PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Official NFL Draft Day 1 thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
On a side note... i think i came out of the draft with a similar/better draft than the bengals i had kirkpatrick and decastro they got kirkpatrick and zeitler

well drafted bengals

Ninko isn't going anywhere. Our LB depth is as solid as anybody's now.

ninko was good for us. i like him we should keep him. Guyton though??? ugh thank god he went to miami did not like him at all.

So I am guessing in a 3-4 it will be Jones and Hightower outside and Spikes and Mayo inside. In a four man front, it will be Jones kicked to DE and Mayo and Hightower outside and Spikes inside and Spikes coming off the field in sub packages.

Exactly. Looking like a return to prominence for the defense.

The Ravens board is mad at us. Seems like they saw Hightower as the next Ray Lewis! oh well :)

And after we jumped them for Gronk they must really hate us..... oh and the whole afccg thing.

IN BB WE TRUST< WHAT A DAY, well worth staying up until 3:35am for YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS

I don't understand getting Hightower unless were planning to move Spikes or Mayo. Also with only 2 picks left the Patriots will probably trade them to the future or later in the draft which means we will probably miss out on a lot of talent.

I was looking at hightower all along because Spikes is going to be a headache when his deal comes up. Hightower is without question one of the 10 best football players in this draft and getting him is huge, patriot fans are going to love how much he brings to the table. This is the best first round for immediate impact that I can remember, Jones is more of a project but could be great by year 2, and Hightower is going to contribute from day 1 and be a star. Guess the haters are going to have to pipe down because this was what everyone has wanted for over a decade.

HAHA suck it ratbirds. Just give me Janoris Jenkins who will be straightened out by the great BB and we are literally SET.

Last edited:
Dont'a Hightower was the leader and captain of the best defense in college football. Quality pick for the Patriots, and thank god they had the guts to jump the Ravens.

so back down to reality guys..... we have not one pick after the 2nd round. none for the 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, or 7th..... Idk how i feel about that. somebody please make me feel better lol.

Found this at JI lol

I hate the Pats more than any team in professional sports, been on record as saying I'd rather root for the Iraqi Republican Guard over them.

But I think Hightower is just an in-your-face, mean, nasty, tough, wood-laying, plain and simple football player. Actually thought Rex was going to take him in a surprise.

Pats got a good player.

Mods, feel free to dump.

IN BB WE TRUST< WHAT A DAY, well worth staying up until 3:35am for YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS
you serious? go to bed boy, it's only the draft.

Hightower isn't great in pass..but i still like him and jones..jets fans aren't too happy :D:D

I have read reports that say he has a great understanding of playing zone pass D.

This bonanza reminds me of Wilfork. The Pats had more than a little good luck tonight.

Rest of the draft is gravy.

I am shocked and amazed by the Pats 1st round!
Chandler Jones and Donta Hightower?
I never dreamed this would happen!
2 stud linebackers in the 1st round for the Pats?

Not only THAT. But the Pats TRADED UP to get them! Which shows me that BB really believes in these guys.

I guess the fans who have been begging for linebackers for the past years are finally happy!

The Pats defense might take the step to the next level in 2012! More versatility and talent at LBer. You want passrushers? Here you go! :)

Last edited:
The whole ESPN crew was high on Hightower (no pun intended) and from what i've seen he's a beast and so is Jones.

Called this Perry to the Packers pick. I just thought we'd still be at 27 :p

So what picks do we have left? Did we trade away both of our seconds?

Traded out the 3rd and 4th, still have both second rd picks.

With all the picks over the past 3 years it seems BB wanted quality over quantity. and saw the opprotunity to get guys he felt strongly about.

Cunningham better be ready to being it if he wants to earn a roster spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes