PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NE @ JETS rewatch thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

PP2

Hall of Fame Poster
Reaction score
Welcome to the analysis only thread. No hot takes allowed in here. Plenty of other threads for that.

Please be civil. Feel free to critique the play or disagree, but please don't become personal or start attacking each other. If you attack another poster, your post will be flagged for removal.

Also, this thread is not some sort of "exclusive club." Everyone is welcomed to participate, to post an analytical tweet that's relevant, or to post original analysis, or a clip from the game.

Above all, if you don't understand something, whether it be terminology or concept, etc. Please ask!

Just want to note I’m really looking forward to the analysis from this rewatch and I’ll be doing my best to monitor the thread today. Please, let’s keep discussion to the topic at hand. Thanks everyone!

One thing I’d like someone to look at is Brady when he’s throwing to James White in the flats. The amount of times Brady has dropped it just short of him. Is this because Brady is protecting James White from possible big hits?

Areas of interest for me:
  • Brady against the zone.
  • How they covered White.
  • Obi's responsibilities on defense vs. Chung's responsibilities.

I’m interested in red zone issues as well as whether Brady was not seeing open receivers.

Not sure if this belongs here, but... White has been used so frequently and effectively this year that I’m not at all surprised that defenses are keying on him now. It seems like Brady is still looking at him a little too much based on the coverages and that there are better options elsewhere. My guess is they’ll adjust and then we’ll end up with focus on 11/Gronkowski/Gordon and then we’ll see White become super productive in the passing game again.

Did anyone else notice McCown miss the wide open receiver (I think it was #11, Robby Anderson) on the 3rd and 3 during the Jets' third series? I was screaming at the screen, "Cover him!! Cover him!" and then McCown chucks it downfield, going for the home run instead of picking up the first, which would have likely been in field goal range.

Last edited:
Not sure if this belongs here, but... White has been used so frequently and effectively this year that I’m not at all surprised that defenses are keying on him now. It seems like Brady is still looking at him a little too much based on the coverages and that there are better options elsewhere. My guess is they’ll adjust and then we’ll end up with focus on 11/Gronkowski/Gordon and then we’ll see White become super productive in the passing game again.

Brady had multiple throw aways on passes to White, which of course the "Cliff!" crew called bad passes, so I'm sure they'll address that for adjustments next week.

tenor.gif

There was a lot discussion 2 weeks ago regarding the offensive line. This week featured a return of all five of the original starters. Early in the game they seemed a little bit "off" and committed several penalties but as the game progressed, we were able to witness a great combined rushing effort. hopefully this will continue.

In fact Tom sez:

Why Tom Brady Thinks Running Game Is So Important To Patriots’ Success

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes