PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT Giants equipment scandal looking real bad. Employee lies to FBI

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree, if there is any question on whether Gronk should be in the HOF based on injuries, then TD should not be there.

Roger Craig was the first to have 2000 combined yards (did it twice) and should have won a SB MVP (Montana, Rice were bigger stars) and won 2 SBs.

Jamal Lewis ran for 2K yards on a championship team. Chris Johnson ran for 2K as well. Those two are objectively not hall of famers. The 2K yards doesn't mean a hell of a lot to me, considering the Olandis Garys, Mike Andersons of the world put up 1500+ behind those lines.

THE reason Terrell Davis is in the Hall of Fame is because of NFL Network. That's it.

Meh.

Tds collective accomplishments got him in. Not just 2k yds or a SB

I'd take Eli Manning over Charlie Connerly, in a heartbeat. This is just 'naming guys I've heard of'.

Tittle, transformative, generational player, probably better than Eli overall, but possibly not. Simms is not better than Eli, neither is Connerly or Sam Huff or Joe Pisarchek or Jeff Hostetler or Kerry Collins or anyone else.

This doesn't make Eli a hall of famer, but it makes him a Giants hall of famer.

I watched Conerly play against Unitas and Milt Plum, my guess is you didn't I also saw Sayers 6 TD game against the 49'ers in Kezar stadium.

BTW I said Davis's career was REMINISCENT of Sayers not that he was better, since Sayers is perhaps top 3 all time.

Not sure why you want to punk Davis.

Roger Craig was the first to have 2000 combined yards (did it twice) and should have won a SB MVP (Montana, Rice were bigger stars) and won 2 SBs.

Jamal Lewis ran for 2K yards on a championship team. Chris Johnson ran for 2K as well. Those two are objectively not hall of famers. The 2K yards doesn't mean a hell of a lot to me, considering the Olandis Garys, Mike Andersons of the world put up 1500+ behind those lines.

THE reason Terrell Davis is in the Hall of Fame is because of NFL Network. That's it.

TD was borderline HOF to begin with. His performance led to the Broncos and Elway finally getting a win in the SB. He and Warner played at a HOF level but both had relatively short peaks periods or a couple of down years due to injuries. I think the NFL Network added enough to their resumes to get them in but their performance was definitely enough to get them considered.

Jamal Lewis should get serious consideration as well and probably had a good chance of getting in but his off the field stuff hurts him.

They say they only use on the field performance as a criteria but we know they don't. Owens is proof enough of that.

So if negative performance off the field can keep a guy out I guess positive off the field stuff can get a guy in.

Lastly I don't remember Lewis being regarded as the best RB in the league during his career while TD was.

Don't forget HOF'er Sam Huff.

Over Rated
Forced to watch the Giants in the Boston area I noticed in an era long before replay that Huff would always pile on in a tackle after the guy was already down while the announcer breathlessly announced, "Another tackle by SAM HUFF!!!"
He racked up the stats piling on. It was not a penalty back then.

I have to agree with you PWP. Saw him play and wasn't impressed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back