PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

More Manning family news: email shows Eli defrauded memorabilia collectors

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Manning's should open a deli on Broadway in NYC...call it "SCUMBAGS".
The Peytie Pouch---a quarter pound of steroid laced bologna with stripper crack cheese on week old Papa John's pizza crust washed down with Ecry's special MountainAzzCrack Dew. Yours for only 4 payments of 29.95....Bon Apetit!

All these allegations are starting to build up against the Manning family. Just seems like everything kind of gets swept under the rug for some reason. From sexual assault, to bullying reporters with thugs, to the integrity of just forfilling engagements for customers hard earned money.

Wonder how Forehead would of recovered from major next surgery had "his wifes"HGH not been authentic?

Does anyone know how much the lawsuit is actually for? These types of cases usually involve suing for actual damages (and not, like, the BS "pain and suffering" element) so I can't imagine it's a ridiculously high number.

I'm wondering how much the lawsuit is for which made it *not* worth it for Eli to say to just pay it to make it go away.
I am going to take a stab at answering my own question. There was an amended complaint that was filed. In it, they write:

"A wrongful indictment had turned Inselberg’s personal and professional life upside-down, causing severe psychological trauma and the loss of millions of dollars of income and property."

So I guess we are not talking about a couple thousand dollars....

I just read the amended complaint (nice way to spend an Easter Sunday evening) and this is a lot worse than originally thought.

Some guy almost went to jail for selling Giants fake memorabilia. According to the complaints, Giants employees testified (and perjured themselves) before a grand jury. NFL Auctions has also knowingly sold fake merchandise. So this goes far beyond a couple thousand in civil damages.

**** just got real. Of course, I doubt the sports media will talk about that much because perjury before a grand jury and defrauding NFL memorabilia collectors is nowhere near as important as hundredths of a pound per square inch of footballs.

The slimiest person that I've known in my 60+ years on earth is a sports memorabilia dealer. And yet, if I had to choose between him, the NYFL or a Manning, I would go with the slimy dealer. It's very close though.

I want Cersei's Walk of Shame, I want a tearful public confession and I want jail time...
um, since we are talking about Eli and those equipment manager jackasses, let me state most emphatically that I do *not* want Cersei's walk of shame.

The slimiest person that I've known in my 60+ years on earth is a sports memorabilia dealer. And yet, if I had to choose between him, the NYFL or a Manning, I would go with the slimy dealer. It's very close though.

I don't disagree with your assessment of memorabilia dealers. They have earned their reputation. Consider this, though: How low on the character scale does someone have to be to make a memorabilia dealer the sympathetic party in a situation?

um, since we are talking about Eli and those equipment manager jackasses, let me state most emphatically that I do *not* want Cersei's walk of shame.
I still want it - with fig leaves...

I want Cersei's Walk of Shame, I want a tearful public confession and I want jail time...
The prick is lucky he caught me on a weekend, otherwise I'd have included the electric chair...

I don't disagree with your assessment of memorabilia dealers. They have earned their reputation. Consider this, though: How low on the character scale does someone have to be to make a memorabilia dealer the sympathetic party in a situation?

I may have been a bit misleading with my post. It wasn't his occupation that dropped him so low.

Peyton against the Patriots: 9-15
Eli against the Patriots: 3-2

Mannings against the Patriots: 12-17

Good stats as they are factual but what really annoys me is that Brady and the Pats are 0-5 in their last 5 playoff matchups against the Mannings.

Obviously that isn't everything. I'd rather take 5 Super Bowls overall vs. 5-0 in the last 5 rivalrty matchups, but I'd be lying if I said that stat didn't bug me.

I'm actually disappointed by this story.

As much as I root against the Mannings I've actually respected them. I've only "hated" them because they were the adversary of our own high profile player. My "hatred" was always just about the game. In fact, I've felt that the Mannings have been good for football and the Pats. After all, Batman and the Joker need each other.

The only good coming from this story is to illustrate the hypocrisy of the NFL and media in general.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
Back