PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Obligatory Playoff Picture Thread: Week 16

I hate when Pats have to rely on someone else screwing up to get a bye....but WTF..I'll take it :D

Justwin !

Fwiw, on the playoff machine if us and Baltimore tie at 10-6 as division winners we would drop to 4 seed. These 2 last games are big even if Houston doesn’t lose.

Just think of the polar opposites of emotions we could have today - Pats win, Houston loses and we're on the SB Pats lose, Houston wins - it's 3 seed and losing in WC....GO PATS

Update after the early Week 16 games:

11-3 Chiefs
With the Chargers and Houston losing, KC can clinch the #1 seed with a win at Seattle.

10-5 Patriots
Can still be the #1 seed with a win next week, plus two losses by the Chiefs.
Can drop down to #3 seed with a loss next week, plus Texans win next week.

10-5 Texans
Can still be the #1 seed if they win next week, Patriots lose to the Jets, and KC loses twice.
Can still be the #2 seed if they beat Jacksonville, plus the Patriots lose.
A loss to Jaguars next week drops Houston to a wild card, and winner of Indy-Tenn game wins the AFC South.

8-5-1 Steelers
Need two wins (Saints, Bengals) to win division, or one win plus a Ravens loss to win AFCN.

9-6 Ravens
Make the playoffs with win over Browns next week.
Win division with win, and Steelers lose at least once.
Can win AFC North if Steelers lose twice.
Ravens win tiebreaker over Titans if both finish 10-6 (Balt beat Tenn) and also over Colts at 10-6 (conference record).

11-4 Chargers
Can still win the AFC West with a win next week, and two losses by the Chiefs.
Any other scenario and the Chargers are the #5 seed.

9-6 Titans
Tennessee is in if they beat Indy next week, plus either Steelers lose one of their two games, or Ravens lose next week. Titans are also in if they beat the Colts, plus Texans lose next week.

9-6 Colts
Identical situation as Titans have, with the obvious exception that Indy needs to beat Tennessee.

12-2 Saints
Need to win either of their final two games (Pitt, Car) to clinch #1 seed.
Can also clinch #1 seed if Bears and Rams lose once each.
Could drop to #3 with two losses, and Rams and Bears both win out.

11-3 Rams
Need to win twice (Ariz, SF) plus Saints lose twice for #1 seed.
Clinch #2 seed with two wins, or one win plus one Bears loss.

10-4 Bears
Need to win twice (SF, Minn), Saints lose twice, and Rams lose once to be #1 seed.
Need to win twice, plus one Rams loss to be #2 seed.

9-6 Cowboys
Have now clinched NFC East and at least #4 seed.
Can be #3 seed with win at Giants, plus two losses by the Bears.

8-6 Seahawks
One win (KC, Ariz) = clinch playoff berth.
One loss = #6 seed.
Two losses = no playoffs.

8-6-1 Vikings
Win next week vs Bears = playoffs.
Eagles loss to Washington next week = playoffs
Two Seattle losses = playoffs.

8-7 Eagles
Will be #5 seed with win at Wash, plus Seattle loses twice.
Will be #6 seed with win at Wash, plus Vikings lose.
Anything else = no playoffs.

So, with the win today and the loss by the Texans, the Patriots are the #2 seed if they beat the Jets next Sunday, right?

So, with the win today and the loss by the Texans, the Patriots are the #2 seed if they beat the Jets next Sunday, right?
Yes; a win and the Pats get a bye and at minimum the #2 seed.

Only way the Patriots drop down to the #3 seed is if the Pats lose to Jets next week, plus the Texans beat Jacksonville.

Only way the Patriots improve to #1 seed is if the Pats beat the Jets, plus Chiefs lose to both the Seahawks and Raiders.

Other than that New England will be the #2 seed.

Go Seattle !! :D

tough pill to swallow if kc loses tonight and the mia game costs the pats the #1 seed

Right now, I see KC as the 1 seed, the Pats as #2. The Titans/Colts will be at Texans and I think Houston wins that. San Diego will be at Baltimore and I see the Ravens wining that. So, I am thinking the Texans come back to Foxborough and the Ravens go to KC. The Pats will most likely head to KC for the AFCCG and I see that game much like the 2013 AFCCG.

It would be nice to see the Pats D solidify against the run in the playoffs and see Pats O get good production out of their ground attack.....They made Bills D against their running game look anemic...

That’s wild! According to the NYT flowchart the Titans can actually get the #2 seed (though obviously very unlikely). They have to win plus have NE, BAL, and HOU all lose.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Back