased individual who gets to pick and choose what he wants to pursue.

It isn't the nature of the offense that matters, only the arbiter.

I am seeing this story trending and am surprised it is not a bigger discussion here. The thing that bothers me here is that I know that nearly all of you believe that if the roles were reversed here, it would be headline news on a National level and it would be all we were hearing about. So the fact that this bombshell is barely making rounds right now, and the NFL has YET to comment on it just solidifies the opinion that I, and most of yo already had....That Fraudger Goodell is a Jets friend and an enemy of the Patriots.

That being said, I still believe that the NFL will be forced to act on this, and by act, they will be forced to hand over the Jets 6th overall pick to New England. It is a clearly written rule without wiggle room. This tampering was blatant, it was malicious, and 100% intentionally done in order to circumvent league rules. We, as Pats fans, need to ignore the fact that we have 5 Lombardi's and the G.O.A.T. We need to spread this story, keep it alive, and pressure our friends and colleagues to share it, and spread it as well. This needs to blow up and we need to do our part to ensure that happens to the best of our ability.

Kraft will have to file ANOTHER tampering charge against the Jets for the league to even look at this. The rule stated above says that the offending club will "lose" its selection.... So the Jets pick won't be coming to the Pats but it should be forfeited.

From what I recall, the "offending" team loses their draft pick. In this case, 6th overall, and the "offended" team gets it. Isn't this what has happened many times already around the league?

2011 Detroit Lions tampered with Jarrad Page(7th round pick) while he was a Chief. They had to forfeited a 2011 seventh-rounder plus AND swap with the Chiefs in the fifth round.

2008 49ers tampered with Lance Briggs(3rd round pick) while he was a Bear. They had to forfeit a 2008 fifth-rounder and swap picks with Bears in third round.

I think there are more, but I remember these clearly.

Precedent has been set...PAY UP!

The jets tampered with a player from another team, were caught, and are repeat offenders.

Unfortunately for the Patriots and every other team hoping for a level playing field, there are 2 things at play working against us:

1) The commissioner is an ex-jets employee who has proven time and time again that he favors a handful of teams when it comes to handing out punishments

2) The commissioner can do whatever the hell he wants

Sadly, we can talk all we want about the jets getting punished for cheating, but it wont happen until there is an impartial person handling league discipline

Oh, don't get me wrong Mitch, I know everything you are saying is true, but that doesn't make it right, and we should absolutely not accept it as the norm. We should be demanding punishment...we want our 2 pounds of flesh.

No way the Jets lose their 1st and no way NE gets it. It's a pipe dream. Even if any clear cut evidence comes out that this is true (which it is) then the Jets will be forced to forfeit a pick (a 4th is my guess but it should be at least a 2nd) to the Pats. No way around it or the 20 or so other owners will be forced to push Goodell out the window.

No way the Jets lose their 1st and no way NE gets it. It's a pipe dream. Even if any clear cut evidence comes out that this is true (which it is) then the Jets will be forced to forfeit a pick (a 4th is my guess but it should be at least a 2nd) to the Pats. No way around it or the 20 or so other owners will be forced to push Goodell out the window.

Oh you KNOW, if the Rats had to forfeit a pick to the Pats, it would be a 4th rounder, which, being the Pats' highest pick in the round, would be forfeited.

Who says the Omissioner lacks a sense of humor?

From what I recall, the "offending" team loses their draft pick. In this case, 6th overall, and the "offended" team gets it. Isn't this what has happened many times already around the league?

2011 Detroit Lions tampered with Jarrad Page(7th round pick) while he was a Chief. They had to forfeited a 2011 seventh-rounder plus AND swap with the Chiefs in the fifth round.

2008 49ers tampered with Lance Briggs(3rd round pick) while he was a Bear. They had to forfeit a 2008 fifth-rounder and swap picks with Bears in third round.

I think there are more, but I remember these clearly.

Precedent has been set...PAY UP!

1320529223886.jpg

(if I had photoshop skills, I would superimpose this Fraudger face onto Bender's....)

CVzyxfUWEAA8aeX.jpg

They played a stupid game and won a stupid prize, then. They really should be forced to hand over draft picks if this is true (not at all a given when Manish Mehta is involved), but they won't because nobody cares because they still suck anyway. They suck so hard that even when they cheat they only screw themselves.

Last edited:
I am seeing this story trending and am surprised it is not a bigger discussion here. The thing that bothers me here is that I know that nearly all of you believe that if the roles were reversed here, it would be headline news on a National level and it would be all we were hearing about. So the fact that this bombshell is barely making rounds right now, and the NFL has YET to comment on it just solidifies the opinion that I, and most of yo already had....That Fraudger Goodell is a Jets friend and an enemy of the Patriots.

That being said, I still believe that the NFL will be forced to act on this, and by act, they will be forced to hand over the Jets 6th overall pick to New England. It is a clearly written rule without wiggle room. This tampering was blatant, it was malicious, and 100% intentionally done in order to circumvent league rules. We, as Pats fans, need to ignore the fact that we have 5 Lombardi's and the G.O.A.T. We need to spread this story, keep it alive, and pressure our friends and colleagues to share it, and spread it as well. This needs to blow up and we need to do our part to ensure that happens to the best of our ability.
I'm not trying to be a **** ( I can sometimes do that with little or no effort), but what in the hell has happened historically which would cause you to think in any possible way that things will unfold as you predict?

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes