PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL Coaching News: They didn't even wait until Black Monday to start the beheadings

Well, Tannenbaum was moved out and Ross bumped Chris Grier to GM. Chris is Bobbys kid and was here when Tuna was here so there may be some like-minded thinking between he and Josh ?

I did not know Chris Grier was made the Dolphins GM. He's a Holliston kid. His brother Mike played ice hockey for Saint Seb's and played in the NHL. Chris Grier was in the front office when Pete Carroll was here. I guess we can expect Tannehill to throw on 4th & Goal next season.

Always nice to have an excuse to post this:

Pete Carroll.jpg

I did not know Chris Grier was made the Dolphins GM. He's a Holliston kid. His brother Mike played ice hockey for Saint Seb's and played in the NHL. Chris Grier was in the front office when Pete Carroll was here. I guess we can expect Tannehill to throw on 4th & Goal next season.

View attachment 22041
I remember Mike. Played for Jackie at BU.

I don't like Gregg Williams at all, but he deserves the Browns job after seeing the way the players responded to him. Maybe it's just the absence of Hue.

View attachment 22041
Dolphins reportedly are moving on from Tannenhill.
Supposedly some players have let their frustration with Gase and Tannenhill leak.
Tannenhill appearantly told those close to him he wouldn't be back.

I don't like Gregg Williams at all, but he deserves the Browns job after seeing the way the players responded to him. Maybe it's just the absence of Hue.
Lurking on Browns boards the consensus thinks he's too unpredictable and that ownership thinks he's a loose cannon and not a person who can be counted on to be the same guy.
Tempers mood swings stuff like that.
Makes sense why you wouldn't want to make a guy like that the main boss.

Dolphins reportedly are moving on from Tannenhill.
Supposedly some players have let their frustration with Gase and Tannenhill leak.
Tannenhill appearantly told those close to him he wouldn't be back.
Ross said he has been reassigned. That means he is free to find a job so he doesn't have to pay the rest of his deal .

Until then he is SVP of coffee.

Deserves?? No way.

That would be a bigger mistake than hiring Hue.

No they need to stop messing w awful retreads who aren't that good in their own field of expertise. It would be shame to see that team wasted on Williams.

I’m not surprised McDaniels is interviewing with the Packers; I would be surprised if he takes the job there. It would be a mistake if he did.

If McDaniels didn’t already know it, Matt Patricia’ 1st season only reaffirmed the fact that the Patriot Way or even a hybrid version of it is not going to work in one of these podunk towns where the media and fans hype their players to rock star status.

Any coach who takes that Packers’ job and tries to subordinate Rodgers to their authority will fail before they even start.

I'm all in on Gase coming here to replace Josh as OC.

I take this to mean Josh is buying dinner for Aaron Rodgers, aka "The Best QB in the NFL to Miss the Playoffs Two Years in a Row and Counting." McDaniels should keep his khakis packed.

Or meditate it away.

If we do loose either Flores or McDaniels. Would we go from within and promote? Or do we go looking for guys to come in?

I’m not.
I like Gase's philosophy (taking best of breed from different offensive systems, QB friendly, not an egomaniac like Martz) but they need a EP guy.

I like Gase's philosophy (taking best of breed from different offensive systems, QB friendly, not an egomaniac like Martz) but they need a EP guy.

Yup. No need to switch our system not only this late in Brady’s career but for the eventual replacement either.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back