PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

More Manning family news: email shows Eli defrauded memorabilia collectors

Status
Not open for further replies.
Makes me very angry.

Nature affects balls : Nightly news tells us how to talk to our children about him cheating.

NYG : since 2016 (1) walkie talkies (2) "deflated" balls vs Pitt (3) Eli keeps his stuff, but sells fraudulent material.... nothing.

Makes me very angry.

Nature affects balls : Nightly news tells us how to talk to our children about him cheating.

NYG : since 2016 (1) walkie talkies (2) "deflated" balls vs Pitt (3) Eli keeps his stuff, but sells fraudulent material.... nothing.

The deflated balls v pittsburgh were the steeler balls.

[
Is emailing ....."helmets that can pass as game used" ....really a smoking gun?
If he wrote......."helmets that qualify as game used" .....there would be no issue.
Sure, there is room for interpretation, but Manning's lawyer should be able to spin the word "pass" as a directive to find game used helmets.
"Pass a class" means you satisfied requirements of the course. Same can be argued here.
There is no way the phrase "pass as" the way Eli wrote it can be reasonably interpreted to mean "find a legitimate game used helmet." In his context, "pass as" clearly means "pretend to be".

Also, keep in mind this is a civil trial, not a criminal trial. So the judge simply has to decide if it is (to borrow a phrase) more probable than not that "pass as" means attempt to defraud.

Makes me very angry.

You forgot about the Giants faking injuries, a widely acknowledged fact around the NFL, during their 2011 run.

Goodell's justice:

Manning's Teams

Manning used HGH in order to return from injury, if not beyond that. Puppet investigation reveals evidence Manning received HGH at his home, league buries story.

Colts guilty of pumping in crowd noise in 2006/2007. Investigation completed within hours and buried.

Colts illegally turn up temperature in 2006 AFCCG. No investigation.

Bill Polian purposely changes pass defensive rules, changing the league forever, in order to get a competitive advantage for his team. No investigation.

Tony Dungy admits the Colts stole signals frequently during his tenure as head coach after comparing the Patriots success as "Barry Bonds" when it happened during the same point in time. Dungy acknowledges that both teams did the same thing, but there was a difference in "how they did it." No investigation.

Steelers

Dodged enormous scandal when their doctor admitted to giving the team illegal substances in the 2000s. No investigation or penalty.

Won Super Bowl XL as the referee later admitted to blowing the game with multiple terrible, biased calls. No investigation.

Mike Tomlin attempted to trip a player running down the sidelines on a live play. 100K fine (1/10 of "DeflateGate"). No draft picks foreited. No team fine.

Emmanuel Sanders fined (less than most fines for accidental hits) for faking injury. 15K fine (less than the fine for an accidental hit to the head.)

Antonio Brown illegally released Facebook Live video of locker room speech. (10K fine (less than a fine for virtually anything else.)

James Harrison implicated for illegal HGH use. Puppet investigation buries story.

Ravens

Ray Lewis widely suspected of using deer antler spray, a banned substance, during 2012 Super Bowl run. No investigation.

Terrell Suggs perpetrates repeated domestic violence against women, with clear and overwhelming evidence. No investigation.

Ray Rice knocks out fiance in elevator, captured on video. After a blatant attempt to sweep it under the rug, Roger Goodell claims he never saw the video and was lied to, while a federal judge tells him he is lying.

Jets

Jets blatantly tamper with Darrele Revis, violating the specific wording of the rule, and then are later revealed to have gone way beyond that, contacting him illegally while Revis was still a member of the Patriots. The Jets then sign Revis hours into free agency. Jets fined 100K. No forfeiture of draft picks. Investigation is not re-opened in light of later reports that their actions went beyond Johnson's words, which would also be punishable by lack of honesty. League strips Chiefs of draft picks later in the same offseason for tampering widely regarded as accepted by an unwritten rule.

Sheldon Richardson drives 143 MPH with marijuana, a loaded gun, and a child in the vehicle. Three league insiders predict he will never play another down in the NFL. Richardson suspended one game. Same penalty as Kevin Faulk in 2008, who was not speeding, did not have a loaded gun, and did not have a minor in the car. Faulk was also a first-time offender and during a time when the personal conduct penalties were much lighter.

Sal Alosi trips opposing player during live play. Alosi suspended for season. No fine or loss of draft picks for team.

Jay Feely caught tampering with K-balls before game. NFL punishes equipment manager but buries any responsibility from Feely or the team. Feely later shows up in Brady's trial to testify about the disparity in how their situations were handled.

Jets illegally film Patriots in 2006, one season before "Spygate." League does not investigate further.

Dolphins

Dolphins extract audio from television broadcast to decode Patriots audibles and playcalls, resulting in a shutout. League makes no changes to protocol despite major competitive disadvantage to teams who play in primetime games with extended audio tracks. John Clayton: "That's football."

Last edited:
My gut feeling is that steiner put pressure on eli to come up with game used helmets pursuant to their contract and a) eli wanted to hold onto them or b) didn't have any and wanted to get steiner off his back.

I read somewhere that the feds will not pursue this because the 5 year statute of limitations is up? But I don't think this is right because the statute of limitations generally start to toll when the authorities become aware of the illegal action, not when it actually occurs.
No, criminal statues of limitations apply to when the crime is committed. They can be extended if a criminal investigation (or trial) is already underway but that is not the case here.

Last edited:
My gut feeling is that steiner put pressure on eli to come up with game used helmets pursuant to their contract and a) eli wanted to hold onto them or b) didn't have any and wanted to get steiner off his back.
I think that's it right there. Eli had his actual helmet which was broken in and he was comfortable with. Ironically, there is a NY Times article (written before deflategate) detailing how obsessive Eli is to the preparation of game day balls. So the idea that he wants to keep just one "comfortable" helmet is perfectly valid.

But then he has this deal whereby he agreed to hand over game used helmets. The Manning family has never met an endorsement or money making deal they didn't like. So since he didn't want to hand over the actual one he uses, he gave a couple substitutes.

A bunch of headline grabbing public figures using this allegation to pump themselves up. Hmmmm...when was the last time that happened to a famous quarterback? Screw Mara and the Giants. No sympathy from me. In fact, I hope Eli is innocent so they really know what it's like when the shoe is on the other foot.

Chris Christie: Giants QB Eli Manning a 'liar' who 'got caught'

Now onto Tom Brokaw, a crying Mark Brunell, petitions to vacate titles, and a big glaring *. Then they will get a small taste of it.

I'm confused.
I thought Eli was Goober and Peyton was Gomer.
Did I have it backwards all these years?

I thought it was the other way, because Eli is more like Gomer Pyle and Peyton...he's just a damned goober lol. But I could be wrong too.

If anyone has some light to shed, it would be most welcome.

I thought it was the other way, because Eli is more like Gomer Pyle and Peyton...he's just a damned goober lol. But I could be wrong too.

If anyone has some light to shed, it would be most welcome.

Someone needs to write an academic paper on this.

I think that's it right there. Eli had his actual helmet which was broken in and he was comfortable with. Ironically, there is a NY Times article (written before deflategate) detailing how obsessive Eli is to the preparation of game day balls. So the idea that he wants to keep just one "comfortable" helmet is perfectly valid.

But then he has this deal whereby he agreed to hand over game used helmets. The Manning family has never met an endorsement or money making deal they didn't like. So since he didn't want to hand over the actual one he uses, he gave a couple substitutes.

That makes a lot of sense. I would imagine most players would want to wear the equipment they're comfortable with and not spend any time worrying about wearing different equipment (helmet or pads) that may not fit or be broken in like their favorite gear.

A problem arises for Eli in that he agreed to provide 2 game worn helmets (I assume for memorabilia purposes based on this article) in his contract. He's locked himself in to wearing 3 different helmets at some point during the preseason and regular season. If he decided not to do that and just wore one helmet all season, then he messed up.

The Giants talk about a lack of context, but Eli getting an email requesting 2 game worn helmets, then emailing the equipment guy right after that to ask for 2 that would "pass" as game worn, then the memorabilia people getting suspicious about the items seems like more than a huge coincidence.

so a qb who has made 200 million is now taken down for signing thousand dollar memorabilia?

Please. This doesnt add up.

And the coackroaches are lining up.

FOX Sports radio host calls for Eli Manning suspension

The author of this article sounds like he is going to cry. He is so upset that someone is jumping to a conclusion with little evidence. He even references Brady "for his role in Deflategate." If only he could see he's even more stupid than this radio host.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back