PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT Giants equipment scandal looking real bad. Employee lies to FBI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Big article on the equipment scandal in today's Washington Post sports section. Of course, the Giants are probably enemy number two - after the Cowboys - to most Redskins fans. Still, it was nice to see them dragged through the mud.

Big article on the equipment scandal in today's Washington Post sports section. Of course, the Giants are probably enemy number two - after the Cowboys - to most Redskins fans. Still, it was nice to see them dragged through the mud.
Util it leads the ABC evening news and Good Morning America as DG did, I'll remain skeptical. Comparatively, the "mud" you describe is cloudy tapwater. Don't get me wrong, like you I love the exposure this is getting. But, really? It's nothing in the court of public opinion.

Man you just got my blood boiling again on what is supposed to be a pleasant 4 day weekend. :mad::mad::mad::mad:

I still CAN NOT BLEEPING BELIEVE how big a deal was made out of deflategate and how a coach getting caught cheating on live TV was completely swept under the rug.

The Panthers were caught on live TV tampering with the air pressure of footballs on a cold day in Minnesota. Just weeks before the AFCCG. The NFL was so outraged at the brazen threat to the integrity of the game that they sent Carolina a stern...memo.

People sometimes wonder why Pats fans have this, uh, complex. Well...these things are examples of why.

Where? In the Newspaper or on the site? Is it a new one, or the one previously posted?

Where? In the Newspaper or on the site? Is it a new one, or the one previously posted?
It was in today's print edition. I don't access the site or get more than the Sunday Post. It suffers from Globeitis.

The Panthers were caught on live TV tampering with the air pressure of footballs on a cold day in Minnesota. Just weeks before the AFCCG. The NFL was so outraged at the brazen threat to the integrity of the game that they sent Carolina a stern...memo.

People sometimes wonder why Pats fans have this, uh, complex. Well...these things are examples of why.
Another thing that angers me about both these incidents is the moments I saw them I said "that's illegal.... you can't do that..." (I was watching the NYG game live, and saw the Panthers on tape).

Then they each get away by pleading ignorance of the rules.....

It's been posted before, but the NFL's explanation of why the Panthers only got a letter of warning and the Patriots received a nuclear strike was even more outrageous.

It was something along the lines of that the league knew the Panthers had violated a rule, there was no question about it and there no attempt to conceal it (being caught on camera made it difficult to dispute and conceal things). To Goodell and company, it made sense to only issue a warning when there definitely was a violation. When they weren't sure a violation occurred, it made sense to issue a historic punishment.

I think the "idea" there is that Carolina did it, weren't trying to hide it, got caught, and said, oh sorry, we didn't know we couldn't do that. But the Patriots - in the NFL's mind - were trying to sneakily do it, under the cover of darkness as it were, a comprehensive scheme and system to break the rules, and then cover it up when investigated.

But then....the Patriots weren't trying to hide taping opposing signals either - did it in the wide open, and when investigated, immediately turned over everything in full cooperation. But at that point they got hit with the largest penalty in NFL history. Only to be surpassed by the Deflategate penalty.

But then....the Patriots weren't trying to hide taping opposing signals either - did it in the wide open, and when investigated, immediately turned over everything in full cooperation. But at that point they got hit with the largest penalty in NFL history. Only to be surpassed by the Deflategate penalty.

They virtually did it in imitation of the comparable behavior on the parts of the JETE and Dolphins, but you're not allowed to say that part.

They virtually did it in imitation of the comparable behavior on the parts of the JETE and Dolphins, but you're not allowed to say that part.

Integrity (def)... an NFL standard that only applies to your New England Patriots in an effort to destroy a team that is not supposed to be this good for this long so lets make up **** to destroy them..

Good memories of Weymouth:

The first time the (not very good) band I played in was at the Weymana, a big but short lived club that was once a Purity Supreme and last I saw a medical center on Rt 18 just north of the South Shore Hospital. 300 people, sold the place out for a Halloween fundraiser; according to the owner we absolutely obliterated the record at his establishment for sales at the bar, to the point where they had nothing left to serve by the end of the night....

There was also the fact that if for some reason as a youth I neglected to load up on beer Saturday night prior to 11:00 pm, on Sunday I could find one of my older veteran friends to go over to the Weymouth Naval Air Base commissary and help me out by showing their ID and buying beer for us when all the Massachusetts package stores were closed on Sunday.

On the other hand there is my ex ... also a native of the same town.
The used to be a drug store in hingham that sold alcohol on sundays! They put whatever you bought in a paper bag.

I forget the name of that bar, but I drank there a few times.

Eli doesn t belong in the HOF, but neither does Joe Namath, and look how that turned out.
Players get into Canton for different reasons. Yes, those reasons should all be about a body of work on the field, but they always aren't.

Joe Willie got in for one game that, at the time, validated the merger of the AFL and NFL in an era when many, if not a majority, of fans and mediots weren't yet sold on it. Does he belong there on the merits? Of course not!

Except for Plunkett, every eligible QB who won two SB's that he started is in the HOF. Given his uneven play 80% of the time in the regular season, I don't think the Tyree Catch Game would have been enough on its own to get Eli in, even though it kept a heavily favored opponent from a perfect season. But the Welker Drop/Manningham Pass game sealed the deal, whether we like it or not. Even though at times Eli seems like he's trying to become the only player to play his way OUT of Canton, he'll still get in...probably not on his first ballot, though, unless he gets his act together before he retires.

[edit to correct error]

Last edited:
Every eligible QB who won two SB's that he started is in the HOF.

Except for Jim Plunkett. :D

Namath did indeed get in primarily for Super Bowl III (even though the reason the Jets won was because of their defense and Matt Snell running the ball, not Namath's passing). He made an off hand remark (predicting a win) and the media blew it up. Does he get in to the Hall without that prediction? Probably not.

Eli will likely get in, for those two games. But do two games really make someone deserving of the HoF? In my opinion, no. And if they do then Plunkett, Tom Flores, Jimmy Johnson and George Seifert should all be in as well, as those head coaches won two super bowls. For all the hoopla about Tony Dungy being the first SB african-american HC, Flores was actually the first minority head coach to win a super bowl - and he also won as a player and assistant coach. Why Jimmy Johnson is not in is odd as well; maybe Jerry Jones has successfully lobbied to exclude him?

To me Kurt Warner being in the HoF is extremely questionable. He had 3½ great seasons, but shouldn't a player have more than that? And if 3½ seasons is borderline, what is two games (or should I say two passes), which were primarily won when he was on the sidelines and the defense was on the field? Eli may get in - if this equipment scandal doesn't blow up - but it doesn't mean he deserves to go in.

Think Eli is a candidate for hall of fame. Just not a first ballot. Then again, I didnt think Warner was first ballot either, more like 3rd or 4th which tells me this dope eli is a shoe in.

Except for Jim Plunkett. :D

Namath did indeed get in primarily for Super Bowl III (even though the reason the Jets won was because of their defense and Matt Snell running the ball, not Namath's passing). He made an off hand remark (predicting a win) and the media blew it up. Does he get in to the Hall without that prediction? Probably not.

Eli will likely get in, for those two games. But do two games really make someone deserving of the HoF? In my opinion, no. And if they do then Plunkett, Tom Flores, Jimmy Johnson and George Seifert should all be in as well, as those head coaches won two super bowls. For all the hoopla about Tony Dungy being the first SB african-american HC, Flores was actually the first minority head coach to win a super bowl - and he also won as a player and assistant coach. Why Jimmy Johnson is not in is odd as well; maybe Jerry Jones has successfully lobbied to exclude him?

To me Kurt Warner being in the HoF is extremely questionable. He had 3½ great seasons, but shouldn't a player have more than that? And if 3½ seasons is borderline, what is two games (or should I say two passes), which were primarily won when he was on the sidelines and the defense was on the field? Eli may get in - if this equipment scandal doesn't blow up - but it doesn't mean he deserves to go in.

My bad on Plunkett. Shoulda known that. Doubly, because I saw him play. Brain fart. I never think of him in that league because of his career stats. But, if Warner's in, he should be in.
Seifert never had a losing season and won two SB's. Always thought he belonged there, but Walsh's shadow was long.
Jerruh is probably making sure that Jimmy doesn't get in.
Flores. Probably belongs as well but I don't know the politics of it.
Dungy. Politician.
Warner. Agree. Definition of borderline. I think it helped both him and Dungy that they became part of the media fraternity after they retired.

If Warner doesn't stupidly throw the Pick-6 at the end of the 1st half in the SB vs the PitsDirt Stealers, then he would've been an easier HOF lock. Damn him.

Nothing will come of it...Goodell is in bed with these pricks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back