PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL Coaching News: They didn't even wait until Black Monday to start the beheadings

Josh McDaniels is not going anywhere. Appearances have to be kept especially with the Rooney rule foolishly applying even in instances where a HC or GM is promoted from within an organization.

Do any if you really believe Bob Kraft risked the wrath of his fellow owners and paid McDaniels HC money just to come back here for one season? McDaniels is only 42 years old and knows his best chance of succeeding as a HC is with an owner and fan base that will allow him to run things the Patriot Way. That’s only going to be found here in NE. McDaniels and Caserio are the successors, and I’m pretty sure there’s an understanding among all parties as to when the torch will be passed.

As for Brian Flores, let us hope Eric Mangini’s fate serves as a cautionary tale.

Yes and Gase didn't have enough people to buy into his program.
What????????
Are you now saying his players mutinied against him?

I didn't say he needed a perfect situation. He needed a stable one with strong ownership and a competent GM. Any coach who doesn't have that fails.
So your argument is gase was destined to fail and no coach would have succeeded in his place?
Seriously?
Many successful teams do not have “strong ownership” and “competent GM” is a weak argument. Anyone who fails can blame the gm.

Not really. You forgot the Cutler disaster in 2017 and Landry not on the team in 2018 and the Ajayi injury/trade in 2017.
Cutler was gase’s personal choice.
Landry was being misused anyway.
Gases relationship with ajayi contributed.
Drake filled the void when ajayi left with 80 yards per game.
I mean if naming a few challenges excuses a coach from failing no coach has ever failed.

Success/ failure is a fact. I get that is the name of the game in the NFL. I live it every day. But when failure happens I don't say that person sucks and fire them until I understand why failure occured and make an informed decision so corrective action will create realistic success. Stephen Ross does not have that capacity.
Come on. How do you know what Steven Ross is capable of. You are just bullshitting now.
An informed analysis of Gase says he failed at his responsibilities.

Did he really think they were a playoff team? What is he smoking? No wonder why ****ty teams are always ****ty.
He hired gase expecting him to put his imprint on this team and make it better. He did not.
Why shouldn’t they be a playoff team? They were 7-6 then lost their last 3 to non playoff teams by a combined score of 100-41. They would have been 10-6 if they won those games, and they didn’t show up.
They also list to losing teams Green Bay, Detroit and Cincinnati. They were 1-7 on the road. They These are coaching issues.

The facts is the Dolphins were 7-9. They had 34 year old starting RB, WR4 with the NEP as their WR1. 134 games lost to IR and except for a couple of players are dearth talent on D and have a jammed cap. But in your world Gase didn't win so he is a ****ty coach and deserved to be fired.
He is a bad coach. But again your argument that he is good is to accept failure but make excuses to abandon any responsibility.

There is more to it.

Its a fact that team that flip their coaches every 2-3 years are consistent losers. Why? Crappy ownership and FO.
That’s a lot of assumption.
The fact is that many teams are turned around by hiring the right coach.

What????????
Are you now saying his players mutinied against him?
Where are you getting mutiny from what I said? In DA, Bolden etc he was trying to get the right guys in. Just ran out of time.

So your argument is gase was destined to fail and no coach would have succeeded in his place?
Seriously?
Many successful teams do not have “strong ownership” and “competent GM” is a weak argument. Anyone who fails can blame the gm.

With Ross and Tannenbaum the likelihood of success would have been less. They suck.

Cutler was gase’s personal choice.
Landry was being misused anyway.
Gases relationship with ajayi contributed.
Drake filled the void when ajayi left with 80 yards per game.
I mean if naming a few challenges excuses a coach from failing no coach has ever failed.
He had no choice with Cutler.
landry was not misused.
Drake is not a full time back.

Come on. How do you know what Steven Ross is capable of. You are just bullshitting now.
An informed analysis of Gase says he failed at his responsibilities.

Seriously? Look at who hes hired. Philbin. Sporano. Tannenbaum. Awful....

He hired gase expecting him to put his imprint on this team and make it better. He did not. Why shouldn’t they be a playoff team? They were 7-6 then lost their last 3 to non playoff teams by a combined score of 100-41. They would have been 10-6 if they won those games, and they didn’t show up.
They also list to losing teams Green Bay, Detroit and Cincinnati. They were 1-7 on the road. They These are coaching issues.

An NFL season is ebbs and flows. Look at every team. Passing judgement on 3 games is crap.

He is a bad coach. But again your argument that he is good is to accept failure but make excuses to abandon any responsibility.

I never said he was good. I said he is not 100% at fault and he was railroaded. At 23-25 jury is still out.

That’s a lot of assumption.
The fact is that many teams are turned around by hiring the right coach.
...and many teams still suck (like Miami) because they churn through coaches because their owners/GM are clueless.

Teams that hired coaches and still suck.

BUF
NYJ
MIA
TN
DET
JAX
DEN
OAK
WASH
NYG
TB
AZ
SFO

Many of the coaches for the teams above I think are good coaches who have crap owners, crap GMs or crappy personnel. in your world, by default that makes them crappy coaches.

From Page 1 of the thread,

I'd be careful about wishing Rex back into the division. He's the ONLY coach in the AFC East that's given us real problems over the last 10 years (outside games @ Miami). He's far from the idiot that most people have him out to be.

Miami hired Gase to aid in the development of tannehill. What they didn’t see coming was tannehill missing both parts (16,18) and all of 17 with injuries.

I'd be careful about wishing Rex back into the division. He's the ONLY coach in the AFC East that's given us real problems over the last 10 years (outside games @ Miami). He's far from the idiot that most people have him out to be.
uh...having 4 years to institute ANY kind of offensive attack while fielding a lights out defense is THE definition of idiocy.

did anyone read the NY Post Sports section today (Tuesday)..the Jet propaganda is STAGGERINGLY ridiculous. Citng the Cubs and Red Curses the conclusion is...(wait for it)....2019 is THE JETS CHAMPIONSHIP YEAR! I mean...I just can't take it anymore...somebody please blow this franchise up to smithereens. It has jumped 10,000 sharks...

https://nypost.com/2019/01/01/jets-brass-this-is-good-landing-spot-for-coaching-candidates/

https://nypost.com/2018/12/31/jets-ceo-to-coach-candidates-you-can-be-freaking-legend/

"
The coach and general manager will both be equals and report to Johnson, as was the case with Bowles and Maccagnan. Johnson said the Jets will not consider a coach who wants total control.

“I think that that would be the wrong person for the job, and it’s off the table,” Johnson said.

Johnson said previous head-coaching experience is not a must but would not hurt. He also said they are open to hiring a college coach. A plan for developing Darnold is a must.

As of Monday, there were eight head-coaching openings in the NFL, creating a competitive situation. Johnson said he views the Jets as a “good landing spot” with Darnold in place, $100 million in cap space and the No. 3-overall pick in the draft.

He also said New York is a selling point.

“If you make it here, you’re a freaking legend,” Johnson said. “That counts for something.”

Uh..not when you're already a LEGEND in the art of SUCKING, azzhat...

Where are you getting mutiny from what I said? In DA, Bolden etc he was trying to get the right guys in. Just ran out of time.

With Ross and Tannenbaum the likelihood of success would have been less. They suck.

He had no choice with Cutler.
landry was not misused.
Drake is not a full time back.

Seriously? Look at who hes hired. Philbin. Sporano. Tannenbaum. Awful....

An NFL season is ebbs and flows. Look at every team. Passing judgement on 3 games is crap.

I never said he was good. I said he is not 100% at fault and he was railroaded. At 23-25 jury is still out.

...and many teams still suck (like Miami) because they churn through coaches because their owners/GM are clueless.

Teams that hired coaches and still suck.

BUF
NYJ
MIA
TN
DET
JAX
DEN
OAK
WASH
NYG
TB
AZ
SFO

Many of the coaches for the teams above I think are good coaches who have crap owners, crap GMs or crappy personnel. in your world, by default that makes them crappy coaches.
I’m just going to stop here because the excuse keep growing in volume and silliness.

did anyone read the NY Post Sports section today (Tuesday)..the Jet propaganda is STAGGERINGLY ridiculous. Citng the Cubs and Red Curses the conclusion is...(wait for it)....2019 is THE JETS CHAMPIONSHIP YEAR! I mean...I just can't take it anymore...somebody please blow this franchise up to smithereens. It has jumped 10,000 sharks...

https://nypost.com/2019/01/01/jets-brass-this-is-good-landing-spot-for-coaching-candidates/

https://nypost.com/2018/12/31/jets-ceo-to-coach-candidates-you-can-be-freaking-legend/

"
The coach and general manager will both be equals and report to Johnson, as was the case with Bowles and Maccagnan. Johnson said the Jets will not consider a coach who wants total control.

“I think that that would be the wrong person for the job, and it’s off the table,” Johnson said.

Johnson said previous head-coaching experience is not a must but would not hurt. He also said they are open to hiring a college coach. A plan for developing Darnold is a must.

As of Monday, there were eight head-coaching openings in the NFL, creating a competitive situation. Johnson said he views the Jets as a “good landing spot” with Darnold in place, $100 million in cap space and the No. 3-overall pick in the draft.

He also said New York is a selling point.

“If you make it here, you’re a freaking legend,” Johnson said. “That counts for something.”

Uh..not when you're already a LEGEND in the art of SUCKING, azzhat...
Hoenstly all his points are valid.
Big Market possible young stud QB a ton of cap and willing to spend high draft picks.
Let's not forget the constant whispers of the Patriots being done with their run.
All this makes for a good selling point.

Big Market possible young stud QB a ton of cap and willing to spend high draft picks.
Let's not forget the constant whispers of the Patriots being done with their run.
heh...right. except for that pesky "boy who cried 'selling point'" franchise history...but keep raising your fear level, someday the Jete may actually win a Super Bowl...you'll probably be using a bedpan with a catheter but I'm sure you'll finally be terrified

High draft pick, singular. That trade just keeps getting better for Indy.

Jim Bob Cooter out in Detroit, as per Yahoo Sports.

Maybe Quinn & MP finally tired of not being able to mention his name without bursting into laughter all of the time.

I’m just going to stop here because the excuse keep growing in volume and silliness.

If you had no interest in analyzing the Gase firing you never should have debated me. Just saying "he sucks because he didn't win " is a waste of time.

If you had no interest in analyzing the Gase firing you never should have debated me. Just saying "he sucks because he didn't win " is a waste of time.
But of course you know that isn’t the case.

My $0.02:

The issue with the Doophins isn’t Idiot Tannenbaum or Proven Nothing Gase, but at the top of the organization, their owner is a jackass with a serious Daniel Snyder complex, always looking for new bright shiny toys and wondering why they don’t work there.

Oh and since we’re discussing the Fins, F Shula and his 2-4 Super Bowl record, including getting his ass outcoached by Eubanks

The owner might actually be interested in Wrecks Ryan. That would be great to see.

As for Shula, the two SBs he won with Miami were a direct result of the 1970 tampering violation that got Shula and the Fins a lost 1st round draft pick and a huge fine. Shula forgot that fact when he became the original Asterjerk in 2007.

He's good for some laughs though.

Latest rumblings after McDaniels interview the Packers fly to interview the Saints Dan Campbell.
Will also still try to court Northwesterns Fitzgerald however it will be damn tough to get him to leave his Alma mater in a city he loves to coach a team he rooted against being a Bears fan.
If the Packers pull that off they will have to make him higher paid than Gruden in my opinion.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Back