PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Most Current Playoff Scenarios

and the patriots barely beat the steelers. the ravens looked like poo in the beginning of the year but it's all about late season momentum. you want to play your best in december and they are doing that

The Ravens went 2-4 down the stretch in 2012 and won the Super Bowl. The 2010 Packers were similar. The whole "you gotta be playing your best football in December" is overrated. It's all about how healthy you are for the playoffs.

The rat birds likely will lose to the jags in the playoffs. They have played crappy teams. I am not afraid of them.

here we go with this ravens ******** again
The Ravens have played a very soft schedule. They’ve played 6 games this season against teams currently better than .500. They lost 5 of those games including two blowouts.

By comparison the Patriots are 4-2 at the moment against winning teams.

I don’t fear teams based on what they did to us years ago.

Ravens stink. Bring them on. And bring on the Steelers and KC too.

I'd prefer not to see Jax or Buffalo.

I'll be confident going into any AFC game. The NFC is strong this year so if we're fortunate to make it to the SB I'll be pooping bricks, per usual.

I'll be confident going into any AFC game. The NFC is strong this year so if we're fortunate to make it to the SB I'll be pooping bricks, per usual.

I don’t want Buf regardless of the outcome this weekend. They have this 2010 Jets vibe to them and we saw how that turned out. Good defense, good running game and IMO well coached. And most importantly... division rival. A tough team.

Pats would do well to slam the door on them in a couple days.

Correct. 6-1 regular season with sub-Brady excellence and 2-2 in the playoffs and those playoff wins were not easy.
That's exactly my why I feel the way I do about it. And both losses were in Gillette and one of the wins was a chip shot missed by Cundiff. Way too close for comfort. LOL

Normally, I have the scenarios dialed in. This year, all of the Team A wins, Team B loses, Team C wins and _____ is making my head spin for some reason. Seems like there's a lot of teams in the AFC that are not dead yet.

I really hope they don't make the playoffs. They are the ONLY team in the AFC that scares me in a situation where NE is playing at home. I hate to see them in any playoff scenario actually.

Why? Ravens last beat the Patriots 5 years ago, and have made the playoffs once since.

I don’t want Buf regardless of the outcome this weekend. They have this 2010 Jets vibe to them and we saw how that turned out. Good defense, good running game and IMO well coached. And most importantly... division rival. A tough team.

Pats would do well to slam the door on them in a couple days.

They scored 3 points against the Patriots at home.

Don't understand why they're 'tough' when they get btfo by 20 at home.

They scored 3 points against the Patriots at home.

Don't understand why they're 'tough' when they get btfo by 20 at home.

The Pats beat the Jets 45-3 and then a few weeks later in the playoffs... the result was quite different.

This Bills team reminds me in a lot of ways about that Jets team. I don’t want them in the playoffs.

The Pats beat the Jets 45-3 and then a few weeks later in the playoffs... the result was quite different.

This Bills team reminds me in a lot of ways about that Jets team. I don’t want them in the playoffs.

Other than 'they both play in the AFC East', I don't see the comparison.

Also, the Patriots lost to the Jets by two touchdowns, in New Jersey, earlier in the year that season. As I stated, the Bills lost by 20 at home, scoring only 3 points.

That Jets team was 6th in points allowed, 3rd in yards allowed, and their offense was 13th in points scored, 11th in yards.

The Bills are 16th in points allowed, 23rd in yards allowed, 23rd in points scored, 29th in yards. Last in passing offense.

Other than 'they both play in the AFC East', I don't see the comparison.

Also, the Patriots lost to the Jets by two touchdowns, in New Jersey, earlier in the year that season. As I stated, the Bills lost by 20 at home, scoring only 3 points.

That Jets team was 6th in points allowed, 3rd in yards allowed, and their offense was 13th in points scored, 11th in yards.

The Bills are 16th in points allowed, 23rd in yards allowed, 23rd in points scored, 29th in yards. Last in passing offense.

And yet they are 8-6. Unlike that Jets team they are very well coached. They appear to be mentally tough. I still don’t want to see them. Division rivals are usually undesireable opponents in the playoffs.

The way I see the next 2 weeks playing out, Baltimore goes to KC in the wild card round. Recent history for both teams is far too strong for me not to expect Baltimore to come out and absolutely destroy them, setting up a trip to Gillette.

Maybe the Patriots would win that game. But we were saying this exact same thing in 2014, except the Ravens hadn't had that mediocre stretch of a few years yet. I strongly believe Flacco is a completely different player in the postseason. Plus, their defense is pretty good (they play man, right? I don't know for sure). The only teams I really see beating NE in the AFC are Jacksonville and Baltimore, although I think there will be a JAX@PIT rematch that ends in some ******** Steelers win.
I let hubris get the best of me in 2014. I expected NE to dust them (hell, I expected '11 Patriots to beat the Giants). Yet they ended up being down 14 TWICE, and Baltimore still had a chance before the Duron Harmon pick. Yeah, I'm not taking any team for granted, and especially not one that has won in NE in the playoffs twice. They, perhaps more than any other team including the Steelers, are always confident coming to Gillette in the playoffs. NE is a banged up team that scraping wins out any way they can, which is a great quality to have. So, I stand with my feeling that I would hate to see them come to Gillette.

With that said, I still think NE would have just enough to get beyond them. Still, I don't want to see them. OH, the one thing I do disagree with is JAX. I don't see Blake Bortles beating a BB/Matty P defense, no matter how banged up we are at the moment.

Reactions: jah
All I'm concerned with right now is the Pats getting HFA! Let Jacksonville and Pittsburgh kill each other in the Divisional round of the playoffs! As for the NFC that will be a complete iron cage bloodbath come January! The playoffs will be extra lit this year!

The next two weeks are really interesting for home field for the NFC South division winner, and presumably for the #4, #5 and #6 slots.

Right now Saints and Panthers are 10-4, Atlanta is 9-5.

Week 16: Falcons at Saints, Bucs at Panthers
Week 17: Saints at Bucs, Panthers at Falcons
Not so fast.

Carolina can lose out and, interestingly enough, Dallas can beat them out for a tiebreaker if they win out. I believe the same goes for the Saints too.

I really hope they don't make the playoffs. They are the ONLY team in the AFC that scares me in a situation where NE is playing at home. I hate to see them in any playoff scenario actually.
What about Jacksonville? They scare me more than Baltimore does (though neither a whole lot).

I let hubris get the best of me in 2014. I expected NE to dust them (hell, I expected '11 Patriots to beat the Giants). Yet they ended up being down 14 TWICE, and Baltimore still had a chance before the Duron Harmon pick. Yeah, I'm not taking any team for granted, and especially not one that has won in NE in the playoffs twice. They, perhaps more than any other team including the Steelers, are always confident coming to Gillette in the playoffs. NE is a banged up team that scraping wins out any way they can, which is a great quality to have. So, I stand with my feeling that I would hate to see them come to Gillette.

With that said, I still think NE would have just enough to get beyond them. Still, I don't want to see them. OH, the one thing I do disagree with is JAX. I don't see Blake Bortles beating a BB/Matty P defense, no matter how banged up we are at the moment.

Edelman pass to Amendola still might be my favorite play of the past four years.

I was thinking if they make the super bowl the NFC is the weakest they've been in a while. I'll probably still be pooping bricks

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Back