PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NE@DEN REWATCH thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thank you.. any chance the pre-snap is available or are you working with what footage you were able to get your hands on?

Thank you.. any chance the pre-snap is available or are you working with what footage you were able to get your hands on?

I got those clips from the r/patriots link. I have downloaded the broadcast film. At some point I will find make a completion of all plays referenced with alternative angles. I want to do it for @Tony2046 post as well. I just don't have time right now, and I want to wait until we get more of the requests.

I got those clips from the r/patriots link. I have downloaded the broadcast film. At some point I will find make a completion of all plays referenced with alternative angles. I want to do it for @Tony2046 post as well. I just don't have time right now, and I want to wait until we get more of the requests.

I'll do it when the all-22 comes out. I've been tagged in youtube a couple of times when using the broadcast footage so want to avoid using that.

The OP mentioned Develin and Zack Cox of NESN posted these pics of him in this last drive of the first half. What an absolute wrecking machine.

IMG_20171114_052707.jpg IMG_20171114_052709.jpg IMG_20171114_052711.jpg IMG_20171114_052712.jpg

Seems like both gameplans the last 2 years the Pats have had the same type of gameplan: draw Miller out into coverage as much as humanly possible and give JD the chance at some eastern directional 5-10 us completions. I love it. Sort of like the new Sam Gash out there.

It looks like we did steal a page from Philly's playbook as far as dealing with Miller.

Seems like both gameplans the last 2 years the Pats have had the same type of gameplan: draw Miller out into coverage

I found a cool reddit post on r/patriots about just that.

"Von Miller only was dropping back into coverage on 4.5 percent of passing snaps heading into Week 10. He dropped into coverage 40% of passing snaps last night. What the hell?"

This was in the comments:

"3:08 in Vonn Miller's press conference. He explains how the Patriots kept him in coverage... Absolutely epic game planning and execution by the Patriot's staff and players."

I posted the presser to streamable so we could listen to Miller's impression of what we did to him.

I have to say I have much more respect for Miller after listening to that whole thing.

Add Derek Wolfe taking steroids in 2015 to the long list of unfortunate circumstances that season. He was absolutely invisible Sunday.

Lombardi's great stuff on attacking adjustments to the defence (30:00):
'GM Street' — Week 10 Rapid Reactions (Ep. 182)

“This is what makes Patriots so effective - they know the D of DEN better than Broncos.. The first TD pass that Burkhead came underneath . they know that guy is man to man . but when Gronk runs up the field he takes two defenders with him . and LB once he gets to 10yds stops and turns back bc he's turning him over to the S (they're not tripling Gronk just doubling).. Patriots know that he's carrying him for 10 so they run him for 10 and by that time Burkhead's crossed the middle and the middle is wide open.. So what they are doing is attacking the adjustment to the coverage.

... Josh McD knows Vance Joseph's D as well as VJ knows it. That's what it means being successful on the offense . not only to know the D /of the opponent/ but know the adjustments to the D..“

BTW - when you'll be doing La Waddle you can include above clip showing the help he was getting (great Develin chip block) and Lombardi was talking about in comparison to “coach of the year“ Garrett letting Clayborne abuse backup T Green.

LaW did a great job on his own, not taking anything away from him;)

Here nice article on the subject - and no it was not written yesterday but in 2014..
What ever happened to the chip block?

Last edited:
It looks like we did steal a page from Philly's playbook as far as dealing with Miller. As with Philly, Miller never knew who his blocker was going to be, or where they would be coming from. Can someone post a GFY of that 26 yard pass to Gronk when we were up 27-16? Play action to Lewis, with 2 TE's playisde, release to patterns, Waddle takes inside man, Miller thinks he has a free path but is whammed by Thuney.

Miller never really got into a rhythm.

Did you mean this one?

____

and lets add these on the topic handling Von

Last edited:
Lazar's clips are out - for those who'd like to scroll all here a link:
Evan Lazar (@ezlazar) | Twitter

This first one on first drive 3rd down shows among other things how narrow the margin is hidden even in seemingly seamless wins. This was quite close to being pick 6 for DEN. Instead the next play is muffed punt, recovery followed by two Burkhead's plays for NE TD.

The real re-watch Q is what happened here. Great read and play by Roby by all means. Brady of course anticipates Cooks. The Q is could he avoid this dangerous throw with the way Roby-Cooks duel started to develop?

Goal line look at return TD. Richards is playing so well on ST's this year. I think there might be some development going on with him this season. And look at how fast he runs after he's done blocking . from a standstill (you can see it better in 2nd clip)

lets add previously posted angle:

Last edited:
Marty's stiff arm w his left (almost pulled off by defender there), holding the ball firmly in his right. Which one needs surgery again;)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing