PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Official NFL Draft Day 1 thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mystery!!! Intrigue!!! Hysteria!!!

...and the Patriots trade out of the first round acquiring two 1's next season and a 3rd, 4th, 5th,and 2 6ths in the 2012 draft.....

well....see ya tomorrow everybody!
icon10.gif

:agree:

Tonight for me I am intrigued merely by how the first round will unfold starting with the Vikes @ 4. If the Patriots happen to make one or both picks, I will be pleasantly surprised.

First trade of the day has been made, as the Vikings and Browns switch spots and the Vikings pick up 3 extra picks for dropping down one spot.
That still leaves the Browns with 10 picks. Seems like a solid enough trade if they were panicking that Tampa would jump ahead of them. It seems strange but the Browns are in OK shape with their draft position. 5 picks inside 100 isn't too shabby.

Last edited:
Strong suggestions the Jags are looking to trade for Vikings' #4 and take Blackmon. Vikings can build a whole new team in this draft if they carry on.

What are the Vikes looking for? I doubt they go WR. Do we know ywt what they got from Cleveland?

I really like that trade for the Vikings.

They RAKED in Picks on that one. :cool:

The true Value of Later Round Picks are VASTLY underrated, in my view.

OMG, did anyone just see the chick in the blue dress on BSPN standing behind RG3? They didn't show her face, but that really doesn't matter

What are the Vikes looking for? I doubt they go WR. Do we know ywt what they got from Cleveland?

Vikes have major issues in the secondary... and then there is the issue of who will protect their young quarterback's blindside.

Think they got 2012 5th,6th,7th IIRC.

Gotta trade up if any of the following are still on the board at #12...

Melvin Ingram, Fletcher Cox, Mark Barron, maybe even Brockers, Upshaw, or Chandler Jones

Last edited:

Vikes got 4, 118, 139, 211. They now have back to back picks in both the 5th and 7th rounds.

As for who they're after, it's been reported that they have Kalil, Blackmon and Claiborne ranked equally. They should still be able to get one of them at #7.

I really like that trade for the Vikings.

They RAKED in Picks on that one. :cool:

The true Value of Later Round Picks are VASTLY underrated, in my view.

The Vikes were raped in terms of the old draft trade chart though. Looks like they left over 300 pts on the table. Good trade by both teams.

Vikes got 4, 118, 139, 211. They now have back to back picks in both the 5th and 7th rounds.

As for who they're after, it's been reported that they have Kalil, Blackmon and Claiborne ranked equally. They should still be able to get one of them at #7.

They can draft Kalil @ 4 since they have the 4th pick, not the 7th.

The Vikes were raped in terms of the old draft trade chart though. Looks like they left over 300 pts on the table. Good trade by both teams.

Vikes got 3 FREE day 3 picks.... and still get to pick Kalil, which they wouldve taken with #3 overall anyways. So they didn't lose anything, but they gained 3 picks.

Browns traded up to get Richardson. They don't need Kalil since they already have Joe Thomas at Left Tackle.

Last edited:
Cheesy intro: Check.

Mystery!!! Intrigue!!! Hysteria!!!

...and the Patriots trade out of the first round acquiring two 1's next season and a 3rd, 4th, 5th,and 2 6ths in the 2012 draft.....

well....see ya tomorrow everybody!
icon10.gif

And then with the pats first pick in the 2nd they grab a 5'9 injury prone corner. Could this board handle that?

would be very funny if the vikings just kept trading down one spot

Here it comes, BB needs to bring in another big haul of talent like 2010

They can draft Kalil @ 4 since they have the 4th pick, not the 7th.

I was discussing their potential trade back with Jacksonville. I do know how to suck eggs, no need to teach me.

would be very funny if the vikings just kept trading down one spot

Would be funny if the vikes let the clock run out without making a pick.
It's happened before :p

10 min a round..should be 5...colts will prob waste all 10 min

The booing of goodell. Lol.

Let's go!!!!!

If it takes more then 1min for the Colts to select Luck, well f' them...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST