PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL Coaching News: They didn't even wait until Black Monday to start the beheadings

Bad look by the cardinals here

Did the GM keep his job over wilks? The personnel at OL is one of the worst in the league. He gave Sam Bradford 20 mil and moved up to grab what turned out to be the worst qb in the first round.

Got it they fired Wilks after one season.
Going to be hard to get a good coach unless they throw a ton of cash and power.
Supposedly offered both to Mccarthy.

McCarthy’s no fool. Mayfield or Rosen? Full control or not he’d have to be a moron to take the zona job.

I wish teams were not allowed to interview assistants while their teams are still in the playoffs. And, if they want to make it fair for assistants not to miss the coaching carousel, how about ruling that nobody can start interviewing for a new head coach until the day after the Super Bowl?

Did the GM keep his job over wilks? The personnel at OL is one of the worst in the league. He gave Sam Bradford 20 mil and moved up to grab what turned out to be the worst qb in the first round.
You can’t judge Rosen by part of one year in a bad team. He and darnold has pretty similar years.

I miss Rex Ryan. Makes a typical AFC east victory that much better.
Rex takes the job with the Jets:
"I'm not coming here to kiss Belichick's rings, I can tell you that."

Rex takes the job with the Bills:
"You have not been to the playoffs in like a 100 years or something like that but let me tell you, we are going."

Rex takes the job with the Dolphins:
"We may never get to another Super Bowl or nothing like that, but we are getting Ace Ventura 3, I'll promis you that."

Last edited:
Rex takes the job with the Jets:
"I'm not coming here to kiss Belichick's rings, I can tell you that."

Rex takes the job with the Bills:
"You have not been to the playoffs is a 100 years or something like that but let me tell you, we are going."

Rex takes the job with the Dolphins:
"We may never get to another Super Bowl or nothing, but we are getting Ace Ventura 3, I'll promis you that."
Starring Adam Sandler because Jim Carrey refuses.

McDaniels should see all these teams fire their coaches after a few seasons.
He either takes Packers takes Browns or stays Pat.
None of the other jobs look tempting lasting commitment and loyalty is hard to come by in the NFL.
He seems to value that more than most.
Flores on the other hand seems like he's ready to be the guy.
Not hearing about any reservations or wanting to learn or family tieng him down I believe he is gone with anybody offering him a head gig.
I think he'd be real good in Cincinnati he has a swagger that commands respect.

Exactly.(except that last part about Rosen) Everyone knew that was a 3-4 win team to begin with this year

Last edited:
You can’t judge Rosen by part of one year in a bad team. He and darnold has pretty similar years.

True. He can make a turnaround like Goff did year 2. Hopefully they give him an actual OL before he becomes David Carr #2.

Speaking of Carr if hes not Grudens guy Mayocks relationship with BB could put Carr right in our lap.
Id also take a flier on Bortles since the Brass thought so highly of him and see if we can fix him.
Remember we had him rated the number one Qb in that draft over Jimmy G.

Packers and Browns interviewing Saints Dan Campbell.
Packers are expected to interview 15 plus candidates.
Someone could take it as they arent very serious about me as being their guy just a guy.
That bodes well for retaining one of our 2 coordinators.

Speaking of Carr if hes not Grudens guy Mayocks relationship with BB could put Carr right in our lap.
Id also take a flier on Bortles since the Brass thought so highly of him and see if we can fix him.
His talent is undeniable. I think BB would do wonders for him. Not sure how he would take to hard coaching. Thats the key to surviving as a Qb here.

Carr is slotted to make $ 22.5 million next year.

Carr just fnished getting his guaranteed money, so he is very cuttable $2.5 in dead money $20 mil in cap savings if they designate him a post June 1 cut.

Bortles is slotted to make $21 million next year

Bortles is going to get cut and the jags are going to have to eat $16.5 mil in dead money but they save $4.5 mil on the cap.

Bottom line, they both might get cut, I wouldn't trade foe either one of those contracts, but once on the market, I would sign Carr over Bortles, but I bet Bortles would be a decent back-up QB. I think he has more upside than Hoyer, just not at $21 mill a year.

So who gets Mike Tomlin??:confused:Nevermind.

Carr is slotted to make $ 22.5 million next year.

Carr just fnished getting his guaranteed money, so he is very cuttable $2.5 in dead money $20 mil in cap savings if they designate him a post June 1 cut.

Bortles is slotted to make $21 million next year

Bortles is going to get cut and the jags are going to have to eat $16.5 mil in dead money but they save $4.5 mil on the cap.

Bottom line, they both might get cut, I wouldn't trade foe either one of those contracts, but once on the market, I would sign Carr over Bortles, but I bet Bortles would be a decent back-up QB. I think he has more upside than Hoyer, just not at $21 mill a year.

I
would like Pick 6 Bottles too let him learn from the GOAT even if it's for a year. Don't see anybody knocking his doors off.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back