PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Official NFL Draft Day 1 thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I was watching games, Hightower was my second favourite after Barron. Thrilled by the pick. He hits like a train.

I think it's safe to say that they will be trading down tomorrow to acquire more picks...

I don't think so. Its time for quality over quantity. I am sick of seeing guys get drafted we don't need and then cut.

The Ravens board is mad at us. Seems like they saw Hightower as the next Ray Lewis! oh well :)

Jones and Hightower..love it :rocker::rocker:

So I am guessing in a 3-4 it will be Jones and Hightower outside and Spikes and Mayo inside. In a four man front, it will be Jones kicked to DE and Mayo and Hightower outside and Spikes inside and Spikes coming off the field in sub packages.

Impact.
Dominate.

Unless we are switching to 4-3 permanently we just drafted our future OLB's for the next few years. Chandler jones is only a DE in sub and Hightower has to be projected @ OLB seeing as ILB is a strength and has depth to boot.

Love the first two picks. Team defense already seems much improved. Can't wait for 2012 season to start!

I don't understand getting Hightower unless were planning to move Spikes or Mayo. Also with only 2 picks left the Patriots will probably trade them to the future or later in the draft which means we will probably miss out on a lot of talent.

Mayo, Spikes, Hightower, and Jones. This could be the dominant LB corp we have been missing since 2004.

BB building the LB corps that made him famous with the 80's Giants.

No more effing around with cut rate Ninkos and Guytons out there.

So I am guessing in a 3-4 it will be Jones and Hightower outside and Spikes and Mayo inside. In a four man front, it will be Jones kicked to DE and Mayo and Hightower outside and Spikes inside and Spikes coming off the field in sub packages.

I wouldn't expect many 3 man fronts, Jones cant play in space. I would expect Jones as the elephant and Hightower moving all over the place.

OMG love the draft so far.

With these two additions, do we still re-sign Carter? I think if we do we have the possibility to be an elite defense.

This is what I posted at 5:10 PM in a PatsFans draft thread...
""""My guy came through. Last week he said they were looking at Irvin, today he says..........

"D. HIGHTOWER, POE—DT , McClellen from Boise. They don’t think any of these guys will be there at their slot unless they make a move.
Others on the list C. Jones from Syracuse , Ingram but not real high on him
If draft falls apart they have no problem taking RG Jeff Allen."

In the past, the list I get is who impresses them (usually out of reach) and a guy or two who they target. JPP was on the wish list last year, Ridley was on the target list. Two years ago Spikes was considered a done deal. I have no clue who is their target guy in this year's list"""""
post #108
http://www.patsfans.com/new-england...2145-official-draft-rumors-thread-page11.html

Jones and Donta hightower omg!!! i just jizzed my pants.

Attachments

• jizz.jpg
    jizz.jpg
    3.9 KB · Views: 627
Yeah, he looks like McGinest in terms of build. McGinest was 6-5, 270lb.

There is a resemblance. FWIW, Willie was 255 when drafted.

Fortunately, Jones has the hands to learn pass rush techniques, because he has very few. In the appropriate words of Belichick -- "Pass rush techniques can be taught." A bull rush and edge-setting ability are his strengths at this time.

BB building the LB corps that made him famous with the 80's Giants.

No more effing around with cut rate Ninkos and Guytons out there.

love it!!!!!

Ninko isn't going anywhere. Our LB depth is as solid as anybody's now.

This also gives us an additional outside rusher in the sub, really 2 because its very likely Hightower is at LB in the sub, free ninko up for the sub DE rotation.
If Jones is nothing but a sub package DE as a rookie (ala Aldon Smith) thats fine, and Cunningham can play the base 34 OLB spot as he did as a rookie.
Lots of possibilities with the front 7 get opened up with these moves.

Hightower isn't great in pass..but i still like him and jones..jets fans aren't too happy :D:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes