PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL Coaching News: They didn't even wait until Black Monday to start the beheadings

Just thought I'd toss out 2 quick items. First, an opinion:

The Green Bay job is being wildly overrated.

Second, something that should have potential HCs thinking about the team they might be choosing:

This year's draft doesn't have high-level QB prospects, and the first three teams picking (Cardinals, 49ers, Jets) aren't going to be in the market for a QB. So, that leaves probably no more than 1 prospect of high draft value in a down year, and the first NFL team on the board with even potential interest sitting at #4, with the teams at 5-7 also likely looking at the QB position.

So, choosing a team without a QB is a very risky move in 2019, and waiting until the 2020 season might be a better alternative.

You guys are nuts talking about Bortles. Forget last season, have you seen him playing this year (and any other except last year)?

The packers job is not appealing, prima donna QB with a high cap #. If I were a team I don't know that I would hire Josh after what he did to the Colts.

Over under on Josh or Brian leaving?
Flores leaves - I think - if teams are serious about having him as a HC rather than an interview to satisfy the rule.

Josh has been a weirder dude and it really seems to me that he is waiting in the wings. Does that all change if Brady goes before BB ? Hard to tell.

Flores : 50/50
Josh : 10/90 (he stays)

Update on McDaniels Green Bay media news outlets claim it's Mcdnaiels Job unless he turns it down.
It be a far move for his family so we will see but It makes sense if he is planning on spreading his wings away from BB.
Now we wait to see if he takes the job.
Flores maybe a Rooney rule candidate or maybe they lure him there as DC.
I wonder what Flores's contract really says about what he is in NE. NE can block him from moving if it's a lateral move.

The packers job is not appealing, prima donna QB with a high cap #. If I were a team I don't know that I would hire Josh after what he did to the Colts.
Wonder if he is regretting the decision to turn down Indy?

Wonder if he is regretting the decision to turn down Indy?
I wouldn't be regretting that decision: that team is still closer to being the worst in the division than it is to being the best, and the owner is still the owner.

I wonder what Flores's contract really says about what he is in NE. NE can block him from moving if it's a lateral move.
I have no inside knowledge but my belief is he can go somewhere else to be a DC. Unless he has serious financial problems or problem with BB or needs a huge pay raise, I can't imagine why he would leave for a DC job.

The Green Bay job is being wildly overrated.
+1 on this. It seems the term, “Green Bay is a historic franchise”, has become synonymous with, “Green Bay is a well run franchise”. The latter has simply not been true for the better part of Rodgers’ career.

+1 on this. It seems the term, “Green Bay is a historic franchise”, has become synonymous with, “Green Bay is a well run franchise”. The latter has simply not been true for the better part of Rodgers’ career.
The GM who signed Rogers to that crazy extension had to choose between Rogers and Mike McCarthy. Of course he choose they QB he gave all that money to.

The NFL Coaching Carousel

Bengals - Marvin Lewis - Fired
Dolphins - Adam Gase - Fired
Packers - Mike McCarthy - Fired
Broncos - Vance Joseph - Fired
Buccaneers - Dirk Koetter - Fired
NY Jets - Todd Bowles - Fired
Browns - Hue Jackson - Fired -
Cardinals - Steve Wilks - Fired

Half the teams not in the play-offs are changing their head coaches..

Plus numerous Asst. Coaches have been given the heave.

Really hope that the talk of the exodus from the Patriots was just that..

Maybe I'm late to this party but the Bengals have requested a interview with Josh Mcdaniels.
In what universe does he leave the Patriots for the Andy Dalton led Bengals.

Maybe I'm late to this party but the Bengals have requested a interview with Josh Mcdaniels.
In what universe does he leave the Patriots for the Andy Dalton led Bengals.
Well, he'd be going back to his home state of Ohio and acquiring unparalleled job security, getting sixteen years to win a playoff game.

Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Back