PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT Giants equipment scandal looking real bad. Employee lies to FBI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think Eli is a candidate for hall of fame. Just not a first ballot. Then again, I didnt think Warner was first ballot either, more like 3rd or 4th which tells me this dope eli is a shoe in.

Currently the best predictor of whether someone gets in or not is if they are part of NFL Network.

Currently the best predictor of whether someone gets in or not is if they are part of NFL Network.

I was just thinking the same thing. That's the only reason Terrell Davis suddenly got in and how Kurt Warner got in.

If Warner doesn't stupidly throw the Pick-6 at the end of the 1st half in the SB vs the PitsDirt Stealers, then he would've been an easier HOF lock. Damn him.
Warner was at least, definitively the best QB in the league (At worst, 'on of') for a few years.

I hadn't realized that using autopen was an issue
When endorsing a check, it isn't. In the memorabilia business, it is. An autopen would not be considered an authentic autograph and there would be no demand for such a thing.

When endorsing a check, it isn't. In the memorabilia business, it is. An autopen would not be considered an authentic autograph and there would be no demand for such a thing.
maxresdefault.jpg

Attachments

• upload_2017-7-7_11-47-54.jpeg
    upload_2017-7-7_11-47-54.jpeg
    42.5 KB · Views: 1
To be fair, the Giants have a pretty short list.

It's like, YA Tittle, Fran Tarkenton for 10 minutes, Phil Simms and...Joe Pisarchik?
Chucking Charley Conerly who preceded Tittle was really good.

Don't forget HOF'er Sam Huff.

To be fair, the Giants have a pretty short list.

It's like, YA Tittle, Fran Tarkenton for 10 minutes, Phil Simms and...Joe Pisarchik?

Charlie Conerly (sp?) is in the top 3. QB before Tittle. Took the Giants to 3 championship games winning 1 and losing the famous overtime game to Unitas and the Colts.

Terrell Davis's career is reminiscent of Gayle Sayers, brilliant and dominate until felled by injury.

Terrell Davis's career is reminiscent of Gayle Sayers, brilliant and dominate until felled by injury.

Gayle Sayers was a far superior player to Terrell Davis. Sayers was not only one of the best RBs in the game, but he was an elite KR/PR.

Davis had the luxury of running behind the best o-line in football. Just look at what Mike Anderson, Olandis Gary, Reuben Droughns, Clinton Portis, Peyton Hillis, Tatum Bell and Selvis Young, bums, excepted only by Portis, did behind that line.

You want to say Davis was the best of that bunch, fine. But it's a joke to say he's a hall of famer based on 4 years of actual production. That's the NFL Network effect. He was the best RB in the league for exactly one season, 1998, and even that's debatable. That's not a hall of famer. It shouldn't be.

Charlie Conerly (sp?) is in the top 3. QB before Tittle. Took the Giants to 3 championship games winning 1 and losing the famous overtime game to Unitas and the Colts.

I'd take Eli Manning over Charlie Connerly, in a heartbeat. This is just 'naming guys I've heard of'.

Tittle, transformative, generational player, probably better than Eli overall, but possibly not. Simms is not better than Eli, neither is Connerly or Sam Huff or Joe Pisarchek or Jeff Hostetler or Kerry Collins or anyone else.

This doesn't make Eli a hall of famer, but it makes him a Giants hall of famer.

He did accomplish a ton in those few years but true.
3 years. 96, 97, 98. I could name 20 non-HOF running backs who had amazing 3 year stretches like that. Ricky Watters, Roger Craig, Shaun Alexander, etc etc.

I'd take Eli Manning over Charlie Connerly, in a heartbeat. This is just 'naming guys I've heard of'.

Tittle, transformative, generational player, probably better than Eli overall, but possibly not. Simms is not better than Eli, neither is Connerly or Sam Huff or Joe Pisarchek or Jeff Hostetler or Kerry Collins or anyone else.

This doesn't make Eli a hall of famer, but it makes him a Giants hall of famer.

Sam Huff - not sure why you included him on a list of QBs - but probably the 2nd greatest LB in Giants' history. 4x first-team All-Pro, 2x second-team. Should rank higher than Eli on any list of all-time great Giants.

3 years. 96, 97, 98. I could name 20 non-HOF running backs who had amazing 3 year stretches like that. Ricky Watters, Roger Craig, Shaun Alexander, etc etc.
He won two Super Bowls, a SB MVP and ran for 2k yards as well.

The players you mention have not done that .

Those are THE reasons TD is in the HoF

He won two Super Bowls, a SB MVP and ran for 2k yards as well.

The players you mention have not done that .

Those are THE reasons TD is in the HoF

Roger Craig was the first to have 2000 combined yards (did it twice) and should have won a SB MVP (Montana, Rice were bigger stars) and won 2 SBs.

Jamal Lewis ran for 2K yards on a championship team. Chris Johnson ran for 2K as well. Those two are objectively not hall of famers. The 2K yards doesn't mean a hell of a lot to me, considering the Olandis Garys, Mike Andersons of the world put up 1500+ behind those lines.

THE reason Terrell Davis is in the Hall of Fame is because of NFL Network. That's it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back