PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Official NFL Draft Day 1 thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATSNUTme

Paranoid Homer ex-moderator
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Well the time is coming and, what the hell, might as well start a thread for the first of 3 draft days.

Please post your NFL draft comment in this thread. I realize that some are not draftnik's so here are some informational links that you can use.

Draft picks by team: it gives the draft order and below lists each teams draft picks as of now.

THE HUDDLE REPORT - NFL DRAFT
Draft Trade Value chart:No used 100% but is close to the value that teams will use when entertaining trades:
The Huddle Report - NFL Draft Research and Analysis

Here is a draft tracker that will list the picks as they are made so you can see who picked who and who is off the board:
2012 NFL Draft Tracker - CBSSports.com - NFLDraftScout.com

And finally here are some player rankings. As you can see, not everyone agrees on the value of certain players.

NFL Draft - 2012 NFL Draft Prospects - CBSSports.com - NFLDraftScout.com

ProFootballWeekly.com - Draft Rankings

And one of my personal favorites a draft value chart. This does not rank players but shows what area or what round they are likely to be drafted. there are also some notes on certain players. If this is updated just before the draft, I'll try to post it

ProFootballWeekly.com - PFW's exclusive draft value board

So have fun with the draft and don't get too disturbed about the picks. TFB went #199 (I had him graded as a 5th round pick for the Patriots:cool:) and Troy Brown would not have even been drafted under the present draft.

Gang, is it being streamed on-line does anyone know?

Gang, is it being streamed on-line does anyone know?

If you click on the draft tracker they will have audio and video but it won't be the ESPN or NFLN broadcast (that could be a blessing).:D

Also I'll start a Patriots draft thread a little later, as they won't be picking (unless a huge trade up) until about 10PM.

Can you make a big reminder for people to not post picks before they're announced?

can you make a big reminder for people to not post picks before they're announced?

ok:

don't post picks until they are announced, please.

any idea when will the picks be announced on espn? is it 7 ET or 8 ET? coz i have seen ads which say 7 and some which say 8

Coverage begins at 7PM EST. The actual draft won't commence until 8PM. Teams have 15 minutes allotted to make a pick (or negotiate a trade) in round one. If God is merciful - and a football fan - those in the first couple of selections who know who they are taking won't be intent on milking the clock for attention... Otherwise it will be a long night for teams picking in or trading out of the late 20's and early 30's....

Last edited:
Coverage begins at 7PM EST. The actual draft won't commence until 8PM. Teams have 15 minutes allotted to make a pick (or negotiate a trade) in round one. If God is merciful - and a football fan - those in the first couple of selections who know who they are taking won't be intent on milking the clock for attention... Otherwise it will be a long night for teams picking in or trading out of the late 20's and early 30's....

Can you make a big reminder for people to not post picks before they're announced?

Why???? The pick is the pick, no matter what media form relays it.

We're not NFL employees.

We're not NFL employees.

If I remember correctly, the picks always ended up on here last year before they were actually announced. Not sure the source(s), but I would assume Twitter.

Last edited:
The NFL is supposedly cracking down on media outlets announcing the pick before Goodell. I agree with this move, assuming it's true, as I always found it to be anti-climactic to read some tweet or see Lombardi tell us the pick (Mallet) rather than wait for the official announcement.

They have 2 picks 1st round..we can all count on them trading 1 of those..either to get higher..or more in 2nd and 3rd rounds

If I remember correctly, the picks always ended up on here last year before they were actually announced. Not sure the source(s), but I would assume Twitter.

I was just referring to the notion that we should prevent the names from getting out. I see no logic to that.

I know I have 3 rounds in me typing...."It's gonna be Irvin"...."I think I heard Irvin"...."No brainer....Irvin"..."Ahhhhh, guess we're targetting Irvin next pick"

I was just referring to the notion that we should prevent the names from getting out. I see no logic to that.

I dunno. Maybe people are enamored with Goodell's mellifluous tone and facile delivery.

So who here is ready to trade out of the first round entirely?:rocker::bricks:

If BB would just keep his big mouth shut, we could share in the mystery and excitement that Goodell brings to every Pats pick..but BB just can't help himself....gab gab gab.
Question....does his "lady friend" tweet....she might give us some gems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots