PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Most Current Playoff Scenarios

My argument was simply that he wasn’t giving Wentz his due as an MVP candidate, and I believe that Wentz was just as much of a 50/50 candidate as Brady was. That thinking was due to several different factors, one being that Wentz had more TDs on the team with the NFL’s leading record. I don’t know when the last time that the leading scorer on the leading (record) team didn’t win the MVP was (if ever), but it doesn’t happen often—and that’s putting it mildly. Another reason was due to the obvious media bias in preferring to give it to a “non-Brady” player, which he does not believe in. It doesn’t seem as though we need to debate this any longer due to the injuries of both Wentz and Brown.

In terms of which conference is tougher, I don’t believe that we ever got that far, but my humble opinion is that the AFC is much more top heavy and that the NFC is a deeper conference seeds 1-6, overall. Hopefully, in the end it doesn’t make any difference.

Once Wentz went down the MVP talk shifted to Antonio Brown. Then when he went down it went to Gurley. If he goes down they'll switch to Bell.

It's not like the old days...

MVP.png

That's a fair concern ~ you're obviously remembering that 2010 debacle.

On a related note, I personally consider the whole "It's tough to beat a team 3 times." bit to be Urban Legend material. It's tough to beat anyone once, if you ask me, but given the choice between being the 0-2 team and the 2-0 team at a rematch, I'll take being the 2-0 team every time, thank you very much!! :D It'd be interesting to see the History, there...One such instance that's always stood out in my memory is the JacksonVille Jaguars 1999 team. God, that was a beautiful team. A Super Bowl matching them up against The Greatest Show on Turf would've been terrific.

They were the best team in the AFC, and had the 14-2 record to prove it. In fact, they might've gone 16-0. The problem, as those'f you shaking your heads in wondered recollection will recall, is that somebody plunked down a team in Tennessee.

For whatever reason, the Jaguars just couldn't beat the Titans that year. And because of The Music City Miracle ~ God, it was great to watch Wade Phillips fail in spectacular fashion after benching Flutie!! :D ~ they went 0-3 against'm!!

Phillips benching Flutie cursed his entire career from there one.

You're only allowed to have 2 opinions on a team: they're the best, or they absolutely suck.

That attitude is liberally applied to individual players, too. Especially Pats players.

• Agree
Reactions: jah
Phillips benching Flutie cursed his entire career from there one.
Berry benching Flutie in favor of Eason in 1988 also had the same effect only in cursed the entire NEP franchise

I'd actually rather face a team without that championship pedigree and mentality over an organization that's been there, done that.

Sounds like what the Rams may have been thinking going into the 2001 playoffs when considering which AFC teams they'd rather face and NOT face in their SB.

Oopsie!

Sounds like what the Rams may have been thinking going into the 2001 playoffs when considering which AFC teams they'd rather face and NOT face in their SB.

Oopsie!
Touche. But Bortles is no Brady and they certainly don't have a BB on the sidelines either. ;):D

Touche. But Bortles is no Brady and they certainly don't have a BB on the sidelines either. ;):D

Marrone is no BB, certainly. However, in his first full season as HC he's taken a team that had posted 3, 5 and then 3 wins in the past three seasons - with that same Bortles as QB - and gotten them into the playoffs at 10-4 (with still a small chance at a BYE).

Granted, that's mainly because Marrone's defense is allowing literally half as many points as the Jagsss defense allowed on average in the past three seasons (209 so far in 2017 versus 420 average for 2014-2016).

Still, that's not nothin'.

Because none of that really matters in a one-game scenario, I suppose.

So you are concerned of the Ravens because they supposedly play us tough but the fact that they really have not been particularly successful against us is irrelevant because it doesnt matter in a one-game scenario ?

Do you see the contradiction in your logic ?

The Bills blew it when they benched their QB when they were the front runner for a WC spot (with a shot at the AFCE). The two losses that followed has allowed the Ravens to take their place.

Yep. I'm an enormous Nathan Peterman fan...But I can't agree more: Taylor is boring and limited, but he was consistently playing within'mself and helping a PlayOff Caliber Team win Games. You don't undermine that, if you're smart.

Marrone is no BB, certainly. However, in his first full season as HC he's taken a team that had posted 3, 5 and then 3 wins in the past three seasons - with that same Bortles as QB - and gotten them into the playoffs at 10-4 (with still a small chance at a BYE).

Granted, that's mainly because Marrone's defense is allowing literally half as many points as the Jagsss defense allowed on average in the past three seasons (209 so far in 2017 versus 420 average for 2014-2016).

Still, that's not nothin'.
I hear you. And I wasn't trying to slight Marrone. Still, who are you giving the advantage if the game is close and plays need to be made? That was my point. lol

NE isn’t getting the number 1 seed. They are not good this year.

NE isn’t getting the number 1 seed. They are not good this year.

The refs are allowing the bills to get away with a lot of holding. This offense has to put the game away by scoring touchdowns.

The refs are allowing the bills to get away with a lot of holding. This offense has to put the game away by scoring touchdowns.
Keep blaming the refs for everything dude. The defense has been awful for weeks, and Brady has been horrible for weeks. 5 int in last 4 games. Wtf is this? Forehead 2015?

What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
Back