PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NE @ JETS rewatch thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'm done trying to figure out Clayborn. He's pushing upfield like the QB is in a 7 step drop when it's evident that he's going to step up in the pocket. Clayborn gives him a clean, comfortable pocket to step up into even though the other guys win their battles. Result? pitch and catch.

Clayborn gives him a clean, comfortable pocket to step up into even though the other guys win their battles.

Well Butler (70) definitely doesn't win his battle there - with zero pressure up the middle there will generally be room to step up and throw.

I'm done trying to figure out Clayborn. He's pushing upfield like the QB is in a 7 step drop when it's evident that he's going to step up in the pocket. Clayborn gives him a clean, comfortable pocket to step up into even though the other guys win their battles. Result? pitch and catch.

Some of the people were giving Clayborn some slack early in the season because so far in his career he never had as many responsibilities at any stop as he has in NE. But we are past the BYE and he still screws containment up and gets way past the QB.

If this continues his snap count will drop soon again back into the high 20% instead of almost 50%.

Horrible blocking attempt by the LT (Brown or Waddle? I couldn't dvr the game so not sure which). Another one of those whiffs could very well send Brady to the sidelines.

It’s Waddle. You can tell from the hair.

Why was Waddle taking a snap at LT?

He was the extra offensive lineman there. Brown played all snaps.

Waddle basically played "TE" a few plays and if my memory is correct, he struggled. He seems to have regressed a lot because he was decent when BB pulled him off of the scrap pile. Could his issue be conditioning related?

The thing that really bothers me is, by now he has to know when his man is out of position to kick his rush back inside. Very common & something I see watching college tape. No flexibility either so it's speed or bust bc he can't bend.

And yes how many times have we seen a QB just step up undeterred. If Bill is determined to stay w this type of player, approach in terms of edge guys we need to really prioritize the IDL position bc it's been a problem for a minute now.

Waddle basically played "TE" a few plays and if my memory is correct, he struggled. He seems to have regressed a lot because he was decent when BB pulled him off of the scrap pile. Could his issue be conditioning related?
A fat cat, perhaps...if so, you’re going to need to enlist him in your cat conditioning program, Sammy.

No matter how often I refresh, I can only see the top half of this post, so I don't know what the caption reads. If I had to write one for it, I would ask if this play counts as a QB Pressure; because if it does, then we now have more proof of what an over-rated statistic QB Pressures is.

It also provides more proof of how feckin insufficient Butler & Clayborn are.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back