PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NE @ KC AFCCG rewatch thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
That was a play in which Sutton adjusted by having Sorensen bracket Edelman. You could see his eyes at the snap. That was Edelman all the way and Sorensen had come down to take Edelman. When that happened, he vacated the spot that Gronk was in. One on one vs Berry was a clear win. McDaniels and Brady in essence anticipated what Sutton was gojng to do and the result was profit.

Just as Dan Orlovsky described.

Thanks for posting...I think this one deserves it's own thread...One of the best post game celebrations I've seen.

Brady and Gronk go through that in one of the behind the scenes videos @Wheelman posted in the postgame thread:

I hope this doesn't get buried in the other thread because this is literally the best locker room videos we have ever gotten. Uncut, raw none of this overproduced Patriots stuff.

It includes a couple of cool nuggets like the OL talking a few words about Suh, Hoyer talking with Slater about the coin flip and how Slater stuck with heads even though he was losing most of the flips this year and then this Brady Gronk scene at around 3:22. Apparently Brady literally told Gronk to "torch them".

Maybe it deserves its own thread even. The only reason I posted it here was because of the connection to the short nugget on Gronk.

Yup. That’s where I saw it. ESPN needs to have him do film breakdowns mich more often than he does. He’s great.

Put him in on MNF with Romo.. that would be sick. At the very least, replace Witten with him.

Yup. That’s where I saw it. ESPN needs to have him do film breakdowns mich more often than he does. He’s great.

And the absurd thing is that Romo did all of this live while it was happening. Just doing presnap reads as if he was still playing.

And the absurd thing is that Romo did all of this live while it was happening. Just doing presnap reads as if he was still playing.

I just rewatched the OT, and Romo pretty much called every single play. It was phenomenal. I don't think an analyst has ever made such a strong impression on me. I love when he's calling games.

That’s the one thing I’ve agreed with Screamin A. on - Romo called the best game I’ve ever heard yesterday.

Any chance Brady knew Ford was offside(saw flag in corner of eye) before throwing INT?

That first catch by Edelman was the same action that got Dorsett his TD against SD. Edelman motions in, and by snapping the ball at the moment he passes behind Dorsett, it causes confusion as to who picks up who. Last week they both followed Edelman, this week Dorsett. So simple.

Imagine being a CB covering Edelman man-to-man split out wide. Here's a list of what you have to think about as Edelman goes in motion.

Split out at the widest, the normal concerns you'd have for an outside receiver.
A few steps in, that's when Brady can throw the bubble screen.
Crossing behind Dorsett, you must properly communicate with the CB covering Dorsett as to who has who.
Approaching TE, Edelman's good at the crackback block.
Approaching Brady, Jet Sweep alert!
Going past OL: Wheel routes and the screen the other way.

Dude must be a headache to prepare for.

Love Baldingers breakdowns

• Agree
Reactions: ALP
Brady and Gronk go through that in one of the behind the scenes videos @Wheelman posted in the postgame thread:

I hope this doesn't get buried in the other thread because this is literally the best locker room videos we have ever gotten. Uncut, raw none of this overproduced Patriots stuff.

It includes a couple of cool nuggets like the OL talking a few words about Suh, Hoyer talking with Slater about the coin flip and how Slater stuck with heads even though he was losing most of the flips this year and then this Brady Gronk scene at around 3:22. Apparently Brady literally told Gronk to "torch them".

Maybe it deserves its own thread even. The only reason I posted it here was because of the connection to the short nugget on Gronk.

****ing spectacular video. A Steeler fan commented on it on Boomer & Gio this morning. Said he wanted TB and Co to win the next 10SBs just to show Roethlisberger et al what it’s really about.

Great job by Baldy . great tribute to Pats players . great tribute to NE office, scouting department for sticking with finding and bringing smart players above all - great tribute to coaches for coaching up what the outside world describes as “JAGs“ into the best January football players..

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: PP2
Here is Baldy on that one:

It is obviously a great play by Ragland and also good coaching by Sutton. But do you really want to even attempt the throw given how Gronk really was not open ? Eh. I guess that might be nitpicking. I dont know.

Its 3rd&goal, you're on the road vs explosive O, you have D playing great, you have Gronk 1 on 1 (as far as he could see as Baldy says) which means he is open . i think you throw it.
Q1 turnovers are not too significant..

It is not the most confident, nimble throw though. Tommy was not even close to his throwing zone in the first half so for that reason this possibly was a risky throw..

Great job of hide&seek by Ragland & DC.

Its 3rd&goal, you're on the road vs explosive O, you have D playing great, you have Gronk 1 on 1 (as far as he could see as Baldy says) which means he is open . i think you throw it.
Its not like Q1 turnovers are too significant..

It is not the most confident, nimble throw though. Tommy was not even close to his throwing zone in the first half so for that reason this possibly was a risky throw..

Great job of hide&seek by Ragland & DC.

It is like BB said a few weeks ago in a press conference. I will not second guess the decision making of Brady. He made the best call he thought he could do on the field.

Initially it looked far worse than it ended up being. As usual.

I think there are a lot of throws that Brady makes that aren't based on him seeing someone running open as much as film study and timing. Like those back-shoulder throws, or like the miracle Edelman catch in the Atlanta Super Bowl. There was never a moment when Edelman "looked" open but film study suggested that you could throw the ball into a tiny window before the safeties closed and the CB trailing him would 99% not turn his head. As it happened, this time the CB turned his head, tipped the ball and four people had a chance at catching it.

The same thing would be the case on the 1 yard INT. It's assumed that the fake pulls in the LB enough that you could throw over him. This one time the LB recovered and made a play.

I'm curious as to what dictated the late switch from Michel to Burkhead. After Rex was stopped on the 4th and 1 I was against him playing again but then he redeemed himself at the end of the game. Did the Pats feel they were too run predictable when Michel was in the game or did his pass blocking seem suspect?

Not nearly enough credit goes to Pats pass rush.

Its amazing how everybody just goes by the names. Going into LAC game everyone talks about great LAC pass rush forgetting that Pats annihilated Bosa and Ingram before. Like they did with Mack, Von Miller etc etc every time they had healthy OL & Scar. Going into this game everyone talked about KC pass rush and no one mentions Patriots who are among most consistent and productive pass rush units over the second part of the season just bc they don't have big names (even though they actually have #1 DE in the league at the moment).

Remember endless posts&threads thrashing Pats pass rush? For those willing to look at film it was there all along - not in the form & fashion it is now but solid enough for most part of the season. Of course people prefer salivating over top FA/Draft rushers and express their frustrations when Pats bring JAGs like Lawrence Guy, KVN or John Simon..

Yesterday to me the best unit was actually Pats pass rush packages combined with creative run stopping already shown in this thread. They went against hottest QB & most explosive O in the league with solid OL. It was a great outing by players but the thing to really admire is the design. I thought they would use more blitzes again . instead it was just an amazing pass rush orchestration & execution.

Here a short sequence of PATS PASS RUSH SYMPHONY full of exchanges, fakes, delays . without ever losing the edge mostly rushing Mahomes back deep. Unfortunatelly no slo-mo here to enjoy it more . but look at the beauty 4 man rush (3rd in the sequence) with Hightower - Guy - Flowers - Simon line up: High and Simon pushing the pocket inside (each 2 big guys!), Guy and Flowers coming around the outside from inside positions free - and look at Guy never overrushing it, keeping the edge and making a big play..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back