PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Patriots signed WR Andrew Hawkins

Status
Not open for further replies.
That kid has some ankle busting moves as someone said......:cool:

Hogan is not that fast - he is a 4.5 guy.

Hogan claims his best time was 4.39, and he was the fastest player on the team last year according to some outfit that clocks fastest runs.

Edelman might be the same age, but in concussion-years he is surely older - he is fearless and takes a beating on a lot of plays. Also going to be looking for a big paycheck at some point.

The somewhat projected “Nate Washington 2017“ signing.

DeAndrew White makes Devin Street superfluous..

The unbearable lightness of Amendola cut narrative begins..

I guess last game of last season and DA restructure were just a dream..

"But Dude, Hawkins is wicked fast." :eek:

So we got 3 pages of talking about a camp body signing who only has a shot if there are multiple injures. We truly are in the blackhole of the offseason right now..
You didn't realize that the other day when @fnordcircle started his thread? :D

(Snaps fingers, thrusts hips, shimmies out of room)

If I am amendola I am worried.
I think it would be difficult to replace Amendola's veteran postseason presence, rapport with Brady, and knowledge of our complex offense with a guy who's coming in completely clueless. Add his lack of punt/KO returns and I think it's even more of a stretch.

Good chance he's camp fodder/injury insurance. His work is certainly cut out for him, that's for sure.

Ok, after reading this article, if he doesnt make the team, maybe he will run it. Sounds like a Belichick dream player.

Andrew Hawkins: Just as Smart as I Am Quick | The MMQB with Peter King
Wow, this dude dude awesome. There's probably some truth to your comment too. He has to realize that, even if he makes the team, he's going to see very limited action catching footballs. But he probably took less money here for the possibility to : 1) go to a sb (he is getting up there in age) and, maybe more importantly, 2) Get a first hand look at how the greatest HC of all time runs his organization. Hawkins did say that he first dreamed of running an NFL team before playing for one.

The danger to Amendola is not really from Hawkins, it is from the young guys. They do really well - we may not risk losing them. The downside of a cheap contract is not getting paid poorly, it is how easy it makes to cut you. Still I think he stays.

Reminder. Hawkins will be 31 this year. He started late. I think this is him looking to win a ring before he retires. Probably a 1 and done deal. Also him making team is no sure thing either.

Also. "Yeah, but can he rush the passer Mike? I-I-I don't know Mike!"

Really going to be fun watching our wide outs this year!!!!

With so much depth at WR I would be fine with putting Amendola on PUP and keeping him around as a quality mid year additional. He's too fragile to make a full season anyways so adding him later in the year would work fine as he is already in synch with Brady.

Or maybe this signing is about Cyrus..

That was a beautiful route. I'd love to see what Hawkins can do with Brady. Plus I'm always happy to have an Andrew on the team. :cool:

More seriously, facing this kind of precision and quickness can only help our corners improve. I'd love to see Cyrus emerge as a strong talent.

I think it would be difficult to replace Amendola's veteran postseason presence, rapport with Brady, and knowledge of our complex offense with a guy who's coming in completely clueless. Add his lack of punt/KO returns and I think it's even more of a stretch.

Good chance he's camp fodder/injury insurance. His work is certainly cut out for him, that's for sure.
Regardless of how strong you view his odds there is no question that his signing makes this him or amendola.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes