PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

More Manning family news: email shows Eli defrauded memorabilia collectors

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately the same was true in baseball. During the steroid witchhunt, guys like Barry Bonds and Alex Rodriguez were constantly being interrogated by the media. By the time other names like David Ortiz and Manny Ramirez had suspicions connections, the story was 'old news' and they didn't get crucified like the others.

The baseball PED thing wasn't a witch hunt. PED's were rampant in MLB for well over a decade. If it were a witch hunt, the League would be going after completely innocent players on trumped up charges. So far, MLB's head office hasn't done that. Manny got crucified all day long. He got booted from two different teams and has to play in Korea. People cared about the Ortiz thing too. And it will keep him out of the hall of fame which is a steep price to play for once popping for something (nobody knows what) on a supposedly anonymous test.

He sure has a lot to say for someone who isn't involved

Weird...he had no comment about Tom Brady in 2015, except a denial that he does anything extraordinary to prepare footballs (proven lie) and then was the only active quarterback to claim it was a big advantage to deflate balls (proven lie) after claiming he tried it to see (most likely a lie.) But yeah, class, integrity. This guy should have a locker next to LaDainian Tomlinson.

The baseball PED thing wasn't a witch hunt. PED's were rampant in MLB for well over a decade. If it were a witch hunt, the League would be going after completely innocent players on trumped up charges. So far, MLB's head office hasn't done that. Manny got crucified all day long. He got booted from two different teams and has to play in Korea. People cared about the Ortiz thing too. And it will keep him out of the hall of fame which is a steep price to play for once popping for something (nobody knows what) on a supposedly anonymous test.

I don't know. I'm just not buying it. I would say that Ortiz's reputation didn't take nearly the damage of some of the other super stars. Only time will tell but I don't think it influences his HOF chances either. In the grand scheme of his career I don't think many look at it as more than a mere size 2 font footnote.

Reads like something written by his lawyer or PR guy rather than words from his own mouth.

And as others have already noted, anybody who refers to himself as having class or being a classy person is in fact just the opposite.

nfl_u_tomlinson01_576.jpg

ladainian_tomlinson_celebrating-3131.jpg

ladainian_tomlinson_crybaby.jpg

download-791.png

72998860.jpg

images

maxresdefault.jpg

Weird...he had no comment about Tom Brady in 2015, except a denial that he does anything extraordinary to prepare footballs (proven lie) and then was the only active quarterback to claim it was a big advantage to deflate balls (proven lie) after claiming he tried it to see (most likely a lie.) But yeah, class, integrity. This guy should have a locker next to LaDainian Tomlinson.

Well, he did have something to say back then...

Of course, now that Eli is being accused, he's wondering where everyone's sense of decency is.

Poetic justice

Let us know when you've served a 4 game suspension and your team has forfeited a 1st and 4th round draft pick

This was Peyton's response as well during the Al Jazeera deal and right before he decided not to sue them.

"I'm mad as hell and I'm not going to take it anymore" "But I'm not going to sue them"

This was Peyton's response as well during the Al Jazeera deal and right before he decided not to sue them.

"I'm mad as hell and I'm not going to take it anymore" "But I'm not going to sue them"
Despite all the righteous indignation from the Manning family over the Al Jazera story, NO ONE from their enitre camp ever denied that HGH was sent to his wife. Please correct me if I'm wrong here.

I'm still amazed this story just went away. As far as Eli goes. He's basically an irrelavent QB who had a had a lot of luck on some good teams. He's a good QB, but just because he was on 2 superbowl winning teams shouldn't make him a HOFer.

Despite all the righteous indignation from the Manning family over the Al Jazera story, NO ONE from their enitre camp ever denied that HGH was sent to his wife. Please correct me if I'm wrong here.

I'm still amazed this story just went away. As far as Eli goes. He's basically an irrelavent QB who had a had a lot of luck on some good teams. He's a good QB, but just because he was on 2 superbowl winning teams shouldn't make him a HOFer.

No one ever denied it being sent to his wife and using HGH for fertility purposes is against Federal law and the Doctor who shipped it to her wasn't licensed to prescribe HGH. Really strange how that got swept under the rug. I guess it's good to know Ari Fleischer or good to pay Ari Fleischer.

Eli in the HOF would be such a joke. That can't possibly happen although I'm worried that it might.

You almost forgot his visible disgust, purple forehead veins bulging, that someone would dare second guess his wife and the HGH she ordered from a sports clinic covertly supplying professional athletes. I can't believe people would dare poke around in her personal matters.

M&M wrapping up 15 minutes of absolute drivel on this topic. In a nutshell, indicting everyone involved except Manning. They keep referring to his impeccable reputation and saintly status. Update: the fellating of Manning continues for 10 additional minutes. Genuinely puke-worthy.

Last edited:
M&M wrapping up 15 minutes of absolute drivel on this topic. In a nutshell, indicting everyone involved except Manning. They keep referring to his impeccable reputation and saintly status. Update: the fellating of Manning continues for 10 additional minutes. Genuinely puke-worthy.
When the credits on that show roll it should list Troy Vincent and Mike Kensil as Puppeteers.

Meanwhile, on Wednesday, ESPN's OTL was busy criticizing the Patriots for attending the White House ceremony on the day of Hernandez' suicide. Bob Ley called the decision not to cancel the visit "stunning," claimed the visit will be "forever linked" with the death while some other talking head called Hernandez the "prodigal son" of the franchise. That whole line of thinking ignores that Hernandez played his last game in the 2012 season and had been in jail since 2013. It's not like any of this happened last summer.

In terms of Eli Manning's "impeccable" reputation, what were the negatives about Brady's character and reputation in early 2015? Spygate? That was portrayed as a scheme by Belichick. I don't recall that ever being pinned on Brady. The baby out of wedlock with Bridget Moynahan? That situation seemed to be handled as well as it could be by everyone involved. Yet people like Mike & Mike to give Brady zero benefit of the doubt when the ball deflation story broke.

Considering the way the media treats the Mannings, is there anything Eli could do that would result in a negative reaction from the press? If a story came out that Eli was funding a human trafficking ring, would Mike Greenberg immediately dismiss it? He probably would and he'd have plenty of company.

it's more probable than not that Eli is a fraud and thief. however with Rooney and Mara pulling the strings of their stooge Goodell expect a whitewash.

I love the Giants' recent release. They are *literally* saying:

We have plenty of evidence that puts this entire thing in proper context and exonerates Eli. But instead of releasing that evidence, we are asking the judge to seal all evidence and not allow it to be released publicly.

I don't know. I'm just not buying it. I would say that Ortiz's reputation didn't take nearly the damage of some of the other super stars. Only time will tell but I don't think it influences his HOF chances either. In the grand scheme of his career I don't think many look at it as more than a mere size 2 font footnote.

The fact that there are players being thought of for the HOF, who hardly ever played on the field, is just one of the many reasons that I dumped Balcoball many moons ago.

I hope that I'm not coming across as too abrupt, but I think being able to sit the whole game and just bat is an advantage.

Last edited:
I love the Giants' recent release. They are *literally* saying:

We have plenty of evidence that puts this entire thing in proper context and exonerates Eli. But instead of releasing that evidence, we are asking the judge to seal all evidence and not allow it to be released publicly.

the same "proper context" that the NY Times conveniently ignored initially

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back